• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
This project is coming along so very well!

Do you guys mind changing DK's awkward running kick attack to be his old school rolling attack from the DK country games?
It came back in DK country returns too.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't have to be the best dash attack ever, just made sexy and true to the character like Wario was changed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I agree with giving DK a new dash attack. It is hands-down one of the worst moves in the game.
don't you main like, Pichu or something? I can name about 75% of Pichu's moves that are worse than DK's dash attack

which is actually okay; we'd only need to speed up the endlag if we wanted it to be good.

and you aren't the first person to suggest that. we might eventually use it, we might not.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I agree with giving DK a new dash attack. It is hands-down one of the worst moves in the game.
Dash attack is bad? No. It's one of his best options for tech chases, and comes out really quickly. It will also send opponents at a rather low angle if you happen to send them off stage with it. It's main downside if you miss you're wide open, but other than that it is a really good move.

That said, having the roll would be cool. I just can't think of what you'd want to replace.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
and you aren't the first person to suggest that. we might eventually use it, we might not.
That would be awesome! Thanks for considering it!

Dash attack is bad? No. It's one of his best options for tech chases, and comes out really quickly. It will also send opponents at a rather low angle if you happen to send them off stage with it. It's main downside if you miss you're wide open, but other than that it is a really good move.

That said, having the roll would be cool. I just can't think of what you'd want to replace.
I don't think it would be impossible for the roll to function in a similar way.
I just think that its strange how Donkey Kong doesn't get his signature move (besides barrel throwing) as an attack.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think it's odd too.

I WAS going to ask something about a character, but then I realized that nearly every question was asked in this 642 page thread, so I'm unsubscribing and wishing you guys luck.

*Leaves*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I do love Wario's Shoulder Bash, Ground Pound, and Earthshake Punch quite a lot. Also, was the kick his FTilt? I think it was the one Wario vid by Sugar where he did E-Punch, FTilt, and then Shoulder Bash tech chase which was pretty **** awesome.

The overall very appropriate representation of Wario's origin series is simply fantastic.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I think the kick looks awkward but everything else about Wario looks great.

And DK's roll from DKC should have been a no brainer for dash attack since Smash 64. I'm all for putting it in P:M.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
don't you main like, Pichu or something? I can name about 75% of Pichu's moves that are worse than DK's dash attack

which is actually okay; we'd only need to speed up the endlag if we wanted it to be good.

I main Ice Climbers and Pichu in Melee. But I secondary a few characters as well (Doc, DK and Young Link), I also main DK in Smash 64.

I've already proposed my fixes for Pichu.

Pichu's fair is the worst move EVER. 4% damage to himself, hitboxes don't link correctly, and it has a lot of wind down.
I lol'd at it having a lot of wind-down.

Well... I don't know about in P:M or Brawl, but I can guarantee it is a bad attack in Melee and Smash 64.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. If you're gonna set a precedent, might as well follow through. No use in playing favorites.
I agree with this.

That thinking is stifling to the possibilities of what the characters could have.

I don't see why Ganon, an above average character should not have his up tilt or neutral B changed. He's not so good that changing the two moves would break the game or that will create a playstyle so unrecognizable that it alienates Ganon players.

Changes to DK's side-b, down-b, and dash attack will only make a mediocre character better. As it is, DK in Melee is pretty **** boring to play too. Uair juggles and shffling bair all day just isn't that dynamic.

If a character is so coherently well done that it doesn't need an improvement (Sheik's chain, Jiggs Sing, Falcon Kick), don't give them the change.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Actually, speaking of Donkey Kong. One thing you could add to him that would be cool... I don't know how many of you played Donkey Kong Country, but do you remember his hand slam move? There was a way to actually slide back or forward with that move, almost like a wavedash, as you pounded the ground. I'll try and see if I can find a video of it on YouTube at all.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Changes to DK's down-b
That reminds me, can DK do the single slap again like in 64 by moving the control stick?

Actually, speaking of Donkey Kong. One thing you could add to him that would be cool... I don't know how many of you played Donkey Kong Country, but do you remember his hand slam move? There was a way to actually slide back or forward with that move, almost like a wavedash, as you pounded the ground. I'll try and see if I can find a video of it on YouTube at all.
That would be cool.

For anyone who doesn't know about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxYrx1pEJXs

Ulevo

Smash Master
Figures. I finally find a video and you beat me to it. Ah well, that's what I was talking about. It was a lot of fun to goof around with. Could be neat in the P:M environment.

Kati

Smash Lord
Anyone remember Falcon's Fsmash from 64? that was beastly; however, it compensated for his poor Usmash... so I think it would be more difficult to balance.

still...

it was cool!

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol really?.....my bad (didn't play Brawl long enough to memorize their default animations)

but still....it looks like a more suited f-smash since it looks like it has a charge/wind up.

D

Deleted member

Anyone remember Falcon's Fsmash from 64? that was beastly; however, it compensated for his poor Usmash... so I think it would be more difficult to balance.
Falcon's up smash in 64 was good, not for KOs but for juggling to up airs.

I'd like to see his up smash as Ganon's up tilt though.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is a pretty nifty idea, you've got my vote!
It looks like an interesting way to buff his DownB.
It would probably work like samus' SWD.

shanus

Smash Hero
Global moonwalking code now finalized to work on a per char basis. Only results in 3 lines per character to activate the injection instead of 25-30 :)

shanus

Smash Hero
also good. the variable i found for slope friction corresponds to a characters relative x momentum which I can now also use to help fix AGTs to be less absurd. should do that in the next few days as well

kaizo13

Smash Champion
could that possibly be of any use to add friction during JC grabs and make it possible to edit wavedash friction?.....(if not solved already)

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Hmm, I really just like the look of Wario as he is now. His kick looks fine IMO. A "more dramtic vesion of his old ftilt" is his forward-B.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
it usually happens to me when I try to use Yoshi up-b before jumping

then I jump into up-b and rage
haha, thats my only complaint
>_< i just hope the crew can attain knowledge needed tofix the ledge grab distance.. we play b+ and b- at least twice a week for 3+hours my friends and i.

Revven

FrankerZ
We have and we are fixing ledge grab distance... do people ever read the things I've said in the past about it? The majority of the cast has had their distances adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom