• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Please Quote me and let me know if this will be done or not.

Will this be considered or this will not be even done:

- Character Hitbox changes such as damage, trajectory, KBG and BKB will be changed?

- Character Structure, like, Flexibility will be changed aswell?

*Note* I'm talking about how characters stretchs on each animation, in comparison to melee > brawl

I would like to see the characters fight the same so we can see, if with brawl mechanics low tiers can fight High/top tiers with better hopes

Like this example:

Bowser F-Tilt in melee has low range, but looking at brawls here's like a difference

Melee's range

----<<00
--<<<000==OC
----<<00

Brawl's Range

----<<00
--<<<000===<OC
----<<00

sorry for the weird... looking... interpretation... >_> I could find animation images for brawl's Ftilt or even melee's :(

but, you can see he stretchs alot more in brawl and in melee he doesn't

I main bowser in any game, and in melee, bowser has a hard time with Sheik, FOx, Marth, Falco (all the Top/High tiers)

and I will like to see changes like this in too

and plz, release the first version... ala melee, plz, everything just as melee KB related stuff, gravity and all the other stuff, then after 6 months or a year of testing, bring up a balance...

all this... can help many enjoy This Project

if the project doesn't feel like melee (I agree, with the HAD, I agree with the new GlideToss in the air and everything, but I just want the melee cast to feel the same as melee)

if this is considered then I will enjoy it nd love it, and the I can play melee and melee 2.0 and maintain a lil bit of melee for melee 2.0 so I can move from melee to melee 2.0 with easy

I do know melee game mechanics and brawls are different, and that it will be easier than melee to play, but, I do want them at the first beta or first Version of Project M to feel like melee

all my thx if you respond to this post

EDIT*

Falco is staying with he's Fair, and it will work the same? idk, anyways I'm not a falco main :p

about ganondorf:

- he will keep he's Dair, or use like in melee C.Falcon's Dair?
- he will have he's side B of melee... I liked it better than brawls... it could juggle fox and falco if they didn't crouch canceled
- he's Up B as melee's not be able to punch people out
- jab like in melee, as fast an low ranged, (he's Fthrow uses a similar animation to melee's jab) or can even swap he's Fthrow with falcon's and the use he's Fthow for the Jab

What!?

Smash Rookie
project sounds good in regards to shielding though have you guys considered making it so shields don't regenerate until their broken/smaller shield size, etc?

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm having a hard time picturing aerial glide tosses. What would be the input for this and would it just be like a momentum boost in the air?

Also if you need any ideas with lucario... lol

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
aerial glide tosses will make peach the character with best air mobility of all, along with float and her old second jump.

can´t wait for release

Allied

Smash Master
just play melee....

inb4 "Oh allied u could not ever understand us bla bla hacking bla bla melee2.0 bla bla falco nair shine stupidness"

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
2 things I want to add, maybe im alone on this, but I prefer Ganons Brawl side b to his melee add a lot of tech chase game to him which is fun, and for Falco is there a pac for these changes i would die to test them out, or a video of them would be sweet.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
I've been waiting for this since 2006, before Brawl was even out.
-Good luck Shanus and to rest of the developing team for project M.

I wish I could be of some help but I have no skills in coding, changing physics; its up you to guys!
-Well, actually maybe I can be of some help. I've been maining Game and Watch in Melee since 2004, and still do in Melee. If you need any insight from a experienced Melee Game and Watch just ask here. I'll be reading this thread frequently for you have my support.
---------
-The Phenom

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Nice, looking forward to it! So, will this use the same system B+ uses? ie pacs and codes?

D

Deleted member

I love B+, i just think this is what it should have been in the first place. :)

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
I love B+, i just think this is what it should have been in the first place. :)
This was the original aim. The team aimed to mimic Melee with wavedashing and l cancelling, but after that didn't work out, they just moved onto balance and physics changes (alongside stage altering). This won't be the death of B+ by any means.

Oh, by the way, we now have FIVE variations of Brawl!!!

EDIT: As long as we're throwing around ideas (saw Sonic cancelling his Homing Attack with an aerial), I think I should raise some propositions:

- Ness' PKT1 not disappearing after he is hit (this is from Melee v.1; 1.1 and 1.2 lack this, unfortunately).
- (Miscellaneous, but something I have always wanted) Fox's down B making the "pick up item" sound effect.
- Lucas DJC!
- Pikachu having a laggier Thunder like Melee.
- Lucario gaining a weird DJC (just like Mewtwo)

Oh, also, for a new advanced technique, try "Trip teching"; if you trip, you can tech out of the trip before you hit the ground. Just my thought.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
if this is any good.. then man, i hope so.
I don't care either way. I don't go to tournaments, so it won't affect me.

However, I hope that Shanus and his project M lackeys understand what is going to happen if this project takes off. It's not really hard to imagine what ex-Melee and current Melee players of Brawl+ would rather play.

All the work that went into Brawl+ will pretty much be nullified. All the testing, all the drama, all the time perfecting things like FH frames and stuff. Everything will have to be done from the ground up. I know it sounds like a rather wild claim.. but I already have friends here in Cali that play Brawl+ that are already willing to drop it for this one. Now whether or not people have a problem with this is really up for debate. But I just hope you guys understand the fate of brawl+ if this really does turn out to be good.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice

However, I hope that Shanus and his project M lackeys understand what is going to happen if this project takes off. It's not really hard to imagine what ex-Melee and current Melee players of Brawl+ would rather play.

All the work that went into Brawl+ will pretty much be nullified. All the testing, all the drama, all the time perfecting things like FH frames and stuff. Everything will have to be done from the ground up. I know it sounds like a rather wild claim.. but I already have friends here in Cali that play Brawl+ that are already willing to drop it for this one. Now whether or not people have a problem with this is really up for debate. But I just hope you guys understand the fate of brawl+ if this really does turn out to be good.
Your prediction might be more believable if it wasn't for the fact that Balanced Brawl, Brawl+, and vBrawl live next to each other. Each has it's own community and they're all going fairly strong. Even if people move from Brawl+ to project M, those who prefer Brawl+ will stay with it. Judging from the select changelist this is going to be different enough to cater to different albeit similar tastes. Besides, even if the Brawl+ community dramatically dwindles, all the effort put into it will be far from wasted since this is basically a mod of Brawl+.

Out of curiosity, how much of this project will focus on reverting things back to melee status and how much will focus on adding some new tweaks? Maybe a better question would be is this going to be something like Melee+ with everything going back to Melee style with balance tweaks and new characters edited to fit the old style?
I'd like a response to this please. :)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Oh, also, for a new advanced technique, try "Trip teching"; if you trip, you can tech out of the trip before you hit the ground. Just my thought.
I think tripping will be completely removed... maybe luigi can still have it, because he is the tripping master xD

Anyway the idea is cool ^^

bleyva

Smash Ace
All the work that went into Brawl+ will pretty much be nullified. All the testing, all the drama, all the time perfecting things like FH frames and stuff. Everything will have to be done from the ground up. I know it sounds like a rather wild claim..
i really dont think a project like this is meant to be taken as a serious attempt at creating a balanced, tournament-standard game in the same vein as Brawl+. it just looks like a bunch of guys who enjoy hacking brawl are onto a new little project to see how far they can take brawl's engine into melee-type territory.

it seems like...you know, fun. no harm there.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

It would not be in vain as all of the codes made for brawl+ would also have a home in M and BBrawl and Brawl- etc.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
i really dont think a project like this is meant to be taken as a serious attempt at creating a balanced, tournament-standard game in the same vein as Brawl+. it just looks like a bunch of guys who enjoy hacking brawl are onto a new little project to see how far they can take brawl's engine into melee-type territory.

it seems like...you know, fun. no harm there.
Wasn't that stated in the OP?

shanus

Smash Hero
I'd like a response to this please. :)
No characters are going to be *identical.* There will of course be some things that are different. We aren't going to go make link suck, or nerf the absolute hell out of kirby, etc.

We are taking the good, lovable aspects of most chars and bringing them to feel like melee.

For example, peach will have DJC and float cancel again. Will her downsmash be ******** like melee? No.

Almas

Smash Lord
I find Peach's DSmash in Melee "lovable and good". You're just being discriminatory.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
No characters are going to be *identical.* There will of course be some things that are different. We aren't going to go make link suck, or nerf the absolute hell out of kirby, etc.

We are taking the good, lovable aspects of most chars and bringing them to feel like melee.

For example, peach will have DJC and float cancel again. Will her downsmash be ******** like melee? No.
I Miss Marth Fair :(
anyone planning on making his sword longer? or his arm out straighter or w/e the problem really was?

shanus

Smash Hero
Falco's shine looks identical to how it did in melee, in all ways shape and form ;-)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So will Falco's shine stall like Fox's do, and will Fox's and possibly Falco's shine have a stall limit so you can't stall like a hoe like in vBrawl?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Melee 2.0! Huzzah! Kirby sucked in Melee, but he did have one good thing... An arsenal of suicide throws!

Any chance those might make a return?

shanus

Smash Hero
As I said, I havent taken the time to make those for Kirby yet, but if someone talented with Brawlbox wants to, thatd be great.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Wow I've been away for a while.

Looking forward to this. I still love B+ though (even though it's been 2 months since I've been able to touch my Wii).

Just don't return Kirby to his Melee form (other then Kirbycides).

One question: You plan on bringing back CCing? I'm not pushing for it, just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom