• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That's not the problem.. I have an emotional tie with this controller, like when you have your pet die after several years D=
You didn't understand what I said. You're keeping the same controller, you're replacing the one malfunctioning part.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
you could try seeing if any smashers in your area have spare controller parts. there probably will be someone, there's like 3/4 people including me that keep spare parts around in my town.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
you could try seeing if any smashers in your area have spare controller parts. there probably will be someone, there's like 3/4 people including me that keep spare parts around in my town.
The smash community in belgium is like 8 people lol. And half of them play brawl only, cause melee has less characters lmao. Although i could get a controller for like 5 bucks from any noob who doesn't realize how awesome the gamecube is.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
SA on running attack, smashes (most notably dsmash), nair, bair, downb, grounded sideb and I think that's it.

BB only breaks when you hold it for a little bit. It wasn't a full shield.

jalued

Smash Lord
SA on running attack, smashes (most notably dsmash), nair, bair, downb, grounded sideb and I think that's it.

BB only breaks when you hold it for a little bit. It wasn't a full shield.
So its SA not HA? invincibility frames ftw :)

oh and im guessing his dsmash would make a great tech chasing tool now, it would punish get up attack really well

Kix

Smash Journeyman
so can any move over a certain % hit through it, or will is out prioratise everything? Uve not really been clear :p
Oh... I guess that would be a reason to say "heavy" over "super"... to be honest, I don't know, I don't have the game. I've only picked that up from videos. :awesome:

In fighting games super armor usually goes through most things unless they are have a special tag (like supers in GG or armor breaking moves in SF4), at least that's what I thought.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Bowser's armor is complicated, if I recall correctly. Some moves have KB-based armor, and some have % based armor. I'm fairly certain there's no super armor.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry, no stream. It was only Waffle and me, hardly worth it. We just watched Scott Pilgrim instead (go see it if you haven't!)

I do however have some great vids of Vist that I will upload hopefully tomorrow.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I know I haven't posted in a while but quick question about bowser's new side B. Is he going to be able to do the multi-hit part of that move as well? And Yes JC that movie is by far one of the best movies I've seen in along time along the lines of Videogames and comics.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Cause it's part of what made him so good in melee?

Grabbing characters out of their attacks is a pretty big influence, especially when you can chaingrab said characters.
Didnt that also make him **** alot of the cast in melee more than he should have?

Anywho, @ Bowser discussion:

I swear to god his Jab, Ftilt and Fair got their ranges nerfed...that little "slash" FX isnt on them anymore and I belive that actually made the range a tad longer ala Wolf's Jab/Ftilt/Fair

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Didnt that also make him **** alot of the cast in melee more than he should have?

Anywho, @ Bowser discussion:

I swear to god his Jab, Ftilt and Fair got their ranges nerfed...that little "slash" FX isnt on them anymore and I belive that actually made the range a tad longer ala Wolf's Jab/Ftilt/Fair
Visual "slash" effects are seperate from hitboxes though. The removal of it (it was removed? lol i never noticed.) could be playing tricks on you maybe?

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that the flying slam/Bowsercide will no longer be in use and instead only the klaw mechanics from Melee will be in effect? And what I'm about to mention is a very minor thing to note, but will Bowser be able to klaw hop?

I noticed that Bowser glows orange-red during his attacks--are those the designated heavy/super/bowser armor frames?

Link40

Smash Cadet
Seriously why did you remove his flying slam ? It was such a good move : low risk for high damage. Plus it allowed Koopa hopping.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's one small aspect of a much bigger picture. We gave him his Melee claw because this is ... wait for it ... Project M. Bowser:M is a far better character than his Brawl or Melee counterpart.

Link40

Smash Cadet
I never really played Bowser in melee, but he was my second main character in Brawl. And I doubt that M:M Bowser will be a high tier, even with Flying slam he wouldn't have been. But it was such a good move, it would have made out of Bowser a very viable character.

And what about Link ? Can he now bomb recovery again ? Since you can not make him have his Tether recovery again, will he have at least the bomb recovery ?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Seriously why did you remove his flying slam ? It was such a good move : low risk for high damage. Plus it allowed Koopa hopping.
Koopa hopping never really helped Bowser much in Brawl. And that's the point; high damage for low risks moves isn't exactly what they're looking for. Koopa claw now has killing potential and damage output as long as you land it (bthrow koopa claw kills and fthrow koopa claw does 20%). Bowser is a huge tank that eats up a lot of projectiles and low damage attacks. I'm pretty sure he's better than his Melee and Brawl counterpart. He's also an excellent shield breaking character.

Edit: as for his bomb recovery, the bombs explode on any sort of contact so yes, he does have his bomb recovery but its different than what it was compared to Melee.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Koopa hopping never really helped Bowser much in Brawl. And that's the point; high damage for low risks moves isn't exactly what they're looking for. Koopa claw now has killing potential and damage output as long as you land it (bthrow koopa claw kills and fthrow koopa claw does 20%). Bowser is a huge tank that eats up a lot of projectiles and low damage attacks. I'm pretty sure he's better than his Melee and Brawl counterpart. He's also an excellent shield breaking character.

Edit: as for his bomb recovery, the bombs explode on any sort of contact so yes, he does have his bomb recovery but its different than what it was compared to Melee.
You mean Bomb recovery will be easier ? Pretty nice, but still I hope one day the Longshot will be back, but for now it doesn't seems it will be possible.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Sorry, no stream. It was only Waffle and me, hardly worth it. We just watched Scott Pilgrim instead (go see it if you haven't!)

I do however have some great vids of Vist that I will upload hopefully tomorrow.
I think that was a good choice sir, Scott Pilgrim is an awesome movie, the comic is pretty good too by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom