• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Wavebouncing Link is glorious. Just saying.

Out of curiosity, is Kongo Jungle 64 on the list of possible stages for the game? I know KTH released a version, but it's got some glaring problems so I was wondering if you guys were going to wait for a more polished build or just try to improve that one.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Ahh yeah its pretty irritating, keeps you guessing. But as it turns out its not fine yet, the first match I played was spot on, WD working etc; yknow all the melee status stuff, but then I started having the same issues. Guess I'm gonna have to do those other things you mentioned. Gahh. No peace yet... but soon. Very soon. Hopefully I can get it working before my GF gets home and starts with the complaining :bee: Any clue as to why this would work for only one match? Now that I think about it thats one of the ongoing things also.
Well for me It just kept locking itself In Game because it was so loose, I just had to check every once in a while and unlock it

octolink

Smash Rookie
Oh my god, I can't begin to comprehend how many awesome ways Lucas's charged Bnuetral could be worked into things. I LOVE the knockback with no damage when charged. Imagine on teams, doing that while your partner is WD...they'd go so freakin' far and could totally just pop up beside someone and combo them to hell and back.

octolink

Smash Rookie
Well for me It just kept locking itself In Game because it was so loose, I just had to check every once in a while and unlock it
I think I'm just going to NOT leave the versus screen at all until I'm done playing, haha. Until I get sick of of the bull-isht and decide to defragment and all that.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wavebouncing Link is glorious. Just saying.

Out of curiosity, is Kongo Jungle 64 on the list of possible stages for the game? I know KTH released a version, but it's got some glaring problems so I was wondering if you guys were going to wait for a more polished build or just try to improve that one.
This could've changed recently (like anything else in this freaking thread), but to my knowledge KJ64 is indeed planned for Project M.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Originally Posted by UltiMario
@octolink: Sounds like the .pacs aren't loading, and since you're using the hackless method, I would assume this means you have a 4+ GB SD card, making it unusable for the method.

Never got a reply for this, but I suppose it doesn't necessarily need one. Like I said in my previous posting, I assume I just have to re-download everything? I just was kinda wondering why something like the things I mentioned would've ended up happening. Mostly because I'm the only one having the issues, which is good.... but it makes me assume that I did something to make it screwy. just really not sure how.
try to defragment your SD card. if that fails, reformat it and reinstall PM. if that fails, you need a new SD card.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
This post might get swallowed up in the thread, but here goes anyway.

I want to record the metagame of Project M in great detail from the beginning. The demo has recently been released, and I want to make sure I'm collecting tons of data for at least a year.

I'm a long time Smash veteran. I always wanted someone to record the history of the game for Melee or Brawl. Since those opportunities have passed, I want to make sure it's done right for Project M.

Here's a link to my blog and a 4 part series talking about metagame analysis, record keeping, and notation.

http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/blog/2011/1/28/metagame-meditations-pt1.html

I consider this a service to the community, and I hope everyone can support my efforts.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol it seems like people are never gonna stop wondering why <fill in the blank> doesn't work or why certain things feel off/different

OK go to training mode, Choose Link, set the game to 1/4 speed, do a Neutral Air

.......that's why

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm a long time Smash veteran. I always wanted someone to record the history of the game for Melee or Brawl. Since those opportunities have passed, I want to make sure it's done right for Project M.
Here's a link to my blog and a 4 part series talking about metagame analysis, record keeping, and notation.
http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/blog/2011/1/28/metagame-meditations-pt1.html
I consider this a service to the community, and I hope everyone can support my efforts.
Looking forward to it. Can you tell us when you've posted an entry?

Also I read your initial Brawl write-ups - did you ever go back and do more commentary on them? You made quite a few bold claims, and I'm curious to see how many of them held up since 2008. ;)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
DangerLance is having a stream if you want to listen in: I'm posting it for him because he'd love more viewers ;) : justin.tv/tryhardtroupe

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer

Also I read your initial Brawl write-ups - did you ever go back and do more commentary on them? You made quite a few bold claims, and I'm curious to see how many of them held up since 2008. ;)
I'm designing a system when all Project M players and spectators can easily and simply contribute to the records (twitter, surveys, email, etc). I will have that all set up before Pound 5 starts this weekend. I will update smashboards in several places areas when I make posts.

Yeah. Those were bold claims. I don't do many posts on pure opinions/impressions, but Brawl was an exception. I did go back and analyze both Brawl and Melee quite a lot.

This series looks at Brawl playstyles.
http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/blog/2010/3/4/brawl-playstyles-skills-pt1.html

This series talks about Brawl and Melee. It's mostly done in video segments. I tried to set the stage and explain just how complex comparing the two games actually is. The whole project had a mixed (but mostly hostile) reception. You can judge for yourself.
http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/blog/2010/7/16/good-game-episode-1.html

I'm always getting new, clearer ways to explain game design. I'm learning from all my attempts.

Thanks for asking.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

lol, i think he wants a little more help than 'good luck'

kirbykid, if you want the history of project m, you'll probably have to go back to the brawl+ or even pre-brawl+ days to get the full picture
heck, i wouldnt be surprised if you had to go through wii hacking in general to get an adequate intro to the topic

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol, i think he wants a little more help than 'good luck'

kirbykid, if you want the history of project m, you'll probably have to go back to the brawl+ or even pre-brawl+ days to get the full picture
heck, i wouldnt be surprised if you had to go through wii hacking in general to get an adequate intro to the topic
I'm most interested in the history in terms of the metagame. The Wii hacking development is nice background information. But I want to stick strictly to recording the trends, strategies, and tournament results of a single game. So I figured picking Project M would be the perfect opportunity right now.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What MK26 said. The best COA IMO would be to go to Pound V and make sure all matches are recorded(not hard really) and possibly interview the top 8 post tournament bracket.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
What MK26 said. The best COA IMO would be to go to Pound V and make sure all matches are recorded(not hard really) and possibly interview the top 8 post tournament bracket.
ah

so i guess you'd start with the first big tourney, which would be the side event at Pound 5
not like tehre's much of a metagame at this point...
Indeed. I messaged jceaser who I think is one of the guys in charge of pound 5. I won't be there for the event, but maybe... with the power of the internet!!!.... I can watch matches, interview players, and do what I need to do.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that falcon's rolls and techrolls are immensely slower... was this a brawl change or a project m change? It doesn't seem to fit since he's already so comboable and has a reputation for being so fast.

Kati

Smash Lord
Falcon is fast movement wise, but he has to be slow in some respects. His roll was never amazing.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I should go down in history for having won Socal's PM tourney with a broken and very underdeveloped character a few months ago. This is what people will remember me for in fifty years.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You were watching something that's over six months old. In no way does that represent Project M now.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Since you guys were so forthcoming and awesome about my Kirby questions, I now have my other friends asking for any sort of brief updates you can give on their respective mains. Any word on changes for Ness and DK? (biggest request for DK seems to be "Give him a down B in the air, at least" :p)

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
so, falcon's roll / techroll speed have been increased since then? its fine if you don't remember, i'll find a more updated video

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I have the hackless version of the demo, and I noticed that the Team versions for Sonic didn't load. How do I fix this?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
anyone know when zelda's page will be added to smashmods? i am a bit xonfused about how u can use her side B and move fast like magus was in a vid i saw. also i whats up with her up-B being cancel-able? my sd card broke so i cant figure it out for myself so her page being done would be very helpfull

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
falco's laser is too hard to get like it is in melee. its usually too high. has this been addressed?

also, falco needs a little for aerial control from a dash jump. it seems it doesn't go far enough. either that or his nair hitbox is a little too small

Rikana

Smash Champion
You can definitely get Falco's lasers low, but it won't go as low as it did in Melee. Your answer? Landing detection.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Since you guys were so forthcoming and awesome about my Kirby questions, I now have my other friends asking for any sort of brief updates you can give on their respective mains. Any word on changes for Ness and DK? (biggest request for DK seems to be "Give him a down B in the air, at least" :p)
lol imo if dk should get a down b in the air I think it should be something useful like maybe throwing a barrel. Idk it just seems like the most obvious choice. I always did find it funny that DK in melee and in Brawl never hand anything for down air B move yet he had a down B (ground) move. idk about you guys but I would strongly be in favor of him getting a barrel to throw at his opononents lol. I know one already exists but would be funny to use as long as its somewhat balanced (iconic dk ftw).

Idk about Ness the only things I think that could benefit him would be possibly maybe his PKT from 64/melee well the distance at least. Other than that I really dunno.

As much as I would like to see those ideas I believe the devs have stuff already planned for them. Probably want to adjust stuff accordingly before doing any other work. But then again as the Iconic thing I stated above maybe shouldn't be put in due to you don't really want to turn away from the target audiance. I trust the devs to do what they do best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom