• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966

jalued

Smash Lord

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How much movement does it allow for? Its near useless unless its mobility makes up for the foods NOT shot, because if its not mobile enough then you can always just stand still and do it much faster for better overall results.
dashing sh dbacon, dash dance shdbacon, standing shdbacon hold back.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes when I wiggle the stick backwards on landing, the character slides backwards kinda like a wavedash. Is that an effect of the moonwalk codes?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
BTW.
Guy who posted about adding costume slots.
DEFINETLY POSSIBLE!

The problem is actually making a way to select them.
I think I can do it though. The only problem is what to do if the file is missing.
wouldn't there be something in maybe Wario's files? I mean I know he's the only character in smash to have 2 different sets of outfits. Idk how it would work though because won't the game crash if the file size of the Common5 is bigger than attended?

I have faith Dant can figure it out though if there is a way.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i think making wavedashing a click of the L/ R should take priority over most things. it really messes with the brain and hands when going between melee and M

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think making wavedashing a click of the L/ R should take priority over most things. it really messes with the brain and hands when going between melee and M
hold down your wavedashing trigger when you're plugging in your controller.

we can't differentiate between a light button press and a full button press at the moment. sorry!

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Footstools are so awesome, but in Brawl there were dozens of situations where the offensive person would jump, but the victim would be in some kind of animation where they were immune to tumbling.

Would removing this be something the P:M team would consider?
I could see it becoming a much more effective combo tool.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
hold down your wavedashing trigger when you're plugging in your controller.

we can't differentiate between a light button press and a full button press at the moment. sorry!
Why, it makes it easer btw that brings a question to mind.

When I use the wave dashing code on my custom code sheet it is really hard to preform a wave dash compared to how easy it is in project m. What did you guys do differently?

Revven

FrankerZ
Footstools are so awesome, but in Brawl there were dozens of situations where the offensive person would jump, but the victim would be in some kind of animation where they were immune to tumbling.

Would removing this be something the P:M team would consider?
I could see it becoming a much more effective combo tool.
You're talking about the whole "omg he bounced on my head while I'm grounded" thing then yeah that hasn't changed nor do I see a reason why it should be changed because you actually have to take the time to practice that stuff on another button. It's not on the same button anymore so it's not as easy to do those combos or anything.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Not quite right.
Not from an anime.

First, its called "おちゃめ機能", (Ochame Kinou) by ラマーズP/ゴジマジP (Rama-zuP or GojimajiP)
Ochame Kinou 

"f ukkerita" is also not spelt quite right. It is "吹っ切れた" (fu.kkireta) =( censor
fu.kkireta is actually a separate thing also created by the same person of a THING dancing to the same tune. fu.kkireta then caused Ochame Kinou to suddenly become ridiculously popular because of how memetic it was.

fu.kkireta

Furthermore, the character in the video, Kasane Teto, is an UTAUloid. For those who know what Vocaloid is, UTAUloid is basically a fan version of that.

Oh also, the video you linked is a cover done by Lon, a pretty famous Nico singer.

Note : All links are Nico links because I can't find an original version of the song on youtube. Theres just way too many renditions, fan covers, PVs, you name it. If you (anyone in general) really want to find out more about this stuff PM me, or search it yourself.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
You're talking about the whole "omg he bounced on my head while I'm grounded" thing then yeah that hasn't changed nor do I see a reason why it should be changed because you actually have to take the time to practice that stuff on another button. It's not on the same button anymore so it's not as easy to do those combos or anything.
No, I actually really like the "footstool button."

I can't find any good videos so I'll try to give an example.

If you successfully footstool Link out of his upB you would assume you would go up and Link would go down, but that's not how it works. Link's upB is protected from footstools, like many other moves, so you can go up, but Link just keeps going like nothing happened.

I think it would add to the competitive depth if no move had this protection.

Edit: Here we go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7fxkIHb5g
Shiek get's a footstool, but nothing happens to snake.

Ulevo

Smash Master
So, any chance that we might get hooked up with a Project M subforum for characters in the future?

There's a lot of neat stuff I'd love to talk about thats character specific, but I can't take it to the Brawl or Melee forums because it'll be considered off topic and likely not paid attention to, unfortunately. Smashmods is an option, but not the ideal one. Most smashers call this site home, and hardly anyone is on there.

Considering how big Project M is becoming, I'd say it is reasonable.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
all right, here's the question thats REALLY on all of our minds...
samus's superwavedash... is it in or out of project M?
following up on that, what about other beneficial glitches that aren't gamebreaking, like pikachu's up b super wavedash or ness's yo-yo glitch? are they impossible to add, not going to be added on principle, or what?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah i mean the only reason people played ness was for yoyo glitch but that was because he sucked. in pm he won't suck so there will be plenty reason to use him.
pika's upb was due to his upb colliding with a projectile (common ones are the Rang's) causing some messed up ****. prolly not possible and not really important to his game.

samus' superwavedash is already in.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
i'm not sure if we're referring to the same thing, but to clarify i'm talking about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBoRxHnE2xw

it's something about if pikachu's up-b is hit with an equal priority move at an angle to the ground he flies across the stage with no end-lag, or something along those lines.

and anyway, i didn't really care about pikachu or ness, i was mostly concerned with the famous SWD of samus

kaizo13

Smash Champion
So, any chance that we might get hooked up with a Project M subforum for characters in the future?

.....Smashmods is an option, but not the ideal one. Most smashers call this site home, and hardly anyone is on there.
hardly anyone is on Smashmod forums......well because people just barely got their hands on Project M. There was nothing to talk about before and are probably still too busy playing P:M, but as you can see.....it is slowly becoming more active in there

but i guess some subforums in here couldn't hurt......i mean, is too much Project M even possible? o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom