• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
we use a bunch of item variables.... i wouldn't be too keen on using curry as an example

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Umm.

Timers don't mess up.

They're 125% more awesome in Project: M.

Also, the only Final Smash in the demo that doesn't work properly is Lucas'. I was testing it, and from my testing I can say for certain it only creates the starstorm whenever it feels like it. 3 times out of 50 or so.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how do I actually *use* the vertex hacks and optional color packs? I downloaded them with the installer. I use Riivolution to load PM and everything is selected to on.

Ulevo

Smash Master
btw, my game ALWAYS freezes at the button configeration screen (want to make R = jump, for lucas zap jumping)
Yo.

This is either because you were goofing around with the file that's responsible for changing music titles (I don't remember the file name, info.pac or mu_menumain.pac, I'd have to check) or that file is corrupted. Switch it back or replace it and you shouldn't have any issues.

EDIT: So um, yeah. Anyone want to play on WiFi?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
No, I actually really like the "footstool button."

I can't find any good videos so I'll try to give an example.

If you successfully footstool Link out of his upB you would assume you would go up and Link would go down, but that's not how it works. Link's upB is protected from footstools, like many other moves, so you can go up, but Link just keeps going like nothing happened.

I think it would add to the competitive depth if no move had this protection.

Edit: Here we go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7fxkIHb5g
Shiek get's a footstool, but nothing happens to snake.
I never got a response to this

except A2ZOMG's rant X/

also what "stages" of pictochat were changed?
no bullets? no fire? no....?

Starscream

Smash Ace
we use a bunch of item variables.... i wouldn't be too keen on using curry as an example
Are there currently any plans to make all items and final smashes usable in the full game? It's not a necessity of course since most of us don't play with them on but it would contribute to a more complete and professional package (more so than it already is).

Revven

FrankerZ
I never got a response to this

except A2ZOMG's rant X/

also what "stages" of pictochat were changed?
no bullets? no fire? no....?
To answer you, no we won't change that as that would make footstooling even better on more characters when it's already good as is.

As for Pictochat, it's basically whatever Pictoplus is.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Are there currently any plans to make all items and final smashes usable in the full game? It's not a necessity of course since most of us don't play with them on but it would contribute to a more complete and professional package (more so than it already is).
If we are using variables from items that are necessary to make some codes work, how are we supposed to make the code work without editing items? It isn't possible to revert items back to normal and keep the codes functioning as is, as far I know.

Starscream

Smash Ace
If we are using variables from items that are necessary to make some codes work, how are we supposed to make the code work without editing items? It isn't possible to revert items back to normal and keep the codes functioning as is, as far I know.
Well that would be exactly why I asked, I'm not a dev, I don't know these things. Besides, breakthroughs have happened before. Remember when we all thought 256 lines of code was the limit?

And if you guys can't get them working then is there a way to lock them out of the game? Like a code that makes them not spawn in Single Player modes, and not appear on the Item Select Screen? Perhaps give Lucas a new working Final Smash?

Of course if these things can't happen then it would be of little consequence to me, and most followers of the project. But I still think it would go a long way in the presentation department, so it looks more like a full functioning game without any glitches. Competitive play and all that jazz is the priority, and I'm not saying this needs to get done now. I was just curious if it's a possibility for the final game.

Konner

Smash Cadet
I decided to bring Project M over for some friendlies last Friday.

It went really well (or so I thought). I popped it in and everyone was extremely impressed with the amount of custom material and changes (main menu was like an epiphany to them or something).

I let them play for a little bit to get a feel considering most of them think that Brawl is amazing and that I had already adjusted to Project M over normal Brawl. Everything was good until I told them that L-cancelling and Wavedashing was back, along with the reintroduction of good old Melee techniques and ****.

I guess that's were I ruined it, because just about everyone said that made the game too easy. I was flabbergasted, to say the least, that having even MORE technical options made the game easier. I don't even understand the logic behind that. Overall, they did enjoy it until the Melee stuff made a comeback, particularly combos. Oh god, the saltiness over combos. ****in' max sodium intake per day to the power of [n] for that. I pulled off a janky Ken combo and one of my friends seriously chucked the controller.

I still think it's awesome. Keep doing what you're doing, development team. <3

Konner

Smash Cadet
Melee is indeed easier.

To have fun with.
I tried playing it for the first time in almost three years and it definitely isn't a pick up and play game like Brawl. I forgot you can't grab ledges backwards, the insane amount of hitstun, the priceless sound effects, and how much faster it is. I feel so spoiled because of Brawl.

It wasn't as fun as I remember. :(

But it's fun now, although I like Project M better because it's like the best of Melee and Brawl combined.

kaizo13

Smash Champion

Konner

Smash Cadet
ok

ok

ok

....wait, what?

10Lawls
I'll bring it over again and ask how it makes the game "easier". Any guesses as to how that's possible?

Hitstun might not be what I'm looking for. I'm not 100% sure. You can get hit by a Marth Fsmash at 80% in Melee and you will apparently go much farther before you can do anything. In Brawl, you can escape that almost instantly.

I don't know how else to put it.

jalued

Smash Lord
I'll bring it over again and ask how it makes the game "easier". Any guesses as to how that's possible?

Hitstun might not be what I'm looking for. I'm not 100% sure. You can get hit by a Marth Fsmash at 80% in Melee and you will apparently go much farther before you can do anything. In Brawl, you can escape that almost instantly.

I don't know how else to put it.
the going further is just the DI problem, that is being fixed.

maybe they meant that it made it easier for you, since u can wavedash and L cancel... so u beat them easier

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No, it's that Brawl's hitstun can be canceled while Melee's can't, that's the only difference.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Oh god, the saltiness over combos. ****in' max sodium intake per day to the power of [n] for that. I pulled off a janky Ken combo and one of my friends seriously chucked the controller.
It almost seems like my friends and I are unique in the mannor that we cheer on, and congratulate, big combos, even when we're the one being demolished.

octolink

Smash Rookie
Originally Posted by UltiMario
@octolink: Sounds like the .pacs aren't loading, and since you're using the hackless method, I would assume this means you have a 4+ GB SD card, making it unusable for the method.

I figured it was a lack of certain files loading. And my memory card is a 1GB. It was working completely fine the first couple of times I started it up and played. Oh, and in my previous comment I forgot to add how much I appreciate all the work you guys are putting into this. Seriously. PM kicks so much *** even in it's demo build :reverse:
Never got a reply for this, but I suppose it doesn't necessarily need one. Like I said in my previous posting, I assume I just have to re-download everything? I just was kinda wondering why something like the things I mentioned would've ended up happening. Mostly because I'm the only one having the issues, which is good.... but it makes me assume that I did something to make it screwy. just really not sure how.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
If I remember correctly my old sd card was acting up and it was either because the *lock* thing on the side was loose and would often lock and unlock during gameplay, keeping some files from being used.
Or that might have been a different sd card.. i've had many
But try backing up your sd card on your computer and formatting it (which will delete everything)
then load everything back on and see if that helps.
Also it wouldnt hurt to try to defragment it (which sounds bad but its healthy to do and wont make you lose any data.)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Fighting games are only as hard as your adversaries... In terms of mastery, P:M is much deeper than Brawl.

For the Brawl Minus comment. Project M's system is infinitely less floaty, characters have been modified with better movesets, balance has been improved.

Minus is floaty, characters have been modified with broken, idiotic moves, and balance has been greatly upset.

Now this is a P:M thread. If you don't want to talk about P:M, your post contributes absolutely nothing and you are trolling like a 12 year old with a strong sense of inadequacy. :)

This is a demo, things will obviously be changed in the future.

P.S.: You may disagree about my dislike for Minus, this is not the place to discuss that. You are entitled to liking it, but they are obviously not very similar.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Vigilante

They were just laughing about how timers don't work properly in P:M. They cause a lot of funky things to happen, stuff that is about as radical as brawl- changes

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
@Vigilante

They were just laughing about how timers don't work properly in P:M. They cause a lot of funky things to happen, stuff that is about as radical as brawl- changes
Personaly when I play with items I turn times on just for the way they act. Makes things alot more fun than with normal timers. IMO

octolink

Smash Rookie
Praise Palutena! It was the first thing you mentioned Mch2... As it turns out my little slider lock thing is kind of finicky. I actually tried messing with it before but I guess it just somehow went down to lock again randomly. So glad that it was that simple of a fix... Thanks again. Now rather than just wasting my open day I can waste it with PM :cool:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I've never seen anyone call Melee easier than Brawl... They always call it harder for the exact reasons that you mentioned.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Praise Palutena! It was the first thing you mentioned Mch2... As it turns out my little slider lock thing is kind of finicky. I actually tried messing with it before but I guess it just somehow went down to lock again randomly. So glad that it was that simple of a fix... Thanks again. Now rather than just wasting my open day I can waste it with PM :cool:
Eventually I think it bothered me enough to where I bought a new SD card. Either that or it broke.
Ever since then i've been afraid of locking my sd card, It came loose the very first time I locked it too :\

octolink

Smash Rookie
I figured it was a lack of certain files loading. And my memory card is a 1GB. It was working completely fine the first couple of times I started it up and played. Oh, and in my previous comment I forgot to add how much I appreciate all the work you guys are putting into this. Seriously. PM kicks so much *** even in it's demo build :reverse:
Eventually I think it bothered me enough to where I bought a new SD card. Either that or it broke.
Ever since then i've been afraid of locking my sd card, It came loose the very first time I locked it too :\
Ahh yeah its pretty irritating, keeps you guessing. But as it turns out its not fine yet, the first match I played was spot on, WD working etc; yknow all the melee status stuff, but then I started having the same issues. Guess I'm gonna have to do those other things you mentioned. Gahh. No peace yet... but soon. Very soon. Hopefully I can get it working before my GF gets home and starts with the complaining :bee: Any clue as to why this would work for only one match? Now that I think about it thats one of the ongoing things also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom