• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Lucario ain't exactly a fastfaller anyway. He falls proportionally the same to the rest of the cast as he did in Brawl.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Don't try to bring logical physics into the smash world. Falco is a bird and he is about as aerodynamic as a sponge...

BAD

Smash Apprentice
It sounds more like you guys want to change Lucario to your own version of the character instead of going by what he was in Brawl. If you guys are going to create characters out of thin air, then why not edit Link to have a hammer or have Pikachu have ThunderBolt instead of ThunderJolt?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sora we should make a list...and compile a site on this...
And i only listed the nerfs. (i'm sure i forgot some too.) Point being, one mechanic on lucario =/= what we link mains had to go through from melee to brawl. The same goes for many melee characters.

@BAD AW **** NO YOU DID NOT JUST SUGGEST THEY CHANGE LINK WTFWTFWTF EVEN IF THE CHANGES MIGHT MAKE HIM BETTER??

but seriously, i don't need to worry bcuz link is a melee char so gg son :DDDD

and if they made changes it would only be for the better.

But i'm not going to be in this argument from this point on because tbh, idrc about lucario.... not in the slightest (except maybe the fact that my gf mains him but that's unrelated). Have fun with that guyz.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Has there been a release date set yet?

I'm tired of all my friends saying the want to play brawl for Wolf, Sonic, etc...

So I was looking forward to this so I can play melee with those characters.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It sounds more like you guys want to change Lucario to your own version of the character instead of going by what he was in Brawl. If you guys are going to create characters out of thin air, then why not edit Link to have a hammer or have Pikachu have ThunderBolt instead of ThunderJolt?
Link and Pikachu were Melee characters that almost worked. They need minor buffs, not a complete revamp. Lucario was never a Melee character, and in a Melee world, he didn't work, we've played him.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
So what I've noticed in the last few pages

Ike is simultaneously both Ganon with bigger range and a stronger Marth, and also simultaneously plays identically to both at the same time.

Over exaggerated strawman arguments regarding move and physics changes

Arguing in-universe physics against real world ones

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
R.O.B. is legit. All my characters already look amazing as it is. ROB is good even with nerfed recovery, sonic became amazing with hitstun and lolmoonwalk. I'm just waiting for A)some vids of how olimar works and 12) Dant to give us heart attacks with the clone engine so my mewtwo can rise from his grave.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
@BAD AW **** NO YOU DID NOT JUST SUGGEST THEY CHANGE LINK WTFWTFWTF EVEN IF THE CHANGES MIGHT MAKE HIM BETTER??

but seriously, i don't need to worry bcuz link is a melee char so gg son :DDDD

and if they made changes it would only be for the better.
That's BS. Even Zelda got changed and she was from Melee. Link will get changed too, and it's not as something simple like making him throw his projectiles quicker to make him top tier material. It's more like:

"Hey guys, I got a great idea! Link plays really campy and gay with his bombs, how about we change that to a hammer so that he will approach more!"

Those are the types of changes that you will be seeing. Much like how Lucario's aura mechanic is getting changed along with his B moves. The developers are practically editing every character into something else completely.

shanus

Smash Hero
That's BS. Even Zelda got changed and she was from Melee. Link will get changed too, and it's not as something simple like making him throw his projectiles quicker to make him top tier material. It's more like:

"Hey guys, I got a great idea! Link plays really campy and gay with his bombs, how about we change that to a hammer so that he will approach more!"

Those are the types of changes that you will be seeing. Much like how Lucario's aura mechanic is getting changed along with his B moves. The developers are practically editing every character into something else completely.
Watch videos of MomoSugar or CubaisDeath's Link in PM. Link's changes have gotten enormous amounts of positive feedback. It is clear you haven't viewed them, and they are really all about tightening up his gameplay (their vids are a bit outdated though, and don't reflect accurate bomb recovery, or fixes to AGT zairs).

Please don't be so dramatic (or uninformed on changes). Criticism is fine, but you asked me to professional in posts, so I should expect the same from you. If you cannot, please stop posting otherwise I will be forced to report your posts as flamebait.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu - All the stuff you cited was stuff pertaining to brawl. I explicitly cited how lucario is currently forced to play in both B+ and project M, NOT BRAWL (brawl players always like to bring up frame advantage in this scenario, but given how shieldstun, shield endlag, landing lag, occurrences of hard vs soft landing with different physics are entirely different- any brawl analogy is 100% untranslatable). His frame advantage on shield, uthrow combo percents, etc, are completely different. I don't claim to know lucario's metagame in Brawl. But I guarantee you don't know it in B+ or Project M, because every number you cite is wrong. I can do frame data too you know, its not hard!

Please re-read my post and then post again, because I think you missed the boat entirely on the points I was making. I'm not claiming there is no defensive play in melee. But if you pick up a character like a brawl-esque lucario, wario, *unaltered* snake, you were basically forced to try and play like brawl to survive.
I never cited Brawl+ or project M's frame data, I only cited Brawl's. I was taught by someone who introduced me to Brawl+ how to combo with Lucario as brief as it was.

Based on your more recent post it seems that Fair>Nair etc. works, which is good seeing as Dark Sonic was making it sound like they didn't.

Honestly with the brawl specific characters, well they were Brawl specific and not in Melee and their styles and move sets were set to how they play. I'm not expecting the ones who were overly defensive to stay the same, but I am expecting somethings to remain consistent or similar. If they do ok good job, if not then I will say the issues when I get a chance to play this.

Defensive play is something of an issue for me, I'm curious what has been discussed regarding that, people say it is balanced while made less prevalent than aggressive play, is there anything that can say it is?

A point I want to reinforce from before:
I never was expecting this to be Brawl or for them to play exactly like they did, I did expect characters to remain consistent with how characters would work or how his basic traits of aura and such.

I enjoyed Melee more than smash 64 because it gave me something on the defense, the thing with this project is I'm not sure if it is really making it balanced in that respect and giving the Brawl characters something that they had before in that respect.

@Stingers - You still never responded on how I attacked your character a few pages back (when I clearly did not). Quit playing victim and answer my points because it seems everyone agrees with me aside from you, Ryu, and BAD (who even conceded to my points).
There are others who aren't happy as well.

Lucario fun
I'm going to leave this as such and say we disagree on some issue, I think he does better with Aura while you disagree and such.

I'll give the game a shot when it comes out, I play Melee as well so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also killing under 100% wasn't referring to DT, but it wouldn't surprise me if he could with aura.

Aura as in brawl would be dificult to implement in P:M cause in melee you can die from 2 combos, there's no constant trading of hits as in Brawl

But the interesting part of the Aura mechanic is that Lucario's attacks start week, and are good to combo, and in late game become stronger, and are good for killing. We need more ideas on how to make this work!

On Lucario's revamped gameplay, i think you should try to translate his vbrawl combos as close as possible. You see, Lucario was one the few, if not the only, character in brawl that had actual, non-chain, non-stall, interesting, combos...I know the changes in gravitty and all, but with some changes in trayectories it could be possible, i mean he isn't wario, you could give that to your brawl-P:M fans

Edit: let's focus on Lucario instead of brawlVSmelee nonsense or personal discucion
<3 this.

Lucario is pretty sick as it is.

Also, guys, the devs are making Lucario more like the Pokemon game Lucario (you know... the canon one) and less like the Brawlcario. Steel types make sense as fastfallers, the only aura move he has is Aura Sphere, and he's a fighting type that knows and abuses Close Combat. Nowhere in Pokemon does Lucario have an ability that makes him do more damage at less health. (Giving him Steadfast would be cool though. Imagine his speed going up every time he got comboed- or better yet, give him Steadfast and make his speed go up when he misses a tech, since that's kind of equivalent to flinching I guess. Would be sick).

/rambling
Fox is a very light character yet he falls like a rock, Yoshi is heavy yet he is extremely mobile in the air. Smash never made sense in that regard.

Also we don't know how much of him is metal or if "aura" BS lets him float like he does.

Pokemon doesn't have any direct thing, but Brawlcario is establishing it is a trait of his.

I mean if we want to be nit picky, when has Fox ever used firefox in a starfox game? When has Pikachu been as large as he is in smash?

It's more so Smash canon, that's my best guess. :p

Sora we should make a list...and compile a site on this...

I cant believe were still on the lucario thing. Seriously lucario is solid enough
You dont have to rely on gimmicks of an aura system thrown in to change a play style..
There really in truth... NO BALANCE to it. It can be abused and it can screw you over... not balance. In fact it hinders balance and admittingly just depending on an aura buff would only show that you suck at skill.
His counter there is more cons then pros.
You can change it all you want but his counter wont help. It was slow start up and slow attack and punishment was high and rewards were very low. In fact it wasnt a cool move, it was less then decent.

I know for a fact that when your participating in a fight, you would have to access what moves will be useful at here and now... now let me grab out of a bag and see if this could be used in this predicament.

When I played lucario I know the only things I could trust was Aura spheres and attacks... everything else pretty useless.

Now lucario is an "A true warrior enters the arena, with all his power at the ready"
There is no need for fear and in truth compared to the melee to brawl cast. IT ISN'T DRASTIC.

RR is the only guy I can listen to with out hearing something out of bad except "yea hes right" or "I was melee scene look at red he is my impressionable god". RR I respect ya dude but I was in the melee scene since 2003 and quit with brawl 2009 due to my career needed me. Shanus is right through and through, All characters from melee had a drastic change into brawl. It its only right to change brawl characters in the same way.

So final note
Anyone fearing this change... dont... lucario is turning out into a beautiful baby boy. Go to your local PM event and feel it. No fear... its right.

Bad... You need to evaluate what you say bro. I dont know how long you were in any tournament scene but if you were any good you would know that what im talking about truely applies.

RR I love brawl lucario but PM lucario is a right direction. Aura really cant balance out and be viable in a professional scene. Once you have the tools... like an autistic child you'll know how to use them.

Also Im done discussing this. If you want to talk to me then mention something else.

Like more PM castlevania stages and a PM playable ganindorff stage.
The bolded doesn't make sense, it can screw him over yet it can be a huge benefit, that sounds like balance when you think about Aura for a second.

He gains more pros than cons with it, but since you don;t want to discuss it anymore...:(

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

They didn't remove Aura though... They just changed how it works.

It is more comparable to... Making Link's bombs not explode on impact, rather than completely changing what they are.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Na he's kind of a fgt and his arms are too long and haxy.
Honestly ROB is a conundrum... I dont fully understand how he works other then seeing JC use him like a speed racer.

I really think the PM intro should be more like a combination of Jump ultimate stars into and capcom vs tatsunuko intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK6cIu9qVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wtZ8vo-bc

Im learning how to make videos soon so I think I might take a stab at it.

Nothing complicated. Simple and character brought from their comic drawings with spiffy design and styled appropriately. I know the zelda manga have some epic pages and the old super mario comic as well.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@ BAD

Zelda needed change because she was literally ****. Her smashes were horrible in melee, and her side b was never good to begin with (minus all the range that could be defined as the sun in brawl. seriously, wtf?)

The main thing they changed about her was her side b, which was modified to help her pressure game, which was basically non existent before. Now she can keep the opponent on her toes, rather than the opponent waiting for the risky attack (cuz that's all she had) then punishing her for it.

Saying that they will change a move simply because of preference is off. They have only made changes because the testing of the previous moveset obviously didn't work in a melee environment. Yes, mostly brawl characters have been changed, but as many have said before, characters in melee were changed to fit the brawl universe, why shouldn't we use the same logical approach for the melee universe as well?

iLink

Smash Champion
What's being done with Lucario's side-b? It seems dumb and unnecessary for Lucario to retain.

Also what's being done with his down air as well? I don't really like momentum changing aerials and I know I'm not alone.
Uhhh... Lucario's sideb is far from dumb. At low percents it can combo into itself and leads into dash attack or another grab and can be followed up with aerials, not to mention it can kill at higher percents and has a larger grab range then his normal grab. It would be pretty cool if it could airgrab. The projectile part of it is pretty useless tho for the most part.

Dair is kinda meh but it has its uses as far as stopping momentum goes and stalling your landing.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I would like to point out once again that P:M is mostly a different game from Brawl.

And just like Sakurai made changes from Melee to Brawl that he felt were right, the P:M team is going to make changes from Brawl to P:M that they think is right.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Side B shouldn't combo with itself at low % if people know how to mash out, and by the time you can do it without them mashing out...well you can't combo with it, lol.

Zelda and Link did need some positive changes from Melee, quick question how are Link's hix boxes in this?

BAD

Smash Apprentice
@ BAD

Zelda needed change because she was literally ****. Her smashes were horrible in melee, and her side b was never good to begin with (minus all the range that could be defined as the sun in brawl. seriously, wtf?)

The main thing they changed about her was her side b, which was modified to help her pressure game, which was basically non existent before. Now she can keep the opponent on her toes, rather than the opponent waiting for the risky attack (cuz that's all she had) then punishing her for it.
I agree she wasn't that great in Melee, but you didn't have to change her Side-B completely. She could of had some buffs to match up to the top tier in Melee. All you have to do is go to the Melee boards to find out her worst match-ups and why she sucks and give her a few buffs to be balanced.

Demon-oni said:
Saying that they will change a move simply because of preference is off. They have only made changes because the testing of the previous moveset obviously didn't work in a melee environment. Yes, mostly brawl characters have been changed, but as many have said before, characters in melee were changed to fit the brawl universe, why shouldn't we use the same logical approach for the melee universe as well?
Yes, in every Smash game there were differences. There moves got nerfed or buffed based on the game they were in. But you rarely see a move that get's changed as radically like Melee Mario's DownB compared to Brawl Mario's DownB. Even then the character still retains their moveset.

NOTHING like what is happening to Lucario and other characters.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Honestly ROB is a conundrum... I dont fully understand how he works other then seeing JC use him like a speed racer.

I really think the PM intro should be more like a combination of Jump ultimate stars into and capcom vs tatsunuko intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK6cIu9qVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wtZ8vo-bc

Im learning how to make videos soon so I think I might take a stab at it.

Nothing complicated. Simple and character brought from their comic drawings with spiffy design and styled appropriately. I know the zelda manga have some epic pages and the old super mario comic as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssUf0XZFkY

This is another good intro. Its timeless. Is short. Its straight to the point.

The game aged a bit but its still a master piece

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I find it interesting that you are complaining about why the team decided to make Side+B, a move almost completely useless in Melee, actually useful, by giving Zelda a new tricky AT that actually adds to the playstyle she already had.

Its not like we added it to zelda, then nerfed her because she was too good. This change only makes her BETTER.
Perhaps its not BETTER in the way YOU would like it to be, but it actually allows Zelda to use a lot of her unsafe moves more often.

iLink

Smash Champion
Side B shouldn't combo with itself at low % if people know how to mash out, and by the time you can do it without them mashing out...well you can't combo with it, lol?
It's only really possible to consistently do at like 0-15% and after that it easily combos into dash attack after that point.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I agree she wasn't that great in Melee, but you didn't have to change her Side-B completely. She could of had some buffs to match up to the top tier in Melee. All you have to do is go to the Melee boards to find out her worst match-ups and why she sucks and give her a few buffs to be balanced.

Yes, in every Smash game there were differences. There moves got nerfed or buffed based on the game they were in. But you rarely see a move that get's changed as radically like Melee Mario's DownB compared to Brawl Mario's DownB. Even then the character still retains their moveset.

NOTHING like what is happening to Lucario and other characters.
You missed my post:

They didn't remove Aura though... They just changed how it works.

It is more comparable to... Making Link's bombs not explode on impact, rather than completely changing what they are.
To add onto that, Zelda's side-b change is both a buff and to make it more interesting. It does not dominate her play-style and simply gives her another tool. Why are you so afraid of change?

As I said in that quote above, you are grossly exaggerating how important Brawl's Aura system is to Lucario. Getting an advantage through playing badly is BAD DESIGN. It would also not work in a Melee environment for reasons stated umpteen times already.

Wario's changes were only as severe as Falco's changes from Melee > Brawl. They were to buff him as he would've been a bad character in Melee (let's see... A character based entirely around camping, in an offensive game. Not going to work). His bike was removed because it would've been a bad, gimmicky move in Melee.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@ BAD

How did they change her side b completely? I still see it as a projectile, you can still control it, it still hits the opponent as a somewhat high angle. They changed how it went off, the horrid amount of ending lag for a weak projectile, and made it so that it doesn't put her into helpless (which didn't make sense in the first place)

Actually, the way you interpreted Mario's situation to Lucario is fairly accurate. Brawl Mario lost something to help him recover and in return got a move that was supposed to help gimping but was horrible in general. Did this change Mario's gameplay to a large extent? No, he simply just got a move with not much uses. He still goes for all that fireball zoning and uair/utilt shenanigans. Lucario got a new down b to work in place of his aura system. His brawl down b had very situational uses got traded for something that could help his killing gameplay. Did his gameplay change from just this? I can't honestly answer because i don't have a copy of P:M, but i imagine that all his aerials still link well to an extent and his jab game should still be as frightening as ever. The only change i see is you won't be risking your stock to get in a position to kill the opponent.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Link's hitboxes have been ported over from Melee.

-------------

Regarding Lucario, we are in the process of retooling Aura function again, and revising his general combo game. I can only say that we will try to preserve true Brawl combos when appropriate -- that is, those that translate well to a higher gravity environment.

We have noted the feedback we've gotten over the last 10+ pages. However, as this conversation has become circular and unproductive, we ask that further Lucario discussion be saved until we have time to finish our re-rework of him and present him to the public for further review.

I would like to remind everyone of our experimental Bowser build unveil, where knee jerk reactions on his armor system from certain individuals here caused mass flaming and arguing. However, given another month of refinement, the armor system now works well and has received much positive feedback. Please understand that not everything can be perfect the first time around. We have to maintain a delicate balance of keeping you, the community, informed on our work, and waiting to show things until they're ready.

Further discussion on individual Lucario moves may continue, but if anyone brings up his central philosophy again for 'debate' you will be reported for a spam infraction.
This doesn't mean that we don't want to hear dissenting opinions, it just seems that everything has been said by now. If you have something you must add, you may PM me.

Thank you for your cooperation.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkquZV-nkY

Cave Story is one of my favorite games (obviously, from my avatar). This was partially our inspiration for ROB's new recovery. It just flows so well. I highly recommend playing Cave Story if you haven't. It's free, and it's a masterpiece along the lines of Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.

shanus

Smash Hero
Uhhh... Lucario's sideb is far from dumb. At low percents it can combo into itself and leads into dash attack or another grab and can be followed up with aerials, not to mention it can kill at higher percents and has a larger grab range then his normal grab. It would be pretty cool if it could airgrab. The projectile part of it is pretty useless tho for the most part.

Dair is kinda meh but it has its uses as far as stopping momentum goes and stalling your landing.
lucarios sideB can grab people in the air now. its pretty sweet, hard to pull off, but sweet nonetheless

Edit:

Ignore me, Shell is where its at.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I find it interesting that you are complaining about why the team decided to make Side+B, a move almost completely useless in Melee, actually useful, by giving Zelda a new tricky AT that actually adds to the playstyle she already had.

Its not like we added it to zelda, then nerfed her because she was too good. This change only makes her BETTER.
Perhaps its not BETTER in the way YOU would like it to be, but it actually allows Zelda to use a lot of her unsafe moves more often.
I have to agree with this.

Like her side B in Melee was extremely limited in usage, even when it was buffed in Brawl it's still bad and limited in use.

So them taking steps to make it better seems understandable in this case.

It's only really possible to consistently do at like 0-15% and after that it easily combos into dash attack after that point.
Alright, still I kinda feel like people can mash out if they are conscious the next Force Palm is coming.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Good to see you are more civil

Zelda's brawl side B was altered because of how unbalanced it was in a Melee enviornment.
In Melee, you can only AD once and then you are in freefall with lots of lag, which will lead to Zelda having a heavily defensive metagame, moreso than she is meant to be as she is supposed to be offensive.

Ryoko made a thread a while ago before Brawl came out about how Zelda and Sheik were originally supposed to work though I cannot find it.

They DID go to the Melee boards and did their research to give her appropriate subtle buffs to make her better.

For example, her FSmash and Usmash hits link better and she kept her Dsmash buff.

Her new side B is odd, but it has it's uses and is much better than the Melee iteration.
Look up Magus's and Ryoko's matches on youtube for examples of it's utility.

B.W.

Smash Champion

Cave Story is one of my favorite games (obviously, from my avatar). This was partially our inspiration for ROB's new recovery. It just flows so well. I highly recommend playing Cave Story if you haven't. It's free, and it's a masterpiece along the lines of Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.
That was an amazing speed run of Hell. Cave Story is an amazing game.

Also I didn't see much of ROB's recovery sadly. Can I get a look see at a vid or something?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord

Oh man... that game was awesome, but my god did it take me forever to beat hell, lol so many rage moments.

Edit: ...ninja'd

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Link's hitboxes have been ported over from Melee.

-------------

Regarding Lucario, we are in the process of retooling Aura function again, and revising his general combo game. I can only say that we will try to preserve true Brawl combos when appropriate -- that is, those that translate well to a higher gravity environment.

We have noted the feedback we've gotten over the last 10+ pages. However, as this conversation has become circular and unproductive, we ask that further Lucario discussion be saved until we have time to finish our re-rework of him and present him to the public for further review.

I would like to remind everyone of our experimental Bowser build unveil, where knee jerk reactions on his armor system from certain individuals here caused mass flaming and arguing. However, given another month of refinement, the armor system now works well and has received much positive feedback. Please understand that not everything can be perfect the first time around. We have to maintain a delicate balance of keeping you, the community, informed on our work, and waiting to show things until they're ready.

Further discussion on individual Lucario moves may continue, but if anyone brings up his central philosophy again for 'debate' you will be marked for a spam infraction.
This doesn't mean that we don't want to hear dissenting opinions, it just seems that everything has been said by now. If you have something you must add, you may PM me.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Alright, my mission is completed. Got my viewpoint out there and made people think about it. I'll stop being a little whiny idiot now. =D

For Link...dunno I liked his new range in Brawl. Personal thing I guess, but eh, I could live.

lucarios sideB can grab people in the air now. its pretty sweet, hard to pull off, but sweet nonetheless

Edit:

Ignore me, Shell is where its at.
Air grabs? why would I ignore something like that, sound nifty. :p

Good to see you are more civil
Ty.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That was an amazing speed run of Hell. Cave Story is an amazing game.

Also I didn't see much of ROB's recovery sadly. Can I get a look see at a vid or something?
ROB isn't ready for prime time quite yet. Still working on a way to shave off some of his Brawl campiness.

Knips

Smash Rookie
With regards to the P: M intro, what if it started off with the most famous Melee clips i.e. Wombo Combo and the likes (with original commentary), and then show a few of them followed by a P: M recreation of the scene, and then after two or three of those, switch to a combo video-esque segment with the official P: M logo (assuming it will end up officially named Project M) starting off near invisible and over however long is deemed a good amount of time, fades in and ends up fully visible as the center of the screen just as whatever combo/battle/scene that was playing abruptly goes black, leaving the fully illuminated P: M logo as the only object on screen, until moments later the prompt, "press start to continue" appears.

Also, this would be played throughout the intro, very lightly in the beginning, so that the original clips with their original hype-inducing commentary will be the focus, but then becoming louder as it switches to the all new P: M segment, and at about 00:50 through the video would be where the P: M logo shows up alone on screen, as it seems fitting to be introduced to the name of the project when the song talks about the future and "legacy".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW9f_oC8fEs

stingers

Smash Obsessed
omg o.o that fountain is ****!

but is there anyway to make the platforms thinner? ...thats a problem that seems to occur on all of the hacked stages so probably not, but still, it's a problem nonetheless

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
As for reducing campiness for ROB, changing some of his projectiles might help

Iirc, robs normal laser restores 2 (or around there) seconds after use and the big laser comes at 15 secs. I believe changing the normal laser reload from 2 to 5 seconds would stop his projectile camping pretty well. It is already a fairly useful projectile in general, and it only got better with the mechanics changing for the melee airdodge. In exchange for this though i would say reduce the big laser charge from 15 to 10 secs, considering P:M is supposed to be a much faster paced game.

As for his down b, it almost balanced in general. The only suggestion i would make is to make it do a bit more shield damage. While a good projectile with interesting properties, i see most opponents block because a)shielding it doesn't affect them in any way and b) I'm out of a stage hazard. Increasing the shield damage may encourage rob to take more offense as well. Maybe also making it last longer when out on the field would be nice, but then again im kinda biased because it's my character in brawl ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom