• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I really doubt it's the forth installment of the Super Smash Bros. series. Neverthless, I'm still looking into it. Could this be the long-awaited Kirby game we've all been waiting for?
W-w-w-wh-wh-wh-WH-WH-wha-wha-WHA-WHA-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

I can't even begin to comprehend what this post was trying to say or why it's being said here.

D

Deleted member

Lol so much better than what I was thinking...
Maybe Bthrow does the more damage than the other three
Perhaps 1/2 is OP maybe something like 1/3, 1/4 For bthrow?
Or set Damage 15~27

Edit: Charizard W/ Pika's Bthrow animation would be sex
The animation needs to work in the air and on the ground. Anyway, its all conceptual brainstorming unless the crew wants this idea.

And throw damage is better around 7-12% not as fractions of your total damage.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
The animation needs to work in the air and on the ground. Anyway, its all conceptual brainstorming unless the crew wants this idea.

And throw damage is better around 7-12% not as fractions of your total damage.
Well How much damage would the other throws be doing? There needs to be a reason to use bthrow over d/u/fthrow right?

D

Deleted member

Well How much damage would the other throws be doing? There needs to be a reason to use bthrow over d/u/fthrow right?
Moves and throws aren't used on the basis of damage. It's all about the utility of the move you make.

Again, as I said before, I am not designing this at all. It is merely a concept I suggested due to Shanus requesting ideas and AT for Charizard.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
well, this seems awfully complicated if it's only going to apply to indyzard. if it's for all poketrainer, it still seems a bit insane. the seismic toss alone would be an interesting move rather than additional options within this new option.

either way, landing a move like that should not be easy. if it had lame priority and speed, slower than boozer's side-b, maybe some of this would be justified. EDIT: also, may i suggest that it not simply be a seismic toss...but a flaming seismic toss! unless, uh, you wanted to go so far as to make FSes for them. then it'd be that, or fire blast. anywho...

in consideration of techs: is it possible to allow mario to reverse his down-b? the fludd is a great recovery tool (when it's charged), but having to lose some vertical height just to cape away from the stage takes away this effectiveness some, not to mention how melee falling speed will nerf this technique at the get go. i almost suggested being able to cancel the cape to it at the first couple frames, but a midair stall + a powerful edgeguard tool sounds...

well, it sounds awesome, actually. thinking about it, if the fludd was nerfed a bit, but given the power to be positioned more effectively, that'd be, yes, quite tubular, man.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Moves and throws aren't used on the basis of damage. It's all about the utility of the move you make.

Again, as I said before, I am not designing this at all. It is merely a concept I suggested due to Shanus requesting ideas and AT for Charizard.
I'm aware more damage =/= better move I was just stating my thoughts and asking for your alternative on the hypothetical bthrow

Rikana

Smash Champion
If was seismic toss was in, that would be sideB and rocksmash should be downB. It makes more sense like that for some reason.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Or his glide attack should just automatically grab you and seismic toss when it connects. Its a pretty bad move otherwise.

humble

Smash Ace
Ok, let me explain this before you guys continue on to brainstorm more ideas for indymon's new down-bs.

Both the pokemon trainer team, and the indymon, reference from the same files and use the same .pacs. If you swapped the down-B, the team would not work. Unless you want to remove the pokemon trainer team (and shanus has already confirmed PT team will be in) then you have to scrap this idea.

Charizard being able to glide out of up-B sounds fine, if his glide is faster.

Giving him 4 jumps may be necessary considering higher gravity and his already fatass, he will stall out in the air and barely rise.

I still say allowing the startup of rocksmash to be canceled would be interesting and help him, and definitely an AT that would help his game. However it wouldn't be OP, as it is only useful for mixups and mindgames.

+1 for FLUDD reversal.

D

Deleted member

in consideration of techs: is it possible to allow mario to reverse his down-b? the fludd is a great recovery tool (when it's charged), but having to lose some vertical height just to cape away from the stage takes away this effectiveness some, not to mention how melee falling speed will nerf this technique at the get go. i almost suggested being able to cancel the cape to it at the first couple frames, but a midair stall + a powerful edgeguard tool sounds...

well, it sounds awesome, actually. thinking about it, if the fludd was nerfed a bit, but given the power to be positioned more effectively, that'd be, yes, quite tubular, man.
At one point in B+, I believe they used FLUDD like it was in Super Mario Sunshine as a water jet pack to move horizontally and gain vertical height.

Flaming Seismic Toss? Sounds pretty cool

^^ somebody said or hinted that the idea of individual pokemon instead of PT was being discussed ^^

Rikana

Smash Champion
Ok, let me explain this before you guys continue on to brainstorm more ideas for indymon's new down-bs.

Both the pokemon trainer team, and the indymon, reference from the same files and use the same .pacs. If you swapped the down-B, the team would not work. Unless you want to remove the pokemon trainer team (and shanus has already confirmed PT team will be in) then you have to scrap this idea.

Charizard being able to glide out of up-B sounds fine, if his glide is faster.

Giving him 4 jumps may be necessary considering higher gravity and his already fatass, he will stall out in the air and barely rise.

I still say allowing the startup of rocksmash to be canceled would be interesting and help him, and definitely an AT that would help his game. However it wouldn't be OP, as it is only useful for mixups and mindgames.

+1 for FLUDD reversal.
There will be a way around getting individual pokemons their own downB's eventually. The project isn't officially done so PT can be removed at anytime when majority agrees that individual pokemons would be a good way to go.

Why have glide out of upB when you can just do anything else besides jump and glide? Charizard keeps his weakness with poor recovery but has more options when recovering. We don't want to drastically change one's recovery just because its poor. A weakness should stay a weakness.

You're not sure how much he'll rise from a fourth jump. Even if it is a bit, it might make all the difference. I wouldn't mind if he gets it or not though. If he does, that's just better for Charizard players.. which I'll be one when it P:M is out for public.

Rocksmash should stay as it is. Its a powerful move that can be punished if used incorrectly. Allowing it to be canceled just makes it lose a huge portion of its cons.

Unlimited

Smash Cadet
Any date set on this project? I know you're going for the "it'll be done when it's dont" but it there even a date on a new video with a little more gameplay? Eagerly awaiting anything ant kind of visually pleasing update as I'm sure many are.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
lol you just found out about Taj's mewtwo? His mewtwo is old but still awesome. Look up Taj mewtwo vs Silent Spectre falcon. I loved that match. Mewtwo does go in fall state after teleport (upB or airdodge). Taj just used it well so you don't see it.
oh I know he goes into special fall after teleport, but i was saying that if somehow we can get him into brawl, we can modify this :)
@Orca: Even if i try to use him, I'm pretty sure it will take a lot of time to be half as good as he is.
Also, +1 for reverse F.L.U.D.D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What do you guys mean by reverse FLUDD? You mean being able to do it in the opposite direction than the one you're facing? Because you can already do that, unless Mario's down-B works differently from every other B move in the game...

shanus

Smash Hero
Magus, have you seen any hint of throw knockback functions in fighter.pac? I myself have not, only a few character specific functions in Thrown (action 42?)

I'll look more, but I'm not sure since knockback/hitstun is probably the least understood portion of fighter.pac

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
This is a pretty interesting idea. A lot of people chickenblock that move in fear of trading with it, so if done right it could be pretty fun. It'd be even more fun if it retained super armor. Also gives Charizard a chance to not get punished when he sees people running away at the sight of it.

If you really think it'll be broken, simply make the timing strictly at the start-up and not as the hitbox is coming out. Then its pretty much just a fake-out or a way to reverse direction(Lulz Headbanging Charizard dance better then Sheik needledancing imo).

Glide attack is fine for seismic toss because its a fairly obvious move that anyone can see coming. Off-stage he probably even has better options. It'd still get some use though, especially if it grabbed you in your shield.

Take your time on that trailer. A lot of my scene is skeptical, but if the trailer is really good and true to Melee I think it'll get some nice hype.

jalued

Smash Lord
i do feel charizard should have heavy armor on his glide, makes perfect sense. Seismic toss would be best suited to his glide attack, as long as the animation was smooth. would it be possible that the attack had 2 different situational animations?

1) above the ground, smashes opponent into ground

2) off the edge, plummets with opponent and then lets go, effectively a strong spike. Make it go as low down that he cannot recover unless used high above the stage's horizontal height.

if used above stage but too high up, option 2 is used (so is practically useless apart from the damage)

humble

Smash Ace
Rock smash should be cancel able on startup after say 5 frames, and the cancel window should be pretty tight, say another 5 frames, then it can no longer be canceled. This way it is good for mixups+mindgames, but the move still has issues it always had. It isn't making the move any better necessarily, but it is a tricky tech and AT that a zard could use to throw off an opponent; start rocksmash, jumpcancel it into a wavedash or JC grab. Rocksmash cancel to retreating wavedash grab to punish their attempts to hit you on rocksmash startup. Etc. Etc. Rocksmash itself is still a bad move, but the cancel would be good for mixups.

What if while doing flamethrower, if you hold back he will turn around while performing it?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
What do you guys mean by reverse FLUDD? You mean being able to do it in the opposite direction than the one you're facing? Because you can already do that, unless Mario's down-B works differently from every other B move in the game...
Some down/up Bs cannot be b-reversed for some reason.

For instance, Sonic's down B cannot be b-reversed. It'd be really cool if this could be fixed somehow <_<

jalued

Smash Lord
Rock smash should be cancel able on startup after say 5 frames, and the cancel window should be pretty tight, say another 5 frames, then it can no longer be canceled. This way it is good for mixups+mindgames, but the move still has issues it always had. It isn't making the move any better necessarily, but it is a tricky tech and AT that a zard could use to throw off an opponent; start rocksmash, jumpcancel it into a wavedash or JC grab. Rocksmash cancel to retreating wavedash grab to punish their attempts to hit you on rocksmash startup. Etc. Etc. Rocksmash itself is still a bad move, but the cancel would be good for mixups.

What if while doing flamethrower, if you hold back he will turn around while performing it?
rocksmash is already too spamable, think of other ideas. it does 44% and breaks shields!!

Veril

Frame Savant
rocksmash is an incredible move: unpunishable on hit
That's the norm when hitstun isn't retardedly low (vBrawl :urg:). Most moves are unpunishable on hit in B+, and project M only has a .02 difference in the hitstun mod.

Because you can already do that, unless Mario's down-B works differently from every other B move in the game...
Several b moves can't be b-reversed. This isn't always a bad thing as it prevents wavebounced missiles from Samus ;p

Someone made a list of b-reversible moves a while back.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
still no word on DDD? *sigh* why dont we just change this to the PT thread >_>....

since no other character discussion is allowed atm I have some thing for every pokemon. How about critical hits? have at least 1 B move randomly crit. Or add effects like Burn, freeze, confusion...etc :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom