• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Giving each Poké a downB isn't possible atm.

There are plans to maintain the individual pokémon and the pokémon trainer.

BinAly, are you A'ly from 1upsmash?
Yes, I am.

So, if giving a new move is not possible, it is probably better to just maintain PT as it is. Having the option to choose one PKMN without the possibility of change is just worse than picking PT.

ds22

Smash Lord
Yes, I am.

So, if giving a new move is not possible, it is probably better to just maintain PT as it is. Having the option to choose one PKMN without the possibility of change is just worse than picking PT.
Giving them down-B's is impossible as of yet.
It might be possible in the near future though.
Nothing about it has been decided.

shanus

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079p47Y42Og

So apparently DDD has a broken spot dodge. I never knew this (lol brawl). I still learn new things about Brawl since I never played it after 2 months since launch.

Anyways, I'm gonna type it out for those who can't view videos at the moment. I know you guys barely worked on DDD but how are you going to approach this "issue"? His spot dodge goes on for a time span of 27 frames. Frame 2 - 20 is invincibility. Which leaves frame 1 and frame 21 - 27 vulnerable. But, he technically still isn't vulnerable because of his Z axis. He steps so far out of the battlefield that no attacks can get him unless its frame 1. But, they can hit him as long as you're in front of him because when DDD spot dodges, he leaves his hand and feet in front of him.
Animations are easy to fix.

Zelow

Smash Apprentice
Project-M questions

Hey all long time no talk. I hope my question is a simple one but i was looking up Melee videos the other day and i saw the most beautiful thing ever it was a brawl match playing like a melee match fast and technical. Now i have looked into Project M and all i could find were different mods i needed to run before running the default (store bought disc) i was wondering does anyone know of an ISO version out there it would be better for me as i don't like to use my actual discs ( my wii is modded with a back up launcher). I'm not looking to pirate i just have bad luck with scratching discs. Thank anyone who has any helpful insight on this topic.

-Zelow

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Giving them down-B's is impossible as of yet.
It might be possible in the near future though.
Nothing about it has been decided.
But, just to make things clear. Not giving them a new Down-B is a matter of decision or a real coding problem?

I know you guys make magic with the coding, just want to understand the problem.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Glad to hear its easy to fix.

Edit: @Zelow: I don't quite understand your question. What do you mean by different mods of Project M? Project M is Project M. This mod requires a NTSC-U Brawl. NTSC-J is okay too since there is an NTSC-J codeset. PAL is kind of stuck at the moment.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey all long time no talk. I hope my question is a simple one but i was looking up Melee videos the other day and i saw the most beautiful thing ever it was a brawl match playing like a melee match fast and technical. Now i have looked into Project M and all i could find were different mods i needed to run before running the default (store bought disc) i was wondering does anyone know of an ISO version out there it would be better for me as i don't like to use my actual discs ( my wii is modded with a back up launcher). I'm not looking to pirate i just have bad luck with scratching discs. Thank anyone who has any helpful insight on this topic.

-Zelow
Go to the IRC for help.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

-Zelow
Standards and Practices won't allow a proper answer to this question in this site, so google search it.

D3's spot dodge is very dumb considering that no one else goes into the Z axis like that.

shanus

Smash Hero
Standards and Practices won't allow a proper answer to this question in this site, so google search it.

D3's spot dodge is very dumb considering that no one else goes into the Z axis like that.
According to Magus, Falcon is also dumb with Z axis.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
But, just to make things clear. Not giving them a new Down-B is a matter of decision or a real coding problem?

I know you guys make magic with the coding, just want to understand the problem.
It's like the alloys, you can't give them new specials as they didn't had from the beginning, as Pokémon Change is Pokémon Trainer's.

There's pros and cons of using Trainer or not, with the Trainer you are forced to change pokémon when you lose a stock, and is forced to know how to play with the three.

Individual pokés gives you stability of character, but will take out stability in matchups that using another pokés would give.

Pokémon Trainer has potential to be the character with most stable match up chart in the game if proper changes are made.

A question, could you guys do the same as BBrawl and let the game load the character files from the sd card instead of the game disc?

like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj2YjpJbYS0

Monk said it wouldn't be much of a difference but I couldn't stop thinking of it.

ds22

Smash Lord
It's like the alloys, you can't give them new specials as they didn't had from the beginning, as Pokémon Change is Pokémon Trainer's.

There's pros and cons of using Trainer or not, with the Trainer you are forced to change pokémon when you lose a stock, and is forced to know how to play with the three.

Individual pokés gives you stability of character, but will take out stability in matchups that using another pokés would give.

Pokémon Trainer has potential to be the character with most stable match up chart in the game if proper changes are made.

A question, could you guys do the same as BBrawl and let the game load the character files from the sd card instead of the game disc?

like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj2YjpJbYS0

Monk said it wouldn't be much of a difference but I couldn't stop thinking of it.
Alloys and Individual Pokes aren't the same in any circumstance whatsoever.
We might be able to give them down-B's and we might not, but nothing on that matter is decisive as of yet (as it hasn't been explored yet).

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer is getting the boot, because this:

Is not Melee, and thus will not be tolerated in Project M.

shanus

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer is getting the boot, because this:

Is not Melee, and thus will not be tolerated in Project M.
As stated explicitly in the PMBR, and given how its not been implemented, no final decision has been made, hence why the thread was locked. Nothing to see here, so carry on please.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Oh, alright.

Pokemon Trainer was overwhelmingly voted to receive the boot, because this:

Is not Melee, and thus was voted to not be tolerated in Project M.

There. Edited for accuracy.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I used Libertyernie's code for resetting my music on Luigi's Mansion, and it kinda worked; I can now select LM in my music. But I do have a few problems still; I can only move the music bars an extremely small amount in either direction, and the game still freezes when I actually select LM on the SSS. Any ideas?

shanus

Smash Hero
As stated explicitly in the PMBR, and given how its not been implemented, no final decision has been made, hence why the thread was locked. Nothing to see here, so carry on please.

Given that Magus and I thought it was foolish to remove PT when WT Pokes were incomplete, I would call the issue far from finalized. You know I had explicitly said this to you, Gurukid, closed the thread, and kept PT in for this exact reason as you don't know what innovations can be realized on how to delineate WT vs PT. Bring it to the PMBR for discussion, not here.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Alright, so I used Libertyernie's code for resetting my music on Luigi's Mansion, and it kinda worked; I can now select LM in my music. But I do have a few problems still; I can only move the music bars an extremely small amount in either direction, and the game still freezes when I actually select LM on the SSS. Any ideas?
Do you have an edited ISO with something over LM? Do you have a stage with the FPC on over LM? Do you have any BRSTMs on LM?

If you have any of those. Remove them.

If this doesn't solve it, AFAIK you're ****ed.

Zelow

Smash Apprentice
Glad to hear its easy to fix.

Edit: @Zelow: I don't quite understand your question. What do you mean by different mods of Project M? Project M is Project M. This mod requires a NTSC-U Brawl. NTSC-J is okay too since there is an NTSC-J codeset. PAL is kind of stuck at the moment.
they are programs u need to run before launching the actual game (if u have a modded wii) if ur wii isnt modded u may not know exactly what i am talking about but basicly u run it from the homebrew menu rather then the disc try icon from the main wii screen

Rikana

Smash Champion
I know what you're talking about. It was the way you phrased it.By the way, I was "popcorn" on the irc. I think I already gave you a solution.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
So, I remember reading that landing detection was based on the interaction between the Top N bone and the stage collision, however I had an idea that popped in my mind today. Is it possible to assign a different bone to have the interaction with the collisions instead of the Top N bone, like a bone that is movable?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So, I remember reading that landing detection was based on the interaction between the Top N bone and the stage collision, however I had an idea that popped in my mind today. Is it possible to assign a different bone to have the interaction with the collisions instead of the Top N bone, like a bone that is movable?
That's not a dumb assumption given the amount of info you got. I don't think I can come up with much better either. You're saying moveable because of the dynamic nature of Melee's landing desteciton, I presume.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Even if that is a ghetto fix, we'd have to redo every single animation that was edited to do that once we actually figure out a proper way to do landing detection. Why not just wait and do it properly?

Ecks

Smash Lord
If only said ghetto fix could be character specific, or even better, move specific. That way Link's nair could be fixed. Oh well.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'd rather have a legit fix than a ghetto one. This "ghetto fix" sounds like quite a bit of hassle and would only further increase the time it would take to create the full version of P:M.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Also, moving/editing the TopN bone like you said would require us to edit EVERY ANIMATION IN THE GAME because of TopN being moved, characters would be rotated in diff angles unless we changed them. Sooo, we're not going to do that. :laugh:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I've done soem RPG programming before on very basic Ruby, and I know what they mean. Trying to circumvent limits through ghetto fixes does indeed put you at risk for a LOT of bugs. And it is time consuming. (My project is nothing close to this project's scale, but it's just an example).

Ecks

Smash Lord
I've done soem RPG programming before on very basic Ruby, and I know what they mean. Trying to circumvent limits through ghetto fixes does indeed put you at risk for a LOT of bugs. And it is time consuming. (My project is nothing close to this project's scale, but it's just an example).
It's funny, since the first time Shanus said "ghetto fix" I instantly remembered all the lol stuff I used to do (and would still be doing if it weren't for my POS comp) on RPG VX to work around stuff. Kinda wish I would have given Ruby enough time though. :/

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
LMAO. My friend "The Demi-Peach" and I were doing Captain Falcon dittos... hilarious. I managed to save three replays, but I have to find a system software to record it, due to being in college... :p

Yikarur

Smash Master
Is it possible to fix the way brawl actually reads buttons?
example
if you press Y and hold Y and then press X you won't jump because Brawl doesn't read the button but the "order".
if you hold Y you hold "Jump" so you can't press another "jump" button to Jump while you hold the other. The Game will thing you hold jump all the time. (Tap Jump doesn't have that problem)
This is important because this is the reason you can't wavedash OoS like you're used to in P:M.
if you hold shield and want to wavedash you have to release the shield button first and then press another/the same again to wavedash.
this is really important and I didn't read the last thousand pages so I don't know if nobody mentioned this yet (I don't think so, this is too obvious to not be mentioned yet xP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom