• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^Sometimes i curse my brother's inability to put games back into their covers that deprived me of having any pecial melee memories=(...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can relate to that regarding games like FFXII, FFX, KH1, and KH2.
The ironic part is that I'm YOUNGER than my bros.
:(

Thank goodness my Melee disc still works.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
if JC and TH played more like they played at Zenith i'd probably watch their streams a bit more :awesome:

i guess your true skill comes out when money's on the line huh?
TH went boss mode for that dollar lol

good stuff haha

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
When's the last time you watched one of our streams? We've been training more regularly and getting a lot better in the last few months.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
easy there..... 'twas a joke :)

you guys have definitely improved, keep at it

P.S you should be behind bars for the way u manhandled sneak

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Robs jabs and tilts lol... so good

:phone:
I kinda wanna quote one of the many times you told people to just get better at the game :p

To be fair ROB ***** both the characters you used (well, Falcon not so much, but if you don't know how to fight a good ROB ... yeah ... and I have plenty of good Falcon experience). Next time I'll gladly MM you without ROB though.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I kinda wanna quote one of the many times you told people to just get better at the game :p

To be fair ROB ***** both the characters you used (well, Falcon not so much, but if you don't know how to fight a good ROB ... yeah ... and I have plenty of good Falcon experience). Next time I'll gladly MM you without ROB though.
Yea im not saying they were broken, they are just good. I didn't know how to punish robs lag because of the range and speed of the jabs. But na I want you to go rob the next time, its nothing

cmart

Smash Lord
I'm not to confident, but I'd give it to Samus. Missiles really screw with Rob's approach and defensive game, and Samus is maneuverable enough to get around Rob's reach. JC can probably say what Rob's pluses are in the matchup, but he seems to struggle with it more than most.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wish I was near JCaesar and co. I really want to play his ROB and his other players :(

Stupid Wisconsin being in the middle of nowhere and full of elderly people.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah I'd give a slight edge to Samus. Not only does she outcamp him, but she shuts down his approaches better than most and can edgeguard him pretty well. ROB can do serious damage if he keeps the pressure on though.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So how is Wolf and D3 looking right now Project:M crew, I'm mad curious? Also How many characters are 100% done yet, sorry if this question is too much?

Revven

FrankerZ
So how is Wolf and D3 looking right now Project:M crew, I'm mad curious? Also How many characters are 100% done yet, sorry if this question is too much?
Neither character has had any significant work that really needs to be said. As for other characters and being 100%... they're never really considered 100% done until the game is done. There's so many smaller intricacies for characters that we may miss without realizing it along the way for example.

So no character is really considered 100% done.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
if JC and TH played more like they played at Zenith i'd probably watch their streams a bit more :awesome:

i guess your true skill comes out when money's on the line huh?
TH went boss mode for that dollar lol

good stuff haha
Nah, what really made me go boss mode wasn't the money. It was "Oh god damnit, I'm about to lose to Spam-****ing-Arrows" :awesome:.

Seriously though, it was more pride than anything else, since our crew leader lost his MM against Spam_Arrows. It'd speak volumes about the crew if I lost too.

To be fair though, that match was one of the worst I played at Zenith. Any match from the day before...yeah that was when I was on point.

When's the last time you watched one of our streams? We've been training more regularly and getting a lot better in the last few months.
Well you and cmart have at any rate. I haven't touched the game aside from a few hours learning how to adjust my pillar timing since the last time you came down to my place.

But I plan to fix that preeeeeeetty soon ;).

I picked up D3 for the first time at Zenith, and he was really fun. I just tried to emulate G-reg's playstyle as much as I could and I pulled off a number of solid wins with him. He hasn't gone through extensive examining yet though, and I imagine he'll change a lot in the near future. I myself wouldn't mind if he stayed similar to the way he is now.

Wolf had more work done to him recently by comparison (though still not a ton), but cmart would know much more about that then I would.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
good link dude, I really like your use of the Nair. still though, if i can say anything, your spacing game is top shelf.
Like it needs improvement? *never heard that term*
In the context I assume that's what it means. I agree. My spacing needs a bit of work. I need to learn to focus on it more. Another Issue I feel I have is my inability to make use of link's great kill moves. Fsmash - Spin - Dair
I never use them for some strange reason. I need to learn to set them up more.

iLink

Smash Champion
Like it needs improvement? *never heard that term*
In the context I assume that's what it means. I agree. My spacing needs a bit of work. I need to learn to focus on it more. Another Issue I feel I have is my inability to make use of link's great kill moves. Fsmash - Spin - Dair
I never use them for some strange reason. I need to learn to set them up more.
That analogy means that your spacing is some of the best he's seen basically.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
That analogy means that your spacing is some of the best he's seen basically.
Oh ._.
My bad. I guess I'm imagining it being mediocre.

Generally when I see something and can't tell if it's positive or negative I tend to lean towards negative. Pessimism. Also, my opinion of my own spacing is that it needs work so I thought he was thinking the same thing as me.

The word "top" should have tipped me off I assume but w/e.
Sorry.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Oh ._.
My bad. I guess I'm imagining it being mediocre.

Generally when I see something and can't tell if it's positive or negative I tend to lean towards negative. Pessimism. Also, my opinion of my own spacing is that it needs work so I thought he was thinking the same thing as me.

The word "top" should have tipped me off I assume but w/e.
Sorry.
Imo, you're a little agro for my tastes. But I enjoy spacing and camping. It works up your opponent, forces them to approach to which you can punish :) I would spam rang more, and perhaps just spam. Zair is something I've tried to work into my game; it has some decent range and a quick hit box.

Also z dropped bombs. Try it <3

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Yea it's pretty decent, your projectile game is good, but some of your decisions at close range make me ???
Same. I do stupid stuff sometimes and later I'm like "why did you do that?..."

Imo, you're a little agro for my tastes. But I enjoy spacing and camping. It works up your opponent, forces them to approach to which you can punish :) I would spam rang more, and perhaps just spam. Zair is something I've tried to work into my game; it has some decent range and a quick hit box.

Also z dropped bombs. Try it <3
I like playing aggressive though. It depends on the stage and who I'm facing really. Some stages I feel more comfortable using more projectiles and some like PS2 I end up playing too much offense.
I'll have to learn to do a quick switch from forcing approaches to mercilessly pounding them into the ground(assuming I can even do that.)

I usually forget Zair exists. It's amazing how 6 (or was it 4? I think it was from 6 to 10) frames of extra endlag can make me stop using a move. I have trouble following up with it because of the 10 frames. Also in vBrawl I usually SH - AD - Zair. Can't do that with melee air dodge so that sort of deters me from using it.
Z drop - aerial? That's a cool one. I like using it but I have to focus too much on doing it and I end up spacing the aerial terribly and getting wasted unfortunately. It's not even that hard to do so idk why. I'll make a point of using it more consistently so I become more comfortable with it and don't space poorly. Same with Zair.

Thanks for the advice.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
What are Bowser's envisioned approach options besides FAir?
Well lessie here..
Nair(tank in coming attacks), dash attack(tank in coming attacks), up b on the ground(tank projectiles or jabs), side b(tank incoming attacks), down b(tank incoming attacks, or dodge then punish with down b's jump), flame cancel firebreath, fsmash if you can incite your opponent to attack first using fsmash's step back to punish, bair has a wider hitbox then fair and hits harder, Ftilt has long reach, dtilt hits twice in a row if your opponent is at low percents..

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Z drop - aerial? That's a cool one. I like using it but I have to focus too much on doing it and I end up spacing the aerial terribly and getting wasted unfortunately. It's not even that hard to do so idk why. I'll make a point of using it more consistently so I become more comfortable with it and don't space poorly. Same with Zair.

Thanks for the advice.
I usually fake an aerial on the shield, z drop the bomb, go past them and fsmash at their back twice. Eats the shield quite nicely.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well lessie here..
Nair(tank in coming attacks), dash attack(tank in coming attacks), up b on the ground(tank projectiles or jabs), side b(tank incoming attacks), down b(tank incoming attacks, or dodge then punish with down b's jump), flame cancel firebreath, fsmash if you can incite your opponent to attack first using fsmash's step back to punish. Ftilt has long reach, dtilt hits twice in a row if your opponent is at low percents..
What if your opponent is waiting for you and has the lead?

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
What if your opponent is waiting for you and has the lead?
Take a risk, get them to attack you first by dashing in and wding back, use firebreath and grounded up b for poke damage. If you have some balls, rush in and dodge the incoming attack with fsmash's step back. Using bowser's tank powers can let you get away wtih a few scraps and bruises. Playing it safe doesn't suit bowser, learn mind games and bring out the big hits. Throw your opponent off the stage whenever you can, bowser's moveset is designed for edgeguarding. Bowser's power and edge guarding tricks should let you catch up really fast.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Bowser can play really really safely actually. He's got great pokes and that get-out-of-pressure-free up-B.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Bowser can play really really safely actually. He's got great pokes and that get-out-of-pressure-free up-B.
Well yeah, backward jump fair works good too, and playing it safe is actually reccomended against characters like sonic, jiggs or kirby. But ive found being aggressive and applying lots of pressure on the shield/edge guarding is where bowser really shines. A good bowser should be able to 0-death someone once they fall off stage. He's got all the tools to keep an opponent off and away from the ledge permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom