• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Apparently, more needs to be done, as the game froze when crouching, even with normal Metaknight.

Kind of a Shame considering that I added SquatF and SquatB to PSA and gave them the correct transition time and flags.

Crawling animations are like making walking animations IMO.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
after reading all that morph ball stuff, i just realized i wish samus could shinespark. How it could be implemented well, I have no idea, but shinesparking was a really nifty feature in the old 2-d metroid games, and was involved in most of the hardest to reach powerups.

edit: man I just realized i've had an swf account for 6 years.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
About PT, somebody mentioned a while back about being able to switch out to do comboes with all 3, and somebody else said it would be impossible because they couldn't make the switch fast enough due to the wii's processing power...

Would it work if, instead of making PT switch faster, you made everything else freeze? As in, whenever PT switches pokemon everybody will stop until he finishes. Thinking super freeze frames from Blazblue.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
About PT, somebody mentioned a while back about being able to switch out to do comboes with all 3, and somebody else said it would be impossible because they couldn't make the switch fast enough due to the wii's processing power...

Would it work if, instead of making PT switch faster, you made everything else freeze? As in, whenever PT switches pokemon everybody will stop until he finishes. Thinking super freeze frames from Blazblue.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Oh well then =P. I thought it seemed like a good idea.

Other games have tag-out systems between comboes, so I didn't see why not.

Madtsunami

Smash Cadet
Circumstances scream at me to say something about this.

What if you told the game to grab the PT models from the SD card instead of the disk? would that speed up pokemon switching enough to make it like Chsal's idea, but with less CHAOS CONTROL?

this is going on the assumption that the speed of transformations is more limited by the DVD format for Brawl than the Wii's processing power: melee Shiek/Zelda transformations went faster, presumably processing power isn't the problem

this is more hypothetical, but i've been wondering for a while

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
you don't even need to give them a literal crawling animation, just give them something that positions them so you know its working, and then further develop on it IMO

@everyone who is talking about the morphball thing, thats 99% not gonna happen lol. its an interesting idea, but its not suited for this game.

and @ chaos control for PT? that would be kinda funny, but it would slow the game down slower than bawrl. do we really need that?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I thought the "clone engine for stages" was already made by PW... so hopefully all/most 64 and Melee stages make it in, just because they could.

Or not. And we could just add them ourselves :)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
It is my opinion that we should include as many polished stage remakes as possible, even if they arent 100% tournament legal.

Someone make pokefloats.

Ulevo

Smash Master
It is my opinion that we should include as many polished stage remakes as possible, even if they arent 100% tournament legal.

Someone make pokefloats.
How would you go about making that many polished stages though, given the file size limit of the sel_map file? Not to mention they'd all share the same Battlefield music, or do you have something else in mind?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman

Someone make pokefloats.
Your wish has been granted. Kangaroogreen is already making a pokefloats. It's going to have some new floats though since he can't find the models for some of the pokemon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@everyone wanting Pokemon Switch to be stupid fast to "combo"

be quiet, that was a joke and you know it's dumb

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
@everyone wanting Pokemon Switch to be stupid fast to "combo"

be quiet, that was a joke and you know it's dumb
Lol that would be hilarious and epic. MvC built into one character.

Also, Wolf with a crawl would be sexy. His default crouching animation just screams, "I often enjoy doing things that involves me being on all-fours."

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Circumstances scream at me to say something about this.

What if you told the game to grab the PT models from the SD card instead of the disk? would that speed up pokemon switching enough to make it like Chsal's idea, but with less CHAOS CONTROL?

this is going on the assumption that the speed of transformations is more limited by the DVD format for Brawl than the Wii's processing power: melee Shiek/Zelda transformations went faster, presumably processing power isn't the problem

this is more hypothetical, but i've been wondering for a while
Is this possible?

Making the game load the files needed for the transformation from the SD/USB instead from the disc would be incredible.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I though everyone has seen that.

Some of the required models for floats aren't in Pokepark or Brawl.
I hope someone that can vertex really good will do this.

Like if someone like Gengar can vertex certain models to help KG.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yo Zef. Yeah, you'll need to make them yourself unfortunately.

There were one or two I couldn't find either, since some of them are arranged versions.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yo Zef. Yeah, you'll need to make them yourself unfortunately.

There were one or two I couldn't find either, since some of them are arranged versions.
Most of them will probably be on niconico, but I think the site is time restricted or something for non-users, as I can't always watch videos there.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mute City would be pretty tough, but I love that stage so much more than god **** Port Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom