• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
It will soon be a year since this project was started... wonder if it will be publicly released before then.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
It will soon be a year since this project was started... wonder if it will be publicly released before then.
Looks like P:M's development time will be almost be on par with a Sonic game *rimshot*

One to two more years and they'll have put in as much time into P:M as normal devs do regular games*.

*Devs usually work for alot longer than when they first publicly unveil a game, and I know Shanus started work on P:M LONG before any of us knew about it.

Kati

Smash Lord
It is scary to see so much work put into this when the progress rate is put into light. Have the developers made a schedule for themselves? I'm worried about the developers not knowing how long this endeavor will take. Too often does a mod as detailed as this crumble due to the makers not having the time.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Don't Worry.
I have faith in them that they will not let this become Vaporware.
The Development Hell will end eventually.

Hopefully before my birthday.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
hmm, so nothing could be placed there?

I mean, more fantastic things have been done to moves here...
There has been people experimenting with characters with down B that dont work like donkey kongs down b in the air. Someone managed to make it work so if you use down B in the air you grab a barrel. I saw something that it might be apply able to the wild pokemon and such :\

I saw this awhile ago, and it was still experimental. I dont know how to find the video but it was good. I also remember reading there were side effects :\

I'm pretty sure the wild pokemon aren't actually separate characters from the Trainer (they use the same PAC files). So if you replace Down B for them, you replace Down B for the Trainer as well.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, even if one were to somehow get down-b to be something else (and make it also usable in the air), one would have to make a code that tells the game to load different pac files depending on if Pokémon Trainer is chosen or the Wild Pokémon is chosen. It's more work than the benefit, IMO.
But even if it's easy to code, taken that aside, take this into consideration: if the Wild Pokémon have an additional move, it could potentially drastically change their playstyle, which could potentially make the Wild one significantly better than the PT variant to the point that it no longer rewards players to learn all three and play PT to have access to all three. It'll be kind of (but not exactly) like Sheik/Zelda in Melee. No one will want to play both characters when they can just play one and be much better off than playing all of them.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Blah Blah Blah, I could do it if I wanted, blah blah blah, i haven't been asked to try, blah blah blah, I don't have a wii, blah blah blah, this is my last smash project, blah blah blah, its gonna come out eventually, blah blah blah, .com

Rikana

Smash Champion
Blah Blah Blah, I could do it if I wanted, blah blah blah, i haven't been asked to try, blah blah blah, I don't have a wii, blah blah blah, this is my last smash project, blah blah blah, its gonna come out eventually, blah blah blah, .com

Edit: ninja'd.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
After awhile Dantarion makes this possible in game http://www.dorkly.com/video/4534/charizard XD !!!

Im with Perfect chaos, If its to much work then screw the idea. Theres a lot of possibilities but everything needs to be solid, and the P:M team is doing very good with being solid.:woman:

Ulevo

Smash Master
That's one small aspect of a much bigger picture. We gave him his Melee claw because this is ... wait for it ... Project M. Bowser:M is a far better character than his Brawl or Melee counterpart.
Then if you're including aspects of Brawl Bowser and Melee Bowser together, couldn't you have included the Bowsercide in with his current claw mechanics?

Bowser shoves the opponent if he presses forward while grappling them, he tosses them away if you hit backward while grappling them, and then for the Bowsercide, you could have just dedicated the up or down button to that purpose.

Bowsercide was one of Bowsers most redeeming qualities in Brawl. I don't feel claw hopping is really all that necessary, but Bowsercide was a very useful and viable move you could easily incorporate without interfering with Bowser: M's melee style.

If you need a perfect example of this, look no further than Ganondorf and his newly incorporated forward special.

Revven

FrankerZ
The way the Bowser throw in Brawl works wouldn't allow us to both incorporate it AND the Melee Klaw throws because it has the "% based direction Bowser throws" hardcoded into it somewhere (either his module or somewhere else that hasn't been looked into) so it was not possible to keep that throw unless you wanted the opponent control over where Bowser would throw you if you had the lower % than him. jiang tried everything, believe me, it would not work.

And even if that was fixed, it is completely different from Ganondorf's Brawl Side B as its only real use is damage and the Melee Klaw Fthrow covers both the damage and allows for follow-ups from it.

Edit: Someone may correct me if I am wrong but, the Bowser Brawl klaw throw in general interfered with the other two throws by having that % based crap.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ah, alright. If it wasn't possible to include, then that's understandable.

Although I disagree that it's only use is dealing % when you're able to suicide with the move; that was mostly the reason I was referencing Ganon's side special.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Then if you're including aspects of Brawl Bowser and Melee Bowser together, couldn't you have included the Bowsercide in with his current claw mechanics?

Bowser shoves the opponent if he presses forward while grappling them, he tosses them away if you hit backward while grappling them, and then for the Bowsercide, you could have just dedicated the up or down button to that purpose.

Bowsercide was one of Bowsers most redeeming qualities in Brawl. I don't feel claw hopping is really all that necessary, but Bowsercide was a very useful and viable move you could easily incorporate without interfering with Bowser: M's melee style.

If you need a perfect example of this, look no further than Ganondorf and his newly incorporated forward special.
Then why not Claw someone off the stage and carry them down to thier death like the bowsers before brawl.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think Bowser's suicide in Brawl was mostly a gimmick/novelty. Not as important as you're making it out to be.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
It's a pretty irritating move as well. When my brother plays (which is rarely) he always chooses bowser simply for the purpose of suiciding.

JOE!

Smash Hero
wll, if the Wild's get new side B's, maybe the trainer can choose where he tosses the next pokeball during a switch?

Teleporting character switch anyone? :p

iLink

Smash Champion
Actually I think bowser's sideb was one of the few things he had going for him in vbrawl. Not to say this sideb doesn't have its uses.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yep, he won with Luigi. He did pretty decently at Apex too, 33rd I think.

Hmm, youtube seems to be having problems...

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Actually I think bowser's sideb was one of the few things he had going for him in vbrawl. Not to say this sideb doesn't have its uses.
It was. Defense is so strong in Brawl, and it's disadvantageous to attack under most circumstances (tripping, next to no shield stun, etc.), so Klaw hop was one of the only ways I felt I could approach safely. I played a tournament-going Marth in a casual and basically just outspaced him (hop back, fire and the like) or grabbed him. I lost because I killed myself twice (getting stuck under FD's side and I think BBing not close enough to the stage), but it is effective. It's obviously something that doesn't really fit in Melee, and the current Bowser has a much more intelligent play style.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Someone tried to say that Wolf wouldn't be as good a space animal as Fox/Falco...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

wolf is indeed good....but notice how falco couldn't even pillar him more than once in a row due to him being a bit too light (and Brawl DI ofcourse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom