• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I think the problem is that the collision used for powershields is the same size for all characters; so for tiny characters like kirby, olimar, etc, they have a really easy time powershielding, whereas DK and Bowser can hardly ever do it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Summary is that PS Reflect is currently a very faulty code and needs work when we discover more about reflection.

shanus

Smash Hero
Its because defensive collisions size are unable to be modified. So think of it this way, a static sizes bubble around ALL characters. Of course this will favor smaller characters as compared to larger characters.

This is something that requires fixing, but we currently have no leads on how to fix it. We have tried VERY out there solutions to try and fix it, but with no success.

The issue is dead in the water. Alpha codes are just that, alpha, and we want to fix them as soon as we can figure it out. Hope this clarifies the issue.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
with the way wario's sideB works, it'd be wicked to see the graphical effects it uses become stronger with distance covered as well. clear indicator the move has grown all the while giving the player a feeling of power in the chance they somehow gain that much distance with it.

does the sideB's shield damage grow as well over distance covered?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
And he made Brawl intentionally like it is, he deliberately changed things to make it more of a party game.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
it would be awesome if samus could charge her down-B as sonic, like she does in pretty much all metroid games (obviusly with a different aplication than SWD).. yeah prolly wouldn't work/was thought, just throwing some ideas

NeoZ

Smash Ace
it would be awesome if samus could charge her down-B as sonic, like she does in pretty much all metroid games (obviusly with a different aplication than SWD).. yeah prolly wouldn't work/was thought, just throwing some ideas
You mean like morph ball mode+boost? Or only a boost by holding B after down B?
Maybe she could have morph ball mode as her crawl, if the team thinks she should have one.
The thing is adding a crawl(or just boost ball) would change a lot of Samus' matchups so it's not a something that should be done thoughtlessly.
I guess in the end it's up to the PMBR to decide and to the devs to see if it's possible.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Does anyone have any contact with sugarhigh0815 (AKA MomoSugar)? They've been uploading Project: M videos on their youtube channel, and they have a lot of music I'd be interesting in, if I only knew the song title and artist. Problem is that they're Japanese, and haven't responded to comments or private messages on their YouTube account. I tried using a translator to get in touch with them, but I have little faith that that helped much.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any contact with sugarhigh0815 (AKA MomoSugar)? They've been uploading Project: M videos on their youtube channel, and they have a lot of music I'd be interesting in, if I only knew the song title and artist. Problem is that they're Japanese, and haven't responded to comments or private messages on their YouTube account. I tried using a translator to get in touch with them, but I have little faith that that helped much.
I've also left comments on some of the videos asking for song names, but I still haven't gotten an answer.
Someone must know a way to contact them, or they wouldn't be playing Project M.
If that person could ask them it would be great.

shanus

Smash Hero
He is part of the PMBR, but I'm not going to hastle him for music requests as he doesn't post super frequently :p

NeoZ

Smash Ace
He is part of the PMBR, but I'm not going to hassle him for music requests as he doesn't post super frequently :p
Then let's hope someone who knows the name or artist for the songs watches the videos and leaves a comment.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
????We can't do that..... yet.

We would have to find a way to make Tabuu and the game read the "Crawl Data".

Like if there was something to sacrifice or whatever.

Like for Gray Fox, he doesn't glide, so crawling would be much more appropriate for him.

Anyway, so that thing I liked to is the result of the currently faulty PS code right?

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
yeah I was talking about morph ball + boost xD.. anyway, it would be awesome to have it as crawl too.. It would be a nice touch..

PD: thanks for the work that is being put in this project, I don't eve care if it cames out for pound 5 or even later.. It IS the smash game that I was waiting for and it will come out before the next game in the sequel (I hope xD)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Also, samus d-tilt out of morphball form would look weird without any transition.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Also, samus d-tilt out of morphball form would look weird without any transition.
Very true. It'd need a separate animation and maybe a separate input, for example, if to enter morph ball you had to smash the control stick downwards, just like we do to dash instead of walk, it may work. Maybe Samus could only lay bombs and move while in morph ball, or just move, as if it was a more flexible roll.

I don't really know if it's possible, I'm just throwing out ideas of how it'd be less weird.
Anyways, keep up the good work guys.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
maybe pressing A or B during the morph ball boost could leave bombs and could be JC.. That way it would be different from SWD (were you can do smashes, tilts, etc) and would not have so many transition problems.. Hmm even tho, I agree that her game play would totally change and that prolly she doesn't need it at this point (because of the zair and other changes.. ). Just giving ideas as I see that you are making some characters more "true" to their games.

--
Edit: Ninja'd!

Kati

Smash Lord
could the charge beam actually do something when shot... o... uncharged? so many variables could be tweaked in some way to give it a use in some situations over missiles. The fact is though is that Samus' abilities have never been reflected properly in the smash games; however, this is simply because of functionality in a fighting game over her own specific genre.

Still, the uncharged beam shots could be at least made situational.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Random finding?

IF you look in the Misc in Tabuu, open Misc in hex view and look at that.

0x34 = MultiJumpData offset
0x38 = GlideData offset
0x3C = CrawlData offset

Standardtoaster, can you please enable MK to Crawl in the ICs so I can test my wacky theory?

Hooray, Crawldata is showing up correctly in Tabuu.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think so, provided the IC constant is turned on and SquatF and SquatB have the proper PSA work done and have animations.

I'm waiting for for a code that can turn the IC constant of Crawling to true for Meta Knight so I can test it.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
It would be so epic if you could hit the opponent with Ivysaur, switch to Charizard mid-combo and hit them again.
That would be awesome. If they can't speed up the transitions between them, perhaps make the pokeball an attack that could extend the combo. It'd also be awesome if you could choose which pokemon you wanted to switch to.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Random finding?

IF you look in the Misc in Tabuu, open Misc in hex view and look at that.

0x34 = MultiJumpData offset
0x38 = GlideData offset
0x3B = CrawlData offset

Standardtoaster, can you please enable MK to Crawl in the ICs so I can test my wacky theory?

Hooray, Crawldata is showing up correctly in Tabuu.
:O i'm hyped lol

Here you go.

Metaknight has Crawl IC-Const [Standardtoaster]
04B0B72C 00000001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom