• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well, we have an assload of potentially legal stages, but a stagelist that big is downright impractical if not handled perfectly, so basically yeah. I'm doing it that way for Pound because it's simple and works out nicely. Smaller local tourneys will be where I experiment with things like categorical stage bans.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Honestly, I see no problem with a large amount of counterpicks, so long as the number of bans is increased.

I could actually see a system of counterpick "groups", each group having 2-3 stages with near-identical gameplay, for banning. It'd be really simple for implementation for a TO, 5 minutes extra at most, of printing off the information and placing it at each station.

I'd actually go through the trouble of working on this type of thing myself, but I unfortunately do not know Melee well enough.

*EDIT* @ "categorical stage bans" wow, you ninja'd a post that wasn't really a response to anything.

Ulevo

Smash Master
To kind of support what Supreme Dirt is mentioning, I don't think bountiful counter pick options are bad (provided they are not redundant), as long as you give the player more bans. It's having too many neutrals that I think are a problem.

Also, for the sake of clarity, JCaesar, are we talking about Temple, or Temple: M?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Could anyone help me play test some things later tonight on WiFi? I'd like to make sure a couple of textures and so forth don't desync.
Textures don't desync unless they are vertexed. Adding or reducing bones will desync.

I know that the vid doesn't have audio btw. I don't think I remembered to make it use the dazzle audio instead of my mic. :p
:p Lmao.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Thanks to Plasia, my vids will no longer skip after 30 seconds and they'll be in much better quality! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5kNQXeSNU This was just a quick test for quality. I can't wait to record some more matches now with this higher quality :D
What did you do? Or rather, what software did you use? I'm using my really old capture card and the quality isn't that great. The software probably has nothing to do with it but I'd like to give it a try.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Rikana, I used virtualdub to record. Then after I record it, I export it deinterlaced and cropped it with the xvid codec. Unfortunately, I've found out that I've run into some sound issues. The sound becomes desynced after about 10 seconds. I'll be trying to fix that soon. For now, the rest of my vids on my channel are going to stay how they are. It takes between 15-20 mins for each video I record. >.>

Flayl

Smash Hero
Since Bowser's OverB is now a mixup option rather than an approach option, can I suggest changing Firebreath so you can move while using it?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Rikana, I used virtualdub to record. Then after I record it, I export it deinterlaced and cropped it with the xvid codec. Unfortunately, I've found out that I've run into some sound issues. The sound becomes desynced after about 10 seconds. I'll be trying to fix that soon. For now, the rest of my vids on my channel are going to stay how they are. It takes between 15-20 mins for each video I record. >.>
Use Line-In or mic to record audio. Record uncompressed, then encode the video afterwards

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
@ The Developers

This may seem like a silly question, but even with all the talk about landing detection, I'm not sure where you guys stand on bringing back Melee's LD for P:M (unless you have stated this and I was just completely oblivious lol). But yea, you guys think that it may be added in as part of a future patch or in the final release?

Revven

FrankerZ
If we can actually fix it, yes, we want to. This is one of those things that people who don't read this thread fail to understand, it's not something we intentionally changed, it's something that has been a burden for the project since it started and want it to match how Melee had it.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I know we are supposed to keep talk focused on the demo but I recently got a chance to play as/against the new Bowser and I just want to say bravo. You guys did a bang up job. Bowser is f'n **** now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know we are supposed to keep talk focused on the demo but I recently got a chance to play as/against the new Bowser and I just want to say bravo. You guys did a bang up job. Bowser is f'n **** now.
I totally second this. Does Bowser Bomb still shield break? In my own experience and the most recent videos of him, it seems to.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
If we can actually fix it, yes, we want to. This is one of those things that people who don't read this thread fail to understand, it's not something we intentionally changed, it's something that has been a burden for the project since it started and want it to match how Melee had it.
Thanks for this, and I hope you guys figure out how to fix it :)

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I just found something funny about CPUs and C4. If you stick them with it, they will roll endlessly trying to avoid the explosion. I sat there doing nothing for about two minutes while the CPU just rolled back and forth.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
you don't need to john, just accept that your post was a bit silly.
All right. It's a silly post.

I do have a question though. The air dodge out of Farore's wind. What part of the move specifically is it possible to do that out of? The few times I do pull it off are very random and I can't get a sense of the timing.

leelue

Smash Lord
Seems to me like almost anywhere, starting about a third of the way in up until you finish.

You have to start your teleport on the ground though.

one of the development team members should be able to be a bit more specific on the timing than I.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Poppin in to say I just bought me a Wii, and I'm probably not the only one. Can't wait to get it workin. Big thanks Dev's. Keep up the great work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom