• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I dont know why, but I kinda want for the PAL version of Project M, a code which allows you to replace all the default music in Brawl with some custom ones. Dont worry, I know that all Audio Hacks are optional.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Lol that would be hilarious and epic. MvC built into one character.

Also, Wolf with a crawl would be sexy. His default crouching animation just screams, "I often enjoy doing things that involves me being on all-fours."
If Wolf's dash could be on all fours that would be pro.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I wish they would change dash animation for Wolf, I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but I understand it's a tedious process and it has no effect on the game, so let them worry about what really matters in the game, and then, if there's time, then redo his dash.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
PokeFloats is cool, other than the low ceiling, I like it.

I have to agree with the Wolf thing. His crawling animation was his way of begging to Sakurai to let him crawl.

Too bad Sakurai ignored his request.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Random jumpin:

Has Peach been slowed down yet? Brawl Peach speed is leaps and bounds better than Melee Peach speed.

Also, if people do seriously consider having Poke switch for combos, why not give the switch itself a hitbox with Falco Shine stun? Idk if that's even possible though. I like the idea.

I also think that Lucario should just plain ditch the Aura buff altogether. No Swords Dance. He's already plenty strong as is, unless he gets nerfed as he gets completed. If Swords Dance is to be kept, might I suggest adding Aura properties to the rest of his moveset when he powers up? Like, when he's powered up, his Fair could change from a psuedo-sexkick to his original Fair, giving him more flexible combo options, but only under the pretext of Aura-ing up, rather than just powering up.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Random jumpin:

Has Peach been slowed down yet? Brawl Peach speed is leaps and bounds better than Melee Peach speed.

Also, if people do seriously consider having Poke switch for combos, why not give the switch itself a hitbox with Falco Shine stun? Idk if that's even possible though. I like the idea.

I also think that Lucario should just plain ditch the Aura buff altogether. No Swords Dance. He's already plenty strong as is, unless he gets nerfed as he gets completed. If Swords Dance is to be kept, might I suggest adding Aura properties to the rest of his moveset when he powers up? Like, when he's powered up, his Fair could change from a psuedo-sexkick to his original Fair, giving him more flexible combo options, but only under the pretext of Aura-ing up, rather than just powering up.
Keep in mind I can only speculate from videos I have watched on Momos and JC's channels.

A few things came to mind when I read this one this Is Project:M and 2. There should be 0 reason to slow down a character (If you want slower character game play Play Vbrawl or BBrawl). Brawls version of Peach even B+ version are extremely good its just they lack a decent secondary jump for a recovery which from the vids I've seen looks like the devs fixed (Hopefully). I really don't think that the characters will get nerfed in any shape or form due to LOL:metaknight: (Which still seems really good in this version due to fast falling).

The thing about Lucario.... Are you crazy?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I was watching some of momosugar's new videos and there was one match where kirby did an edgeguard by using stone and just sitting on the edge and when the other guy recovered into the stone they died. I may have missed something, but any idea what happened there?

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7_pyGsJTfU

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw what happened. He got pushed off by the recovery and it killed the other player.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
That happens in Vbrawl as well. Basically what happens is the game considering the kirby in the falling state of the downB due to he cant grab the ledge while transformed. so when he gets pushed off the ledge the game reads it as kirby doing DownB in the air. Thats why you take damage from it if you push him off the ledge.

shanus

Smash Hero
fun facts:

SVN commit statistics:

Average commits/week: 264
Average file changes/week: 912

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I know this is just aesthetic, but how do you guys feel about swords shining during attacks?
I've always thought it looked really weird, especially with attacks that are not swings or slashes, like Link's and TLink's uair and dair.
Editing this is obviously not a priority, and I doubt it'll ever be, even if you guys don't like it, but are there any plans to remove or change it, or am I the only one who doesn't like it?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Random jumpin:

[/qouote]
all of her attributes have been ripped directly from melee

there is not a finalized design for lucario currently.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I know this is just aesthetic, but how do you guys feel about swords shining during attacks?
I've always thought it looked really weird, especially with attacks that are not swings or slashes, like Link's and TLink's uair and dair.
Editing this is obviously not a priority, and I doubt it'll ever be, even if you guys don't like it, but are there any plans to remove or change it, or am I the only one who doesn't like it?
You can remove this by editing the sword glow in either... fitchar.pac or fitcharmotionetc.pac

i forget which one since i haven't done textures in a while.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Watching some video's of Bowser, I noticed that he flashed red during a lot of his attacks. I get the feeling that it represents armor frames, but I'm not sure. What exactly does it mean?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Peach's DJ in Melee is animation based rather than momentum based, giving its distinct trajectory.

For better or worse, Peach's jump in Bawrl is momentum based, unlike Ness / Lucas / Yoshi. We don't know where this is controlled, so Peach players will have to get used to the faster, more 'normal' jump.

@LedgendofLink, you are correct.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I was wondering where the stance on Game and Watch's D-throw is. Melee's D-throw was one of the best ways for G&W to start a combo, but Brawl's is good in its own right as well. So what do other people think?

My thoughts are for the Melee throw.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This is madness!

I was wondering where the stance on Game and Watch's D-throw is. Melee's D-throw was one of the best ways for G&W to start a combo, but Brawl's is good in its own right as well. So what do other people think?

My thoughts are for the Melee throw.
Hm. What about putting the Melee down throw on the up throw, and keeping the Brawl down throw as is?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
That sounds awesome.
Can we expect the site this week or will it take more time?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The site is already up. However, none of you can get to it, even if you have the URL.
We are working hard on getting all the info up there. Its hard to get people to take a break from working on Project M to do change write ups, but the basic framework for the site is 80% complete

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so who's gonna continue working on the Dreamland Beta?....doesn't need much work left. It definitely needs to be sized down tho, those platforms are way too big. Also It would also be nice for it to be color matched to Melee's Dreamland, the current colors are way too bright imo.

Revven

FrankerZ
The colors do match Melee, Brawl's lighting screws them up. Secondly, the size matches Melee perfectly (though the base does need some work and the plats might too) but aside from those things it pretty much matches Melee the best it can.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
uhh dantarion I was being serious. I didn't even notice the website thing below.
why do you have to be so rude =/

kaizo13

Smash Champion
The colors do match Melee, Brawl's lighting screws them up. Secondly, the size matches Melee perfectly (though the base does need some work and the plats might too) but aside from those things it pretty much matches Melee the best it can.

Smk, it wouldn't be the first time other devs told u you were wrong

seriously tho, i don't think we are seeing the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom