• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Since you guys were so forthcoming and awesome about my Kirby questions, I now have my other friends asking for any sort of brief updates you can give on their respective mains. Any word on changes for Ness and DK? (biggest request for DK seems to be "Give him a down B in the air, at least" :p)
Can't really comment much on him because there are no real public videos available and we're still doing some work on him.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wow, lolllll @ what's happening ITT. Man, we need a mod up in here to get rid of these spambot posts. LOL

Anyhow, let's try and have NORMAL Project M posts and don't mind the spambots. What do you guys think is sheik's hardest MU in the demo?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
And if you guys can't get them working then is there a way to lock them out of the game? Like a code that makes them not spawn in Single Player modes, and not appear on the Item Select Screen? Perhaps give Lucas a new working Final Smash?
I agree with this. It's important that there are no glitches for the final release.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Last one:

Jokes aside, I was wondering if there is a stream planned this weekend, or DK videos with his new roll.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i really don't see project melee reviving the tourney scene of brawl i think the gap between melee and project melee was too great and is going to be a dead series atleast in the tourney sense Nintendo has already stated that they would not spend time balancing characters so i really don't see the smash scene staying alive
>gap between melee and project m was
You said was, not is. Was is past tense, the game has only been out for like a week lol
>nintendo has already stated that they would not spend time balancing characters
you have no proof on this

:V

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
yes there has been interviews with nintendo about a possibility of a new smash bro and they said they would not aim at the hardcore audience, but the mainstream which in theory means less balance.

Melee came out like 10 years ago. Project M came out a week ago. Between Melee and Project M is has been 10 years since a tourney style smash has been released. What don't you understand?
Give me a link to the article in which they state that about the next smash and not wanting to balance that game.

Brawl is technically a tournament game of smash. So, it hasn't been 10 years since a tournament style smash has been released. What don't you understand?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
LOL WTF is going on here.

Edit: SpeakersGoinSlammer is actually right about that thing; there was an article where they said that a future Smash game wouldn't be any more like Melee. I'll see if I can go find it.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
@Vig: I wish my house was as cool as yours.

@Monk: Has Sheik ever had any supremely terrible matchups, even back in the Melee days? I'd suspect Marth and G&W now, just on basis of their powerful, disjointed hitboxes. Maybe even Sonic due to how many options he seems to get, movement-wise.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@Vig: I wish my house was as cool as yours.

@Monk: Has Sheik ever had any supremely terrible matchups, even back in the Melee days? I'd suspect Marth and G&W now, just on basis of their powerful, disjointed hitboxes. Maybe even Sonic due to how many options he seems to get, movement-wise.
I would say that Sheik has hard time against GnW and Marth but has a very easy time against ganon and snake.

Lucas seems to have a hard time against snake.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of Sheik, her AI makes me lol. One minute she's comboing you to no end, and the next she's running off the edge throwing her chain.

Sorry for double posting, but I also forgot to mention that it seems to me that Zelda might be nearly as good as Sheik, which makes me happy.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Smash is a dead tourney scene no major tournaments accept it and it has one of the most unbalanced tier lists next to MvC2 all in all its just a bad tourney game that really isn't worth revisiting
Then don't play it if you don't want to. Hundreds of others continue to play it so you not playing it isn't a large drop in the bucket.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You guys totally stole that DKC roll out of dBrawl. Probably out of my lack of release, or my lack of demo videos.

Seriously though, why did Sakurai go out of his way to make a new dash attack for DK, when he already had a cannon one? Come to think of it, his only cannon moves are Ground Slap and... That's it. An argument could be made for Giant Punch coming from Banana Slamma from the TV show, except I'm pretty sure that came after Smash 64.

/offtopic

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm just saying that a project like this is kind of pointless from a tourney viewpoint. It's cool, but in the long run it won't take off like melee did. Maybe right after brawl came out and everyone realized that it wasn't a good tourney game maybe project melee might be worthwhile, but it just seems to little to late.
Someone seems to be ignoring the large Melee and Brawl scenes that still exist.

DKC roll has been in our SVN since early December.
Only? I'd have thought you would have had it in sooner.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Smash is a dead tourney scene no major tournaments accept it and it has one of the most unbalanced tier lists next to MvC2 all in all its just a bad tourney game that really isn't worth revisiting
Uh, smash has always been a grassroots tournament game that has been created and generally funded by the same people in the community and overall has still been going strong for around or more than a decade.

Opinions on smash as a fighter has never really been strong from other fighting game scenes, but it's really not as if that matters. Is it dead on the mainstream? Sure, I can possibly give you that... but it was never a mainstream fighter. The tournament community is still as strong as ever, even if it's still considered a "niche" game.

Balance is... questionable. I don't believe for a second that the game is balanced, but players in every game have done well consistently and are threats with low-mids and above.

Shoot, the best character in Melee hasn't even won a national in years.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I don't think anyone did, lol. I should have though! Anyways, back on topic. I'm thinking a snake or lucas will make it into the top 10 at Pound 5. :awesome:

jalued

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone did, lol. I should have though! Anyways, back on topic. I'm thinking a snake or lucas will make it into the top 10 at Pound 5. :awesome:
the demo does seem to be very balanced so far, its impossible to even start thinking about a tier list, because everyone is so close (though i feel that link may be in the lower quartile)

thats the problem about balanced games, its hellish trying to create a tier list :p

D

Deleted member

You guys totally stole that DKC roll out of dBrawl. Probably out of my lack of release, or my lack of demo videos
The DKC roll was suggested by people frequenting this thread ages before dBrawl was even announced.

Since its canon to the DKC series, its also an extremely obvious candidate to replace his ****ty dash attack.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
I imagine a Space Animal, maybe Marth will win P5. Only because people already know how to be great with them. That being said, I really hope I'm wrong.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hm. What characters top at Pound V is largely dependent on who enters. So it's all hard to say. There are some very good characters in the roster, but it won't matter if a competent player doesn't use them.

I'd say if Mango joins and goes Puff or Falco, either of them will top. M2K possibly joining with a Sheik or Marth is a likely possibility too. Characters like Snake or Lucas could do great, but they're too underdeveloped meta wise.

It also depends on how large the pool of players will be.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
so i played the demo and i have a few things to say

Some throws seem to be overpowered in their current state for example jiggs bthrow = BROKENNNNNNNNNN gimped fox with out even bairing him at like 50

Marth feels VERY nice as good if not better than melee great work
Ganondorf feels a bit off but hes fun to play
Falcon feels close to unchanged from the last beta and at the last beta i LOVED falcon another props to you guys his throws feel a little better in terms of comboability and his knee feels stronger
I would give Sheik her PAL dthrow instead of her NTSC dthrow

Though i want pikachu back his bair was sex :(

cant wait for the full version to come out

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

Some throws seem to be overpowered in their current state for example jiggs bthrow = BROKENNNNNNNNNN gimped fox with out even bairing him at like 50

Falcon feels close to unchanged from the last beta and at the last beta i LOVED falcon another props to you guys his throws feel a little better in terms of comboability and his knee feels stronger

Jigglypuff back throw and all other hitboxes are melee hitboxes. This includes KB.

ValTroX

Smash Ace

I would give Sheik her PAL dthrow instead of her NTSC dthrow

cant wait for the full version to come out
Oh the last beta, wait what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom