• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Oh please, you're good but I'm not that easy. I need love and tender care just like all the other delicate things in this world ;)
****it.. Ok I'll give it a try

Dear RedHalberd,

I really think you are a nice and sweet person, and what a coincidence! I happen to love your snake in Project:M as well! So, what I have been wondering, sweet and beloved RedHalberd, is if you would like to upload some sexy videos of your snake. This would make me love you even more!
You might be in for a treat, if that's what you're into!:awesome:

OverLade

Smash Hero
This is one of those relationships where you have to wait a week, because it's that much better when you get it <3

ynnek123

Smash Ace
This is one of those relationships where you have to wait a week, because it's that much better when you get it <3
Aww, that's soo mean of you, I hate waiting for it ='( But I shouldn't complain or I'll get nothing D:

edit: As an even more off topic question, has someone here watched the Spankwire video!? That **** scarred me for life X_X(I hope I won't get warned for this lol)

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
God****it i'm totally abandoning my silence policy.. oh well.

..MK is a ball with bat wings, a cape, mittens, clown shoes and a hockey mask.

wutchu talkin' bout? <_< .
Give this man an award!

Btw... I think RedHalbred and ynnek123 are going to have a baby... a snake and metaknight looking creature... Snake with mittens and a hockey mask.... and wings once its level 25 with the correct happiness value.

Btw I played PM with Red and I brought a bunch of old school Melee players for your statistics.

and I got to say <3 for lucario! His update is fantastic... . His Up B is tough but still It adds to his skill level and that hitbox can be a life saver. although a side B ganon charge would be sweet.
cant wait to see the next version :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So random question for the PMBR...

Is it possible to make any and all of the directions of taunts to be footstool, and not just up-taunt? That way, one can set their character's favorite taunt to the alternate jump button and use that for footstooling, while in the process making it much more convenient to edge taunt cancel any of the three taunts. (But I understand if you don't want Sonic, and the likes, to have a more convenient way to taunt cancel his side-taunt. :laugh:)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Given how amazing, for example, Samus' Zair is in Brawl, is this not over-powered at all?
it's been said a million times!........the landing lag on Z-airs in P:M is in-between Brawl and Melee

ppl need to sop using the word over-powered so freely >_>

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Said a million times? Maybe it should be put in the FAQ then? Please forgive me for not having read and remembered all 1260 pages of posts on this thread.

From videos I had seen of Link, it appeared to have little to no landing lag.

@Luxor
Zair has no landing lag in Brawl, I thought it was the same for P:M, apparently not though.

And sure it would be easily-telegraphed, but it'd also be near un-punishable.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I could be alone in this. However I seem to feel watching more and more videos that since Most things that were a problem are fixed Landing detection is actually starting to look like More of a problem before. It's different then in the past when so many things were ****ed up. Now that there so many characters are nearing completion or completed and most other gameplay differences are pretty much that just leaves Landing detection all by itself to be the sole stand-out problem when you watch vids now. The newer vids are great! However each new video makes me hate the lack of melee landing detection a little more. I find myself questioning the legitimacy of characters that appear good vs former top tiers. Like how well would Snake do vs Falco if Falco could actually hit him with a low shff laser? what if Marth could easily double Fair him to death. What if Fox could retreat sh double laser camp vs Snake....These questions that for now remain unanswerable make me sad and slightly sickened. That's probably just me though.

On a positive not though I do find a certain since of joy that gradually restores me from these. Watching what I call Re-evolution(not revolution) when characters from the past who are the same, slightly tweaked, or new mods entirely are evolving once again before our eyes even while in closed alpha testing. Talented testers that make new blood like Sonic, Ike, T.Link, and Snake look as though they themselves are returning veterans. It makes the possibilities of great and entertaining Match-ups seem way more possible. I mean we've seen some good Falcon vs Falco Matches over the years but how many times can Drill-shine combos and dropzone-knees before it gets old. With Project M comes the promise of YEARS worth of new character and match-up exploration as well as many more legendary character specific combo videos destined to inspire the next generations, The overall metagame development and deepening of the competitive scenes world wide, and what I'm most looking forward to are exciting new match-ups between great players and less seen/new characters.(meaning not falco vs fox...I've seen it so much it's old now).

I would love it if a year after PM's release at it's first self Major stand alone tournament as more then just a side event(it will be once completed). I would love to see something like a Yoshi vs Sonic Grand Finals. Maybe even a Metaknight vs Puff or Kirby vs Falco/Wario vs Puff. I think that a good number of entrances with entertaining and new unforgettable moments would insure the future of melee being forever preserved in the form of it's true ancestor. A new age in smash all together. When the victor of a tournament is more so decided by his skills and character/match-up knowledge alone and not just decided by the fact that his character is better designed and equipped for victory then another. A true passing of the torch from one of the best games ever made, to that which was built upon that already great game and one day will imo become even greater.

Sorry for this being so long.

JOE!

Smash Hero
just realized something, does snake retain his ******** weight in this?

in vBrawl weights went from Bowser > DK > Snake > DDD > Zard to make the 5 heaviest...

the smallest one of those is snake, which pretty much makes him the best stock tank <___<

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Snake currently weighs a tad more than Link and Captain Falcon, and less than Yoshi, who has his PAL weight.

Link40

Smash Cadet
I'm asking this question again, since nobody answered it...
How will the PAL users use P:M ? Since we don't have the original copy of the game, and so we can't use Riivolution...

THank you for your answer :)

Nigalig

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming they would just get an iso of the ntsc brawl and just run it with gecko OS or whatever

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Who said we don't have any PAL coders? We do have porters. Toaster, The Paprika Killer, and I believe Dantarion, can all port codes to PAL. So, there should be no worries there. :p

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I am sure that a PAL release will be one of the final things to be done. There is no definite answer if there will be a PAL release on public release.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake currently weighs a tad more than Link and Captain Falcon, and less than Yoshi, who has his PAL weight.
Yoshi weighs more than Samus and Ganondorf here???

Well if it makes him better, I'm cool with it.

May I suggest increasing Snake's grab range a little?
His standing grab's range(and by extension his JC grab) is garbage in VBrawl.

See?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Cause it's part of what made him so good in melee?

Grabbing characters out of their attacks is a pretty big influence, especially when you can chaingrab said characters.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Because we are bringing everyone up to Melee high/top tier level, not bringing the top tiers down.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That's good to hear.

Although my question regarding Snake's grab range wasn't quite answered, I'll wait for the balancing stage (which should hopefully be at my birthday next year) to ask again.

No stream today?

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I am so sad. My controller, which I have played smash with for 7 years, now has a disfunctioning R button. I cannot put any soft commands anymore... PLEASE, feel sorry for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom