• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
TBH, I rather have DI's fixed than landing detection. I do understand that landing detection has a SERIOUS effect on the game, but I think that DI is MUCH more needed for the game to flow like melee does. But whatever comes first, it will be one of the greatest things ever

Crispy4001

Smash Ace

Don't know if any of you guys use Navi-X in WiiMC (or Boxee or XBMC), but if you do I've been maintaining a listing of Project M videos on youtube in it. You should just be able to search for Project Melee inside Navi-X to find it.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Soooo....

I just fixed AGT momentum to be less insane for zairs and item throws. Item throws no longer can infinite from it, so the special fall from end of item throw was removed.

Also... link mains:

I fixed bomb explode on contact to work IDENTICALLY to melee for both Link and Toon Link.

enjoy
Wow. You're on fire this week. This just makes the project more and more exciting.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Soooo....

I just fixed AGT momentum to be less insane for zairs and item throws. Item throws no longer can infinite from it, so the special fall from end of item throw was removed.

Also... link mains:

I fixed bomb explode on contact to work IDENTICALLY to melee for both Link and Toon Link.

enjoy
:alakadoof:
Im very happy becuase old bombtricks work XD!!!
but saddned by no easy bomb recovery........ ;A;
Bomb tricks > easy bomb recovery
:alakadoof:

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
when i saw the title of this thread...

GOOOOOOD

if you want to play melee go play melee why hack brawl to make it like melee? it's pointless and just plain stupid.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
when i saw the title of this thread...

GOOOOOOD

if you want to play melee go play melee why hack brawl to make it like melee? it's pointless and just plain stupid.

The point is, you have in your mind that Project:M = Melee. Which, if you wouldn't be an ignoramus, you would realize isn't true.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
^ the problem is you do care i mean... why make melee like brawl if you hated regular brawl so much why did you keep the copy of the game? or do you all bum off melee to such an extent that if you could hack Halo so you could wavedash you'd do that too?

for the love of god can somebody please give me a good reason why this project is being made. To me it just looks like some people had pretty much no time on their hands considering there are plenty of more constructive things you can do besides make a hack that almost nobody (in my view) is going to download.

god bless your politeness of calling me a moron just because i don't see things your way it's very open minded of you i must say

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
^ the problem is you do care i mean... why make melee like brawl if you hated regular brawl so much why did you keep the copy of the game? or do you all bum off melee to such an extent that if you could hack Halo so you could wavedash you'd do that too?

for the love of god can somebody please give me a good reason why this project is being made. To me it just looks like some people had pretty much no time on their hands considering there are plenty of more constructive things you can do besides make a hack that almost nobody (in my view) is going to download.
"For the love of god", get the **** out of this thread. We don't need to give you a reason for ANYTHING

You are a scrub who's opinion doesn't matter in this thread.

Ban him please

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cease responding to PMC66.
Carry on with Project M discussion as usual. His trolling and blatantly terrible argumentative skills will be dealt with.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
you know, fellas, the best way to combat the stubborn is by putting them up against a wall. you're giving him a lot of room to be angry here.

edit: the livestream, it must be done! oh god, so soon to an hour past.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
you know, fellas, the best way to combat the stubborn is by putting them up against a wall. you're giving him a lot of room to be angry here.

as to you, it's a fanmade project. it's a hobby. it's also a great idea to many, creating a fullscale mod of a game many of this community found to be lacking, lacking in what its predecessors laid a foundation with. i'll be downloading it, and you're very much misguided if you believe i will be one of few. many, many gamers wanted this, and they will have it. i will have it. you may have it after all's said and done, even if you don't want it. the game will be free of charge and very high quality, so it's your loss to not give it a go. after all, your brawl disc won't stop playing brawl for you when all's said and done.
What strongbad said.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I agree with him. Why hack barwl into melee when you can just play melee? You guys aren't adding anything new to the game at all. You're just taking fox, sheik, and marth, and making them broken while making everyone else suck. You're also removing all of the brawl characters from the game entirely because they weren't in melee. Not to mention, you're doing the exact same thing with stages. You're removing all of the brawl stages and it doesn't add anything. I could understand if you guys at least added N64 stages, but no you are not because they weren't in melee.

What's worse is that you are removing the announcer's voice and replacing it with the melee announcer's voice to make it EXACTLY like melee. Why not just play melee then? I want to play a smash game that encompasses all of the good techniques from brawl, melee, and 64, while allowing me to play with brawl's full roster and well over 30 stages. I want to play a smash game in which Zelda's Din's Fire is a good move. Not melee and definitely not this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I feel disappointed that this is necessary to point out, but Alphatron's post is sarcastic.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
livestram... NOW... some1 who has the game.... start it already...

and Cant PMC and alphatron read the title, look at post 2's FAQ, and see their argument means nothing and never will mean anything to us...

and YEY on link's bomb recovery being back to normal :):reverse:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
..besides make a hack that almost nobody (in my view) is going to download.
Try and find more than two threads in the entire Brawl section of SWF with more interest than this thread. You won't.

On a more constructive note: What would be your (non-specific 'your') ideas on how to best translate Dedede into a Melee environment? Are his Waddle Dee/Doos appropriate, or do they encourage an extreme amount of campiness?

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
i think the waddle dees/ doos should be made sortof like peach's turnups except without needing to take them from the ground... bythat i mean they would dissappear as soon as they hit the stage or only stay for a very short time

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't see Kind DDD camping with his waddles to be honest. He throws them at a slow pace (you can get punished for trying to throw them at a character halfway across the stage in brawl+) and in a fast paced game like this, I don't see them getting in the way too much.

I suppose they can provide some sort of limited wall for Dedede though as they block most weak projectiles until they dissapear. King Dedede also had horrible aerial momentum unless you've done anything to it in P:M and was not a fast character.

And yeah, I tried to make my post as sarcastic as possible. I should have tried harder, it seems.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
..........-facepalm-

The stupidity and ignorance of humanity knows no bounds..
You people made me consider homicide again..

-sad-
Have fun with the stream...

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Cool idea letting her WD out of farore's wind. How does that work? Can she jump or air dodge out of it?

-curious-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom