• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Wolf is good, but he doesn't seem to have spacy physics judging by how high Falco's hine sent him upward at low percent. Dpes his fallspeed needs to be higher (I think it should be between Fox and Falco in top/avg falling speed) and I'm not sure about his air speed but that should also be on the weaker side. I'm pretty sure Fox and Falco have the 2 lowest, so maybe Wolf should be 3rd.

Ulevo

Smash Master
(and Brawl DI ofcourse)
I thought when Melee's physics were ported over, it resolved issues regarding blanket physics for all characters (DI, et cetera). I apologize for asking a question that's likely been asked previously but, what's the hurdle? Is it fixable? I'm just curious at this point.

Revven

FrankerZ
Physics were only ported over for Melee characters, we still have to go through Brawl characters and fit them within the same physics range. Which means, not every Brawl character is done with their physics... including Wolf. (Though there are some key ones that are fitted, just saying not every Brawl character is done). So it's not really "blanket physics" it's per character basis.

DI is something so ridiculous that I wish I could just copy and paste what Magus said about it rather than me explaining it horrifically wrong.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
edit: ninja'd

but character physics have nothing to do with the engine's DI potency

kaizo13

Smash Champion
guys it's not the distance.....it's a combination of momentum + ledge grab reach giving it the illusion of it being longer

perfect example at 2:06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrc6Sj8lW4

before it was not enough momentum.....and now it's just a little too much foward momentum (he seems to hover out of the end of up-b). Should be an easy fix

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
wolf is indeed good....but notice how falco couldn't even pillar him more than once in a row due to him being a bit too light (and Brawl DI ofcourse)
That and the fact that Falco can't sh laser low either. Still WOLF has alot of potential to go in on characters that Falco and fox couldn't. He's probably going to end up like a more fan friendly version of the Spacies. He still has to option to laser camp some characters but for the most part I think he'll be like the Captain Falcon of the Spacies lol

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I tested Melee's debug mode and Marth shouldn't be landing until his right foot touches the ground in that animation.

It is indeed good progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom