• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I've spoken with FroHo about Dreamland a lot to know that he used the textures straight from Melee/SSB64 and that's just the way they turned out. If you don't believe me, fine, but the size of the stage definitely matches Melee (Strong Bad frame perfected it).

GPDP

Smash Ace
oh god your sig is making me cry tears of blood

In any case, looking forward to new developments from The Wizard and Crew™.

G

genkaku

Yeah, not being able to access stuff even with the url has ben irritating me since june, haha.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
omg! Dantarion's black!! who knew I had a brother who would become one of earth's finest wizards! Dumbledore aint got **** on you!

...Im so proud ;_;
I thought everyone knew this already.

Oh well.

Brawl does have a "powerful" lighting system which can make certian colors look more saturated and brighter than they already are.

Are there any recent Wario/Ike/Zelda vids?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, not being able to access stuff even with the url has ben irritating me since june, haha.
People like you are why we've had to spend a huge amount of time dealing with leakers instead of working on Project M.
The game could have been out by now.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Random jumpin:

I also think that Lucario should just plain ditch the Aura buff altogether. No Swords Dance. He's already plenty strong as is, unless he gets nerfed as he gets completed. If Swords Dance is to be kept, might I suggest adding Aura properties to the rest of his moveset when he powers up? Like, when he's powered up, his Fair could change from a psuedo-sexkick to his original Fair, giving him more flexible combo options, but only under the pretext of Aura-ing up, rather than just powering up.

dude lucario is great as he currently is.
His nastyplot serves as brilliant mind games and hes already hindered by his throw a baby into a wall recovery (which nastyplot helps enough with aerial recovery) so I dont think he really needs any nerfs.

Plus its epic fully charged up and you can get someone in his forcepalm... its like godfinger with heat end!

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
As a G&W main in melee, I'll post my opinions on throws. Brawl dthrow is good in it's own sense for sure. provided you aren't against luigi or somethign with a big tech roll.

Melee throws

Uthrow: Vs spacies bread and butter. Chaingrabs till 40ish, perfect for comboing up till 75ish?

Dthrow: Vs everyone bread and butter. Leads into nair vs... everyone who isn't a fast faller at low-med %s. FFers at high% along with most non floaties (70-90ish for most of the cast) Chaingrabs sheik 0-35ish spacies: 40-100?

Fthrow/Bthrow: Chaingrabs spacies if they DI towards you (DI Trap) and great against spacies if they're near the edge (Identical in usage i believe)

Decide how you see fit since G&W:M and melee G&W are WAYYYYY different as I can tell. (L-canceling bair + better sheild + better recovery makes G&W a good char alone imo, but i'll see as i play ;) )

JOE!

Smash Hero
yes, but there are different animations for em...and does everyone "need" that one? Or need a sex kick in general? :p

The Phenom

Smash Lord
As a G&W main in melee, I'll post my opinions on throws. Brawl dthrow is good in it's own sense for sure. provided you aren't against luigi or somethign with a big tech roll.

Melee throws

Uthrow: Vs spacies bread and butter. Chaingrabs till 40ish, perfect for comboing up till 75ish?

Dthrow: Vs everyone bread and butter. Leads into nair vs... everyone who isn't a fast faller at low-med %s. FFers at high% along with most non floaties (70-90ish for most of the cast) Chaingrabs sheik 0-35ish spacies: 40-100?

Fthrow/Bthrow: Chaingrabs spacies if they DI towards you (DI Trap) and great against spacies if they're near the edge (Identical in usage i believe)

Decide how you see fit since G&W:M and melee G&W are WAYYYYY different as I can tell. (L-canceling bair + better sheild + better recovery makes G&W a good char alone imo, but i'll see as i play ;) )
Pretty much...

I don't mind how G&W turns out...I actually for pretty much one thing do care about and one thing only. If he turns out to be too good. I don't want him to turn overrated thats all.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

Revven

FrankerZ
yes, but there are different animations for em...and does everyone "need" that one? Or need a sex kick in general? :p
It is different from other characters... not everyone has a sex kick. YL's Nair (which is why it's on TL in the first place) is better than TL's Nair was. The only character who shares that animation is Link (which is where we got it from).

JOE!

Smash Hero
Fox and Falco also have it, the mario bros have a similar one, as does samus and shiek...

anywho, why exactly has TL's Nair worse than YL's?

Stevo

Smash Champion
DK and Ness should have had a true sex kick in 64

I can see where he is coming form though, as toon link, falco (obvious why he got it), Kirby got sex kicks now.

but still, toon link got it from young link, and falco required it to match melee.

you COULD argue that the spinny attack thing kirby had could have been modified to be useful, but it brings back memories of 64 for me, which is cool.

JOE!

Smash Hero
kirby got it too? XD

Im just saying, as cool/usefull as sex kicks are...the same argument could be said for the Shine to be slapped on everyone...

*pictures Sonic with Fox's shine*

Stevo

Smash Champion
I dont think the same argument could be said for the shine....

in general, neutral airs are just a plain hit box that comes out and stays out for a while. Most characters have similar nairs, whether or not they are sex kicks.

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, im just saying that there are other methods than having nearly the same **** attack copy/pasted over liek 10 characters Nairs XD

Revven

FrankerZ
yeah, im just saying that there are other methods than having nearly the same **** attack copy/pasted over liek 10 characters Nairs XD
It's not copypasta though, their KB values are different, their durations are different, their hitbox sizes are different... maybe Fox and Falco you could say it's copypasta but even theirs are different in KB and hitbox sizes.

Making Kirby's Nair useful would be essentially making way too many changes to it to actually make it worthwhile so it was a better decision to give him 64 Nair (which both has good range and KB) and is a nostalgic throwback to Smash 64. If you think it's lazy, it wasn't, the animation was made from scratch.

If you want to blame anyone for so many characters having sex kicks to begin with, blame Sakurai. He set up the framework for it in the first place, it can't be helped that a sex kick helps a character so much and is generally a better move than a move a character had previously.

Sakurai had three games to get Kirby's spin move right and he failed all three times. It has no range and the KB on it was awful and it was slow as heck. The principal for it may have been the same as a sex kick but it just did not work. And no fixing those issues just changes the move way too much.

Revven

FrankerZ
Not really, it's removing the move completely for a better one. Too many changes = makes the move try to accomplish something that the animation was not built for.

Ulevo

Smash Master
My only gripe with Kirbys current neutral air is that his foot looks flat, as if it was crushed by a boulder or something. Kirbys feet usually have a rounded feel to them, so it looks rather awkward right now.

As for Toon Link, I won't say his sex kick isn't good, but his original neutral air was far from useless. It was his longest ranged (and I believe fastest) aerial attack. It had uses.

Revven

FrankerZ
The animation for Kirby's Nair isn't perfect, we know this but it is better than what we had before (the foot in Smash 64 did flatten quite a bit though fyi). It will be better in time when the game is released (whenever that will be). As for TL's Nair, you can say that about any move really.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
TL's brawl nair is better than YL's melee nair, but it's not like YL's melee nair is bad, so it's not a big deal.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was watching a snake vid again and noticed his bombs could hit people through platforms....Makes me wonder if the values of landing detection can be found somewhere else......idk.

shanus

Smash Hero
is that universal moonwalking? Is that fixing the crazy sliding during any slopes on any stage?

Why yes, yes that is.

<- is a boss

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
No more need for character-specific moonwalk coding? Slope traction is fixed?
*dies*

Revven

FrankerZ
I was watching a snake vid again and noticed his bombs could hit people through platforms....Makes me wonder if the values of landing detection can be found somewhere else......idk.
*sigh* the character was already falling off the platform, he wasn't on the platform. The hitboxes are *really* not that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom