• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Okay, I am going to end this.

First of all, there has been absolutely no progress on landing detection OR slope traction.
Second of all, the picture has to do with Temple:M, a stage that should make Temple a bit more playable in friendlies (However, as far as I know, we are gonna try to leave normal Temple in as well, since people like that **** too much)

However, I do have good news.

First of all, we are going to try to fix slope traction in a way we have never tried before.I am going to try to fix slope traction! Believe it or not, that has never happened.

Second of all, my new theory on how to find landing detection is 100% solid as of right now, it just needs to be tested. The problem with landing detection is finding a vector to start hacking. Previously, I was trying to change the bounding box size for the character, which wasn't working out. However, this new method works by changing the stage collision coordinates conditionally, which should work 100% of the time if I can do it.

Third of all, we are entering a new phase were we will start to release info on tweaks to characters that have been fairly solidified.

I am probably gonna get killed for this post, but here you guys go. Get hype.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

First of all, there has been absolutely no progress on landing detection OR slope traction.
Second of all, the picture has to do with Temple:M, a stage that should make Temple a bit more playable in friendlies (However, as far as I know, we are gonna try to leave normal Temple in as well, since people like that **** too much)

First of all, we are going to try to fix slope traction in a way we have never tried before.I am going to try to fix slope traction! Believe it or not, that has never happened.

Second of all, my new theory on how to find landing detection is 100% solid as of right now, it just needs to be tested. The problem with landing detection is finding a vector to start hacking. Previously, I was trying to change the bounding box size for the character, which wasn't working out. However, this new method works by changing the stage collision coordinates conditionally, which should work 100% of the time if I can do it.

Third of all, we are entering a new phase were we will start to release info on tweaks to characters that have been fairly solidified.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mahgawd.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
good read dantarion =] thanks for helping out the community, we appreciate it.
looking forward to slope traction!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Dant is totally mistaken. Temple:M is definitely CP material.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We would never do in a Smash Wizard.
Perish the thought.

I can't seem to find the link, but W/E.

I Assume that Temple:M will be better than Temple+ or whatever that edit was that removed the bottom part and the far right parts.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We would never do in a Smash Wizard.
Speaking of "Smash Wizard", I'm surprised there isn't a custom user title called that made especially for him, yet. :laugh:

Anyway, looking forward to the official updates on tweaks for near finished characters, and, of course, the outcome of the Landing Detection theory.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dant is just too **** good.

Also, I know it's late to respond about DI but I do somewhat remember the issues related to it in Brawl. Holding the stick in a corner in Brawl will count as full DI in both directions, rather than appropriately rationed DI to each direction. I believe general DI is a tad stronger too, maybe.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So what exactly are the changed from Temple+ to Temple:M?
Secret things. :cool:

As a hint: It's a smaller stage, and it's what I've wanted to do to the stage since I thought of it. The technical limitations were holding me back.. But now I can do minor vertex work, so things got easier.

I still have some things to touch up on the stage, but in my opinion it's going to be one of the best CPs after slippery slopes get fixed.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I already have 1000 wizard love.

Also, Magus has a proper landing detection theory that requires more time, and that is being worked on right now.
I don't have a Wii, but I am working on otherstuff.com

Jonas

Smash Champion
Erm... 8001...?
In the original Japanese manga and anime, Vegeta said "over 8000!"

On a side note, what does Warios forward B actually do? Is it just a charge move like Illusion?
His bike was much cooler though, and it's a shame if it was removed for being "not Melee-like" (I'm sorry, you must have heard something like this a million times already :bee:).

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Has no one really gotten this man a wii yet?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Wait....

They really got rid of Wario's bike?

hioasdf;lkjfikjflkf

Stupid decision.

Also, I'm almost certain that GaW's parachute lasted longer and had a better hitbox in Melee. In Melee, his entire body seemed like it had a hitbox. In P:M, it looks like only the chute has the hitbox.

I would also like to see a return of the invisible ceiling 'glitch'. It was basically the equivalent to a 'counterhit' in 2D fighters and with character's now having things like Super-armor, it could be used reliably.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I thought it ws dumb too, until I thought about how the bike was used in Wario's gameplay in vBrawl. Just recovery other than gimmicks. And why?

1) Riding the bike is easily punished.
2) Picking up the pick is slow, throwing it is slow
3) The wheels arent good projectiles
4) Afterwards you cant really recover well for a while.

Wario is a very strong character, in fact, he is a speed+powerhouse character that did NOT need to be so good off stage. He still has waft for those emergencies. The side+b he has now is an awesome move in those situations where you KNOW youre opponent has to be vulnerable, much like Falcons side+b, although slower, and but it actually packs a punch.

People will probably complain about Wario's dair too, but after playing with Wario:M I am actually happy with how he turned out.

shanus

Smash Hero
Wario is still a work-in-progress, but people need to keep an open mind as to the aim that wario takes.

First, his bike's recovery was simply beyond the scope of what you can do in melee. Second, in a game with significantly faster pace, his bike utility on stage was significantly hampered. Sure there was use to do a wheelie to eat projectiles, but trust me when I say his new Warioland SideB charge has SIGNIFICANTLY more utility.

People need to trust us here on it, because he plays really **** well.

This is basically aimed at all the uninformed people out there who make instant assumptions without really knowing the logic, or breadth of character changes. We will have posts / info on each character in due time...

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i got so hyped about Dant's post *shiny eyes*. I like what I've seen from Wario:M, the only thing I'm not sure aout is his Dair
Edit: Have you guys found a way to use other custom music on stages(other thab BF's music which is the one that loads on the stages that rely on .rel)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wolf is good, but he doesn't seem to have spacy physics judging by how high Falco's hine sent him upward at low percent. Dpes his fallspeed needs to be higher (I think it should be between Fox and Falco in top/avg falling speed) and I'm not sure about his air speed but that should also be on the weaker side. I'm pretty sure Fox and Falco have the 2 lowest, so maybe Wolf should be 3rd.
errr....

part of the appeal of wolf's game vs the other spacies is that he had such great air speed (right behind or tied with Wario in VBrawl), along with falling just a tad slower than fox...

@Wario:

Loving the wario-land focus :bee:

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'll just say that I absolutely love everything you've done to Wario. All of his moves look polished, and have a wonderful purpose. I'd actually be disappointed if he's changed further from what he currently is.

By the way, how does his down smash work? I can't figure it out.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so yeah, I'd like to put in that if the wilds get new down B's (if possible), that PT gets to re-position pokemon on switch (if possible) or even switch mid-air (as well, if possible) to balance out being a strong solo force, or a team affair

Revven

FrankerZ
No... it doesn't trip. Wario's Dsmash set ups for techchases at pretty much any percent (well maybe not 0). It's based off his Wario Land Shake It move where you shook the Wiimote to make him pound the ground with his fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom