• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
uggc://v54.gvalcvp.pbz/2wt5p0u.cat N yvggyr cerivrj sbe zl gjvggre sbyybjref. Vyy guvax bs n cevmr sbe fbzrbar jub qrpbqrf guvf.

nO ONE LOOKS AT MY TWITTER (SADFACE)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Any news on stages?
We have lots of awesome ones. I need to work on some finishing touches on Temple, although it's vastly more playable now due to the edges being fixed. And by "more playable," I mean "An amazing counterpick stage of sexy."

Monk is doing some cool stuff too. :alakadoof:

Raqib

Smash Cadet
We have lots of awesome ones. I need to work on some finishing touches on Temple, although it's vastly more playable now due to the edges being fixed. And by "more playable," I mean "An amazing counterpick stage of sexy."

Monk is doing some cool stuff too. :alakadoof:
Finish your touching. :alakadoof:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
"http://i54.tinypic.com/2jg5c0h.png a little preview for my twitter followers. ill think of a prize for someone who decodes this."

Already gotten to, but that's the text for those still wanting to know.
stingers and you win.
What do you win? The experience in breaking one of the most easy-to-break and popular forms of message encryption!

The next one should be harder.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
also good. the variable i found for slope friction corresponds to a characters relative x momentum which I can now also use to help fix AGTs to be less absurd. should do that in the next few days as well
.......... cool?
lol when i read that an extreamly nerdy impression of a kid i know from school started coming to mind... the only difference is your loved <3 :)

Rikter

Smash Cadet
Falcon's up smash in 64 was good, not for KOs but for juggling to up airs.

I'd like to see his up smash as Ganon's up tilt though.
That move would actually be pretty nice to see on Ganondorf it would make an accidental input of it less annoying and it would actually be useful.

G

genkaku

If you screw up the input of an upsmash you dserve to go into utilt animation.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That move would actually be pretty nice to see on Ganondorf it would make an accidental input of it less annoying and it would actually be useful.
The issue I have with "making useless moves good" is that Ganon doesn't need them fixed. The whole "lol you got hit by it" aspect of util and warlock punch would be gone if they had a real use.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
The issue I have with "making useless moves good" is that Ganon doesn't need them fixed. The whole "lol you got hit by it" aspect of util and warlock punch would be gone if they had a real use.
Then again, having TWO of those moves seems like overkill to me.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That is too situational an edeguard.

I only see it work successfully on Falcon and Ganondorf himself.

Snake's FSmash makes a better edgeguard for the simple fact that it's faster in PM.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I don't think I've ever hit a competent player with Ganon's utilt, mainly because IMO it's ridiculous to even try.

NatP

Smash Ace
You know what would be a good way to make utilt slightly better? Give Ganon the ability to hold it. I don't mean make it be faster! I mean, just make Ganon stay with his leg up high for as long as he wishes. That would make it a lot better for edgeguarding but it would still be situational.

jalued

Smash Lord
This is nothing like Melee Link >__>
I think I will not main Link in P:M, because he looks a lot different (using of AGT, no Tether, different bomb recovery). Too bad.
AGT is being nerfed slightly, so he wont be much different. He will just hopefully be better :p No tether is a shame though

shanus

Smash Hero
Would that still work if that wasn't a CPU on training mode set to stand?
Cause the players I play against tend to move and not sit still with an attack like that coming their way. :p
I know, I just was having fun with it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This is nothing like Melee Link >__>
I think I will not main Link in P:M, because he looks a lot different (using of AGT, no Tether, different bomb recovery)
Considering his moveset is almost the exact same as Melee's with some minor buffers spread throughout (Dsmash angle is up five degrees, faster Ftilt), and all of your complaints are either based on technical limitations (the last two) or already being adjusted (AGT), it seems a bit silly to complain so much. He's still the same character, but with more useful utility, and in the case of AGT, he's got an extra trick.

Most of the move adjustments were made from feedback from Skler, FYI.

Oh yeah, and 1) Japanese smashers play quite a bit different in general from western Smasher, 2) Momo's is especially weird and he was taking advantage of a lot of current oddities that are being worked on, and 3) He's playing against Diddy, a character that requires an odd playstyle to combat in general.

shanus

Smash Hero
Soooo....

I just fixed AGT momentum to be less insane for zairs and item throws. Item throws no longer can infinite from it, so the special fall from end of item throw was removed.

Also... link mains:

I fixed bomb explode on contact to work IDENTICALLY to melee for both Link and Toon Link.

enjoy

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I just fixed AGT momentum to be less insane for zairs and item throws. Item throws no longer can infinite from it, so the special fall from end of item throw was removed.

I fixed bomb explode on contact to work IDENTICALLY to melee for both Link and Toon Link.
And that's why you don't complain stupidly when something is obviously very much in-progress. :alakadoof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom