• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
wow i've been gone while. Playing to much fancy:m. What's this i hear about a patch?

Revven

FrankerZ
falcos fair glitches me ;-) haha go a little further than halfway in... is this a thing to be patched? i really couldnt dupe the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP1NPX0wXxs

off topic. the fire is 720 480, but its 4:3. wtf. any capture program suggestions?
That's a glitch with the vertex, not our Mario. As we said before, any glitches or bugs you encounter with textures/vertexes not included in Project M are none of our concern. Report them to the individual who made it.

jalued

Smash Lord
I would give Sheik her PAL dthrow instead of her NTSC dthrow
i completely agree, after playing sheik vs ganon...

its just not fun chaingrabbing with her dthrow, for either player. At least sheiks PAL dthrow is slightly escapable. In NTSC melee, it was so good that it would define an entire matchup, especially vs low tiers (sheik- the low tier killer). Why would anyone want that to return?

The PAL dthrow is better for her metagame as it forces the player to use different strategies, and properly predict an opponents movement. The best sheik player in the world is european, which must show something

jalued

Smash Lord
It's not NTSC dthrow exactly. It has more KBG, meaning all CGs with it end sooner.
Yes, but you can still CG at low percentages, and it just means at higher % you just dthrow to fair/bair/uair...

There isnt any variety, the high KBG doesnt change much at all.

Tech chasing >> chaingrabs/ guarenteed followups

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So having guaranteed followups is bad?
Like uthrow knee? Or uthrow uair? or uthrow bair with fox? or dthrow fair/uair/bair with ganon? Or uthrow utilt with Marth? Or uthrow uair with DK?

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
B+ Sheik dthrow had a pretty good guaranteed followup game but wasn't CG'ing anyone all over the place. Different thing.

jalued

Smash Lord
So having guaranteed followups is bad?
Like uthrow knee? Or uthrow uair? or uthrow bair with fox? or dthrow fair/uair/bair with ganon? Or uthrow utilt with Marth? Or uthrow uair with DK?
True, but sheik doesnt need a guarenteed follow up, PAL sheik proved that. NTSC dthrow limits the metagame of sheik, as players become too reliant on it.

All your exampes are character specific, but sheik's works on EVERY character, which makes her feel stale (imo)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
All those example work on every character...except maybe puff, but puff can get out of everything, so thats not a good example.

Though i wouldn't mind shieks dthrow not chain grabbing so well early on, its not as bad as it used to be. Also, part of the problem is non-tumble di for that. Once that gets fixed, i doubt dthrow will be as good as it is now.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
so, has falco's down air knockback been increased? I know you all say that all values, even KB, have been directly ported from melee, but all who I play with have noticed it themselves and brought it up without anyone telling them beforehand.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's. The. Same. As Melee.

Do you guys want screenshots? Videos of comparisons in order to believe us (do you not believe Magus420?)

I mean, if we weren't sure if it was correct do you think we'd be touting it being the same as Melee?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
leave sheiks d-throw as it is,..... with a little KBG boost and Brawl's DI..........i don't see it being too hard to escape, and if it is....

deal wit it........do not nerf Melee tops.

i guarantee you that her d-throw alone won't get her through all the new competition

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
sorry, just curious and inexperienced... I know it must suck to deal with questioning ppl like me all day. also, i'm sure you guys already know, but just in case, there's a wierd hurtbox on fourside. It's directly to the right of the central, tallest tower, and its only hittable when the ufo is out.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Someone tested it today, Project M definitely does not work on Micro SD cards. Just for general interest.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Project M is bound to show up at every major tournament, including Genesis 2. I want to say that the devs were making some additions to P:M before then for some reason.

Starscream

Smash Ace
It's. The. Same. As Melee.

Do you guys want screenshots? Videos of comparisons in order to believe us (do you not believe Magus420?)

I mean, if we weren't sure if it was correct do you think we'd be touting it being the same as Melee?
You know that would actually be really awesome. Anytime one of my friends think something is slightly off it would be nice to just show them a video and shut them up. Plus not everyone knows who Magus is (inorite?).

Someone tested it today, Project M definitely does not work on Micro SD cards. Just for general interest.
Yes it does. I have to 2GB Micro SDs that I use with P:M. Make sure the SD adapter isn't set to "Lock" when you put it in the Wii.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Possible. I'm not the one who tested it. Guy said it worked for a bit then stopped. He may have accidentally locked it.

M!nt

Smash Champion
yeah it'll work, its basically just a smaller sd card with not much differences.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Alright, so I finished two of my custom animated menus for Project M for any of you who are interested. Download includes some custom textures, stages and music as well, so be sure to check it out.

Here's the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i2ItD2ePvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQKbWtNS6iU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsSOvO4MqkA

And some screen shots for you lazy people:

I'll be releasing two more menus that have my own personal icon layout. I'll have those out when I can. My brain is fried.

* Sleeps *

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
I'm with starscream. although i think you were being sarcastic, if you guys could create dual videos of falco's down air, it'd be greatly appreciated. His downair is the one thing I can't shake skepticism on.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
will there be a list that includes all the upcoming updates?.....especially since there is like.......1 more day before pound 5

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You need to end the din's fire in the air in order to air dodge after setting the trap. You cannot jump cancel din's fire to air dodge after, that means, only wavelanding.
Actually, you can jump cancel the endlag of grounded din's.

So you can really do

grounded din's-jump->air din's->waveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom