• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, DK and Bowser are being made smaller, thus reducing their range advantages? :(

and even though it probably wont matter, id vote to have specific changes to the PT "Team" to promote using either the PT or Wilds as seperate entities, rather than "just Ivysaur over PT", as the biggest downfall of PT in vBrawl was that Ivy and Zard unfortunatley lost to alot of the same things, which messed up their built-in CP system

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This is the official theme of Project M. It is a done deal.

Oh and:
so, DK and Bowser are being made smaller, thus reducing their range advantages? :(
There may be some exceptions - especially with the lower tiers. The biggest concern is "fixing" characters that were good in Melee to be even more similar to their Melee selves - Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falco, etc.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, all Im saying is a counter to what that guy said a few pages back about character size:

If you're smaller, yeah it's harder to be hit, but at the same time you have to take that extra step to close in on the enemy / yadda yadda

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Yeah, all Im saying is a counter to what that guy said a few pages back about character size:

If you're smaller, yeah it's harder to be hit, but at the same time you have to take that extra step to close in on the enemy / yadda yadda
If you are referring to me, I was talking about hurtbox sizes. yeah, its related but its a separate issue than character size.

Also, I was concerned because some characters were getting hitboxes that were meant for characters with larger hurtboxes. So basically, a character who is now harder to hit has more disjointed attack range making their spacing better.

Anyway, the matter was closed in my opinion because i was enlightened to the fact that hurt boxes cannot be seen via smash hacking so it isn't something that could be modified atm.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The melee falco vertex is only a texture and did not edit Falco's hurtbox. The hurtbox is located in FitFalco.pac

Just wanted to clear this up from several pages back.

Hurtboxes/Hitboxes are tied to bones. Bones are tied to the model.

If the model changes proportions, the hurt boxes DO change accordingly

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
***** please. Do you even have Antoine Dodson and Double Rainbow autotuned on your Warioware? That's what I thought.

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is false, wall jumps are fine.

Do you mean light shielding? If so, no, there is no light shield but there are light presses. If you didn't mean that, what do you mean?
I did mean light shield, but you know that when light shielding, your shield size responds to how much pressure you put on the L button, like if you light press up and down on your L button, your shield will get bigger and smaller accordingly.

Revven

FrankerZ
I did mean light shield, but you know that when light shielding, your shield size responds to how much pressure you put on the L button, like if you light press up and down on your L button, your shield will get bigger and smaller accordingly.
Yeah that's not been done yet and requires Dantarion wizardy which won't be happening for awhile either.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The "smaller" shield works as the shield as you know it in Brawl. The 'bigger shield' pushes the shielder away from the attacker.

shanus

Smash Hero
Currently, our light presses code just triggers the equivalent of a full press. Its extraordinarily complicated to take the analog input of % pressed and translate it to a character variable.

End of story: light presses work, but light shielding won't happen any time in the near future

ss118

Smash Master
sad indeed. ='[

I hate to just pop in and ask a question, but how are tethers working in this? Like melee styled or would that require only more Dantarion wizardy?

shanus

Smash Hero
Unfortunately brawl-like. Their coding in fighter.pac and ASM is not well-defined and has a lot fo behind the scenes action going on making it very complicated to alter them.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, I think that's the best case considering how powerful edge gaurds are in the melee environment, without it being like brawl tethers are boned at any moment they leave the stage

Jekyll

Smash Ace
By saying that the tethers are "brawl-like", do you mean that they automatically sweetspot the edge or that the edge is considered occupied once the tether is connected to it, or both?

shanus

Smash Hero
except that they go into special fall after use, and have 10fr of landing lag.

Madtsunami

Smash Cadet
I read like the first 140+ pages of this thread, pretty much hyped lol

I like the idea of flashing after a successful l-cancel, and I think it'd be cool if there were visual cues for other things in this vein... Like maybe enabling the shieldbreak effect on an opponent in hitstun (I'm having trouble getting a handle on this in melee practice, and I anticipate it would help in learning the MU's for the newly edited characters). Imo it'd probably be best if this was just in training mode...
or maybe just left out to keep learning melee hard

just a thought, sorry if i didn't catch the post that already mentioned this

Rikana

Smash Champion
The flash is visible still quite visible. You'll be able to practice with the current flash. It wasn't as obvious as before but its still quite noticeable.

I really don't think we need another visual cue for hitstun though. It just seems unnecessary.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
There should be some time of visual que for double jumping... For those times where you accidentally lose ur jump and not notice. Especially with how sensitive the analog is with brawl, I find myself losing my jump with uairs ALOT as opposed to never in melee. Maybe have a flash of light blue or something like that or blink or get darker.. discuss?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
There should be some time of visual que for double jumping... For those times where you accidentally lose ur jump and not notice. Especially with how sensitive the analog is with brawl, I find myself losing my jump with uairs ALOT as opposed to never in melee. Maybe have a flash of light blue or something like that or blink or get darker.. discuss?
I agree with you; the analog stick in brawl is way to sensitive. If there is a way to tone it down to melee sensitivity that would be nice.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Your issue is with the accidental jumping, NOT the GFX. We would fix that issue before adding GFX to it. We could definetly look at making Tap Jump in midair requiring a larger input.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Turn tap jump off.
I use tap jump for too many things to turn it off. Like shine bair for instance, i use up on the analog and cstick to do it as fast as possible.

@dant I was just suggesting some type of indication for double jumping because there alot of times where you could get knocked out of your dj and have no possible way of knowing at all until you fall to your death. I think an indicator would be helpful for offensive and defensive purposes.. even if we could make an icon appear next to ur battle portrait or something of that sort

Laijin

Smash Hero
I don't even understand the concept of turning tap jump off.
Like why anyone want to do that?

The biggest complaint is that "oh man. I jump when I try to tilt!". I don't get why people can't just slightly tilt the control stick in the direction they want. Its not difficult lol.

Plus personally I use tap jump to recover and do other stuff. Fox melee players sometimes use it to DSHL. Just a couple of examples.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I don't even understand the concept of turning tap jump off.
Like why anyone want to do that?

The biggest complaint is that "oh man. I jump when I try to tilt!". I don't get why people can't just slightly tilt the control stick in the direction they want. Its not difficult lol.

Plus personally I use tap jump to recover and do other stuff. Fox melee players sometimes use it to DSHL. Just a couple of examples.
yea tap jump is waaaaay too useful in melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom