• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IYM!

Smash Lord

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, could Marth's dancing blade animation be made any more similar to his melee animation? Especially the 3rd down slice. Just for nostalgia purposes really.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Ha ha, IYM, you can see nice Link in the streams. But obviously, the eason you don't see many good Links is because the changes in him are recent. People weren't shine-happy when Melee first came out after all. It's the same here. People are struggling to get past their old playstyle and incorporate new elements form his new moveset. A character's metagame builds up over time. Eventually, I'm sure that the new, improved tilts will be used to some good. Also, Link is severely (According to me)hampered by the current landing detection. So his potential can only grow.

Oh and by barely played, I mean that the demo was release "for" Pound V, so of course, people had little practice.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I think also, a lack of super-specific documentation about the changes don't help. I'm not talking about Link in particular either.

Of course, the devs said this won't happen until the final release. Which is alright with me considering there's still a game to finish (and set-in-stone to some degree).

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, got another question. Will Bowser's Koopa Klaw be returning, or will his flying slam be returing?

leelue

Smash Lord
I love sneak's responses. on my phone (which is how I see the internet) I can only see so much of the page - not the part where the names are. Every time I see the word "practice" or a synonym, I know who it is.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
What about the possibility of making Pokemon Trainer switches extremely fast and possible while aerial so that very technical players could combo between the three of them?

I'm not sure it's an ideal solution but it would be freaking cool, plus the "switch out" gimmick isn't very effective (lol)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Wait, I thought if you stored the models on an external device it called them faster... or something.

I DOUBT this is possible, but it's something worth mentioning I guess:

What if, every few seconds (would work from a lowered fatigue timer or something) switch became available again (you can't do it constantly), but when you used it, Switch froze every character on the screen at once until the switch completed.

I know you can't create articles, but there are a few existing articles that could be used, I think.

I mean, this is just conceptually and full disclosure is that I have only a vague idea of how PSA editing or move editing works but:

-Code lowers fatigue timer (to something like 10 or 15 seconds)
-Pokemon no longer affected by fatigue as it was
-Down-b does nothing, except after fatigue timer, as in fart
-When down-b becomes available, use causes entire screen to either freeze or slow down significantly, as though a Timer item was used.
-Switch continues as normal. When completed, the screen returns to normal speed (Timer item ends)

A lot of work I guess, but I've seen similar things done with player created characters (articles called that belong to other characters or items).. example is a Dr Mario character that fires capsules when he uses nB.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Wait, I thought if you stored the models on an external device it called them faster... or something.

I DOUBT this is possible, but it's something worth mentioning I guess:

What if, every few seconds (would work from a lowered fatigue timer or something) switch became available again (you can't do it constantly), but when you used it, Switch froze every character on the screen at once until the switch completed.

I know you can't create articles, but there are a few existing articles that could be used, I think.

I mean, this is just conceptually and full disclosure is that I have only a vague idea of how PSA editing or move editing works but:

-Code lowers fatigue timer (to something like 10 or 15 seconds)
-Pokemon no longer affected by fatigue as it was
-Down-b does nothing, except after fatigue timer, as in fart
-When down-b becomes available, use causes entire screen to either freeze or slow down significantly, as though a Timer item was used.
-Switch continues as normal. When completed, the screen returns to normal speed (Timer item ends)

A lot of work I guess, but I've seen similar things done with player created characters (articles called that belong to other characters or items).. example is a Dr Mario character that fires capsules when he uses nB.
A more fluid way of doing it: Instead of freezing time, give the poke-ball a hit-box so that it can stun the opponent in-between the switch.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think that transformations in this mod are handled by the speed of the SD card (correct me if I'm wrong), so I doubt you can make Pokeballs transform faster.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bowser:M is pretty pimp. That BThrow kills hella early.
But I am still most psyched because of GaW. I fell in love with Melee GaW playing on the Melee setup at the tourney I was at Saturday. Any changes to him in the patch?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes, yes it would.

I just realized the one thing I like about Melee.

Every single character, including "clones", have completely different playstyles. Even Pikachu/Pichu is different, since the Pichu player has to constantly play around his self-damaging aspect and his I-die-at-like-8%-from-dreamland's-wind-effect-lol aspect.

Oh, and I can't believe I'm actually joining this group, but how much are Toon Link's projectiles like Young Link's? Do his arrows come out just as fast?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Oh, and I can't believe I'm actually joining this group, but how much are Toon Link's projectiles like Young Link's? Do his arrows come out just as fast?
Currently his bombs are YL's bombs. I also think the boomerang hitbox or damage might be YL's, unsure on that part. Arrows are TL arrows but will probably end up having fire GFX and do fire dmg just to have a little thing that "combines" TL and YL arrows. :bee:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Are there any really great PM sets of top players/good people out these days? Haven't been keeping up with my PM buddies in a while...

Rikana

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079p47Y42Og

So apparently DDD has a broken spot dodge. I never knew this (lol brawl). I still learn new things about Brawl since I never played it after 2 months since launch.

Anyways, I'm gonna type it out for those who can't view videos at the moment. I know you guys barely worked on DDD but how are you going to approach this "issue"? His spot dodge goes on for a time span of 27 frames. Frame 2 - 20 is invincibility. Which leaves frame 1 and frame 21 - 27 vulnerable. But, he technically still isn't vulnerable because of his Z axis. He steps so far out of the battlefield that no attacks can get him unless its frame 1. But, they can hit him as long as you're in front of him because when DDD spot dodges, he leaves his hand and feet in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom