• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
For me this video looks impressive for making Ganondorf as fast as he really is (and was in Melee).

And will lucario be replaced with Mewtwo?

Because I saw some versions of a turned Lucario to Mewtwo and all version aren't really Mewtwo ... for me ...

jalued

Smash Lord
@Orca. Its Brawl's engine after all. They're trying their hardest to make it as close to Melee as possible so don't have your hopes too high up. It may differ from the Melee videos that you watch. I'm just glad this project even exists. I've wanted this for a long time.

-----

Back to the ATs for Charizard. Maybe we can cancel his glide with shield so he can do anything out of it. Speeding up his glide would be helpful. Or.. we can make his upB more like those that can attack out of it. At the peak of Charizard's upB he doesn't go into a freefall state but he can't jump again. There's not many ATs that Charizard can do with his current moveset.
i agree that he should be able to glide after his UpB.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@Orca... The things that Tipman showed off in that video:

-SH Bair DJ aerial
-SH Uair DJ aerial
-Infinite lege-grab invuln
-chaingrabs... maybe
-sexy perfect ledge-dashes
-platform dash to Uair semi-spike
-Uair semi spike to ledge-cancel to edge-hog
-Waveland off ledge to Uair semi-spike

...are all staples that will be returning.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@Orca... The things that Tipman showed off in that video:

-SH Bair DJ aerial
-SH Uair DJ aerial
-Infinite lege-grab invuln
-chaingrabs... maybe
-sexy perfect ledge-dashes
-platform dash to Uair semi-spike
-Uair semi spike to ledge-cancel to edge-hog
-Waveland off ledge to Uair semi-spike

...are all staples that will be returning.
awesome!!!!

GPDP

Smash Ace
Will something be done about Lucario's UpB not wanting to work sometimes when Tap Jump is disabled? I know they haven't done anything about it for Brawl+, so will this be fixed here?

Also, this is just a minor complaint, but sometimes when I perform a bair with the cstick, the character jumps backwards do perform the bair, when I just want bair to be performed on the spot. This only happens if I press cstick back almost immediately after jump. Will this be looked into?

shanus

Smash Hero
Will something be done about Lucario's UpB not wanting to work sometimes when Tap Jump is disabled? I know they haven't done anything about it for Brawl+, so will this be fixed here?

Also, this is just a minor complaint, but sometimes when I perform a bair with the cstick, the character jumps backwards do perform the bair, when I just want bair to be performed on the spot. This only happens if I press cstick back almost immediately after jump. Will this be looked into?
Things like that might be much harder to fix. Controller inputs and DI in particular are not something trivial to fix.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Things like that might be much harder to fix. Controller inputs and DI in particular are not something trivial to fix.
I had an inkling this would be the case. They managed to make a code to make dairs performed with the cstick not fastfall, though. Perhaps something similar can be done?

Thanks for the response, though. I just wish Lucario's UpB would work when I tell it to.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I like the idea of having Charizard end his Fly into a glide. His glide should be a bit faster and maybe even have heavy armor like Bowser's crawl. And while I'm on the topic of his glide, maybe his glide attack could use a bit of a speed boost as well. I'd like to see Charizard be able to do a lot of things out of the glide.

Also, IF you guys go with indymon only, the method used to give the alloys special attacks should work with a normal character as well. Just saying...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Is Fox going to be difficult to play? He should be just as difficult to play as he was in Melee. Please don't dumb him down. He was like a reward character.

shanus

Smash Hero
^^ So true. We wouldn't spend all this time coding this for an easy to play game!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dude. This project was started because a technical Falco main wanted Melee Falco back.

Shanus ≠ Sakurai.
This.
Which means Mario in Project:M = sex (except with maybe less fail kill power although B+ sort of fixes this).

Oddly enough, I want to see how the SSE feels with Project:M; wavedashing and L-canceling alone will be godsends for it (platforming would be made faster with it and ALR doesn't work in SSE). I'm still particularly interested in doing extensive hacking to it including the removal of the forced SSE engine as well as replacing the current stages with more Nintendo-related ones.

ETWIST51294 said:
Shanurai. lol
Sakurnus, too.

shanus

Smash Hero
I never tried to see if my codes even work there. I'm predicting crashes out the wazoo

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Eww, how can anyone even consider toying around with SSE!? It's so painfully terrible. My God. It was probably one of the worst video game experiences I've ever had to endure. My friend and I were bored to tears during the great maze. *sigh*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I never tried to see if my codes even work there. I'm predicting crashes out the wazoo
At least with the new stuff, probably. Brawl+ has only managed to produce odd results or not have some parts work (scar jumping doesn't work, everyone is still slow as hell, jump heights and weights unified). One extremely irrelevant bug is that player 2 sometimes can reach very high run speeds.

PSA characters have some strange results. Zero's wallslide can ignore water (the "water splash" sound plays over and over) until he wall jumps and lets the entire jump finish (you can air dash after that too). Every time he spawns (out of a door in the air), he has a little bit of forward momentum which has killed me sometimes. His wall jumps force him outwards and prevent normal wall climbing. Geno Toon Link's UpB goes extremely high and can kill himself off the top of the screen. Using his DownB on those tower-like enemies with the sun-shaped head on top can generate enough sound effects to kill the sound for a second.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eww, how can anyone even consider toying around with SSE!? It's so painfully terrible. My God. It was probably one of the worst video game experiences I've ever had to endure. My friend and I were bored to tears during the great maze. *sigh*
Playing it under the Brawl+ engine with music that's far better (and custom textures) makes it somewhat enjoyable. Zero Link was practically born to kick so much *** in SSE. It's still not a great experience.
And that's precisely why I'm interested in hacking it and changing it into an experience that would suck less. I want to remove all the unified crap that makes it so boring to play the characters (Sonic moves as fast as Bowser, lolwut) in it, platforming is so dreadfully slow (once again, Falco jumping as high as Ganondorf, lolwut), and scrolling sections slow down the action. Plus, a %-based beat'em up seems so impractical. It's also incredibly obnoxious. I'd rather force it into Stamina mode instead.
Oh, and I'd set the stages to a tone that more represents the Nintendo worlds (since that only made a lot of sense to do in the first place). Model importing massive stages would be a start.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Playing it under the Brawl+ engine with music that's far better (and custom textures) makes it somewhat enjoyable. Zero Link was practically born to kick so much *** in SSE. It's still not a great experience.
And that's precisely why I'm interested in hacking it and changing it into an experience that would suck less. I want to remove all the unified crap that makes it so boring to play the characters (Sonic moves as fast as Bowser, lolwut) in it, platforming is so dreadfully slow (once again, Falco jumping as high as Ganondorf, lolwut), and scrolling sections slow down the action. Plus, a %-based beat'em up seems so impractical. It's also incredibly obnoxious. I'd rather force it into Stamina mode instead.
Oh, and I'd set the stages to a tone that more represents the Nintendo worlds (since that only made a lot of sense to do in the first place). Model importing massive stages would be a start.
I see what you're saying, and understand where you're coming from, but I'd be willing to guess that many of said changes would be very time consuming. To me (and perhaps many others), it may not seem worth while to put an exorbitant amount of effort to make SSE enjoyable, as that attention could instead be directed at what we're already doing: making better and better mods. Figuring out more and more about file structure and offsets. I wouldn't be opposed to people working to improve SSE, but really, I don't see the point. 98% of Smash's player base play because they want to play versus. In the event that the SSE was reworked it'd still fall to the wayside in comparison to versus styled multiplayer.

I wonder what Phantom Wings has been up to. Last I knew he was looking into a true clone engine, and perhaps even a model importer. I wonder if he's made progress, or what happened.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I see what you're saying, and understand where you're coming from, but I'd be willing to guess that many of said changes would be very time consuming. To me (and perhaps many others), it may not seem worth while to put an exorbitant amount of effort to make SSE enjoyable, as that attention could instead be directed at what we're already doing: making better and better mods. Figuring out more and more about file structure and offsets. I wouldn't be opposed to people working to improve SSE, but really, I don't see the point. 98% of Smash's player base play because they want to play versus. In the event that the SSE was reworked it'd still fall to the wayside in comparison to versus styled multiplayer.

I wonder what Phantom Wings has been up to. Last I knew he was looking into a true clone engine, and perhaps even a model importer. I wonder if he's made progress, or what happened.
Yeah, ultimately it's something that I and people from the Stage Hacking thread would do (Mewtwo_2000 comes to mind as an extraordinarily great stage maker) and it'd be a mostly underground project just to find how some things work. I really just want to learn how to import and mess around with the stages myself in BBox and then figure out what I can look for to figure how the SSE engine works. A lot of independent work before I get others into it. Then there's the idea of completely remaking the story with new cutscenes... but that is but only a dream at present time.

PW has made a post about his progress on the clone engine and it looks painfully difficult to do considering you can't just operate a cloned moveset without all the articles related to that character causing a mechanical mind**** on the entire game. Limited knowledge on articles makes this quite a task to handle. I know he'll make progress though.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
About charizard and his current state of affairs...
Random list of buffs...
-Give him flame canceling?
-Increase his air mobility (Just a bit faster)
-Usmash harder to SDI
-Faster throws
-Sweetspots on moves involving his tail flame
-Dsmash is a Quakesmash (it is Earthquake)
-More horizontal range behind him on his Up+b (About the size of his earthquake)
-Def. needs a faster glide (Its like molasses...)
-Stronger Glide attack
-Bthrow is a killing throw
-Dthrow sets up for combos (ala Capt. falcon's dthrow)
-Dtilt sends in a higher angle if its a sweetspot (ala marth's dtilt)
-IASA on his dthrow, theres a second of lag

Edit: Take his big bros tech and give to him Rock hopping? Lawl
D*** Thats a sexy ava ETwist

Thats all...?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hey, I just remembered something about Bowser in Melee, while I'm sure you guys know this but I'm just making sure. Do you guys know that Bowser is in hitstun for a shorter time than most characters? Like, he can jump out of a dthrow knee. I got the information from Gimpy.

Rikana

Smash Champion
i agree that he should be able to glide after his UpB.
I never said I want glide after upB. I actually don't want that. What I said is don't let Charizard go in a freefall state after upB so he can do anything else after upB except jump (dominating tech chase game now exist in air for Charizard if this happens. Air chase?). Kind of like Game and Watch.

I have that problem too. Forgot to mention that. Its the same for fAir.

Magus420

Smash Master
That's false. Bowser can jump out of d-throw knee because he's a fatass and CF's d-throw speed/lag is affected by weight and makes CF lag more. U-throw speed is not affected by weight, which is why d-throw sucks on fatties and u-throw is better. D-throwing (or any throw in the game) him in Melee at say 50% will stun Bowser for the same amount of time as it would stun Pichu and every other character in the game at 50%.

Speaking of throws, it'd be nice if it were possible to make throw KB ignore weight again. It's why CF was so chaingrabbable in Brawl+ since he's both heavy and a FFer so he goes almost nowhere.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Is Ganondorf going to play like this? His Uair is sexy. I'd jiz if that's how his Uair worked in P:M! ;D

ooh.. and Mewtwo should play like this...
WOW! Orca, I never knew Mewtwo could be played that well, thanks for showing me that. I will go watch his matches on youtube right now :). Also, imagine that we could somehow make him fully playable on brawl and making his teleport not go into special fall...that would be too sexy *imagines 3 shadowclaws and drools*

Rikana

Smash Champion
WOW! Orca, I never knew Mewtwo could be played that well, thanks for showing me that. I will go watch his matches on youtube right now :). Also, imagine that we could somehow make him fully playable on brawl and making his teleport not go into special fall...that would be too sexy *imagines 3 shadowclaws and drools*
lol you just found out about Taj's mewtwo? His mewtwo is old but still awesome. Look up Taj mewtwo vs Silent Spectre falcon. I loved that match. Mewtwo does go in fall state after teleport (upB or airdodge). Taj just used it well so you don't see it.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
So Hopefully someone will answer this question...eventually
How is D3 looking change wise now that he works, will he be able to CG FFers, or anyone at all?

100th post Im'a Boss!

shanus

Smash Hero
That's false. Bowser can jump out of d-throw knee because he's a fatass and CF's d-throw speed/lag is affected by weight and makes CF lag more. U-throw speed is not affected by weight, which is why d-throw sucks on fatties and u-throw is better. D-throwing (or any throw in the game) him in Melee at say 50% will stun Bowser for the same amount of time as it would stun Pichu and every other character in the game at 50%.

Speaking of throws, it'd be nice if it were possible to make throw KB ignore weight again. It's why CF was so chaingrabbable in Brawl+ since he's both heavy and a FFer so he goes almost nowhere.
It might be possible to ignore gravity during the thrown portion of the animation. Do you think that might work?

Magus420

Smash Master
Well, it's the weight that causes the difference in raw launch power through division/multiplication so unless that's also affected it probably wouldn't. I was thinking more like somehow maybe replacing the weight part in the throw KB formula with 100 or changing your weight to 100 at the time it's calculated.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Interesting stuff, Magus, even if I already knew about the difference between gravity and weight. I learn more and more about B+ and Melee every day.

D

Deleted member

Charizard's glide needs to be able to be tilted up and down at a much steeper angle, and it should come out as fast as MK's.

I heard about B+ discussing giving Zard a 4th jump once. Is this likely and feasible for P:M? It'd help his offstage game, somewhat inflexible recovery, and complement his juggles.

Down-b should be Seismic Toss if a down-b idea were to be implemented

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Charizard's glide needs to be able to be tilted up and down at a much steeper angle, and it should come out as fast as MK's.

I heard about B+ discussing giving Zard a 4th jump once. Is this likely and feasible for P:M? It'd help his offstage game, somewhat inflexible recovery, and complement his juggles.

Down-b should be Seismic Toss if a down-b idea were to be implemented
This
I imagine it would look like kirby/mk's uthrow.
Airgrab
add aura, and make it do 1/2 of Charizard's current damage?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm glad I could introduce you to the crazyness that is Taj's Mewtwo! I'm still shocked that they took him out of Brawl... seriously.. wtf.

:D

Makes you wanna go play Mewtwo in Melee, huh?

D

Deleted member

This
I imagine it would look like kirby/mk's uthrow.
Airgrab
add aura, and make it do 1/2 of Charizard's current damage?
Idk. All I know is that it'd be so ****ing bad***.
I was thinking it grabs in front and above Charizard to play with his juggles (Works in the air and on ground). Then, once grabbed, you have throw options similar to what Bowser in P:M may expect.

Down throw would be Seismic Toss where Charizard does a loop then hurdles into the stage embedding the opponent into the ground like DK's side-b.
Uthrow would be similar to MK/Kirby except with KO power.
Fthrow is an angled dive bomb at 45 degrees to follow up combo or suicide bomb offstage for stock cancels.
Bthrow *shrug*

D

Deleted member

I really doubt it's the forth installment of the Super Smash Bros. series. Neverthless, I'm still looking into it. Could this be the long-awaited Kirby game we've all been waiting for?

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Idk. All I know is that it'd be so ****ing bad***.
I was thinking it grabs in front and above Charizard to play with his juggles (Works in the air and on ground). Then, once grabbed, you have throw options similar to what Bowser in P:M may expect.

Down throw would be Seismic Toss where Charizard does a loop then hurdles into the stage embedding the opponent into the ground like DK's side-b.
Uthrow would be similar to MK/Kirby except with KO power.
Fthrow is an angled dive bomb at 45 degrees to follow up combo or suicide bomb offstage for stock cancels.
Bthrow *shrug*
Lol so much better than what I was thinking...
Maybe Bthrow does the more damage than the other three
Perhaps 1/2 is OP maybe something like 1/3, 1/4 For bthrow?
Or set Damage 15~27

Edit: Charizard W/ Pika's Bthrow animation would be sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom