• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Stevo is correct.

Additionally, I have made the following codes for us to test in the BR as we try and decide on the item issue:

Can only grab items during an aerial with Z [Shanus]
Cannot grab items during an aerial [Shanus]
Aerial Item Pick-Up Window [Shanus]
Airdodge Item Throw Window [Shanus]
No item throwing during airdodge [shanus]
Item Pick-Up Air Dodge Window [Shanus]
No item pick-up during an airdodge [Shanus]

Enough options?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
AD Item pickup should only work by pressing Z like in Melee IIRC. In other works, you just need to make a
Can only grab items during an airdodge with Z code and that should be that.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ah you reminded me to make a code to edit Subroutine DE24 to Subroutine DEAC!

Edit: done.

Fatality1337Falcon

Smash Rookie
Hello Fellow smashers. I am currently starting an Elite Smash Bros Clan called Distortion that allows smashers of high skill level to unite as one powerful force9offline play only. This clan currently resides in Hoschton Gwinnett County and allow all forms of smashers to join. I play high level Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-, and Project M when it comes out. Any people interested in joining must meet me in person and play smash, if you are good enough, and seem like a trustworthy person, then you are in! The Facebook link to my clan is located below.
Also, I'm looking for an artist that may want to create the groups logo picture. Any and all tryouts are welcome, message me if you're interested in it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_143818988999740
www.facebook.com

but before I can start the Distortion Thread, I need permission from Smash World to post threads. Can a moderator please do that for me?

abcool

Smash Ace
Hello Fellow smashers. I am currently starting an Elite Smash Bros Clan called Distortion that allows smashers of high skill level to unite as one powerful force9offline play only. This clan currently resides in Hoschton Gwinnett County and allow all forms of smashers to join. I play high level Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-, and Project M when it comes out. Any people interested in joining must meet me in person and play smash, if you are good enough, and seem like a trustworthy person, then you are in! The Facebook link to my clan is located below.
Also, I'm looking for an artist that may want to create the groups logo picture. Any and all tryouts are welcome, message me if you're interested in it.
www.facebook.com

but before I can start the Distortion Thread, I need permission from Smash World to post threads. Can a moderator please do that for me?
You are in the wrong thread. You need to go to regional zone and start a thread in there. Or look for *create a social group*. Go on the first page of Smash world forms and look for it.

This is the smash workshop board. This is for those that are making mods for brawl and so it's like your in a lab trying to start a group with scientist.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
www.facebook.com

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you can't blame him.....who wouldn't advertise something in a thread that gets hundreds of views daily :p

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Maybe make it so you can only grab items with N air? Or something? Idk whatever works i guess. I kinda like ZAC with link tho =\

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Also just wanna also throw out there that the focus on wild pokemon by no means makes PT useless. Rather, PT by design can already be one of the best characters in the game.

Assuming the roster is as tightly balanced as possible:

- PT forces a neutral matchup, which is immensely useful in tournament play where the first match of a set is often double-blind pick and you're not sure who your opponent will use.
- With an in-game switch in pokemon comes an in-game switch in matchup mentality. Keeping your opponent on his toes with having to re-adjust to three different playstyles works in your favor.
- You can use the info you gain about your opponent (how he reacts differently to each pokemon, habits, etc) from the first match to decide your cp pogey the next match of the set should you lose.

Learning 3 characters to have the power of matchup-resistance... I'd definitely take that. :)
Basically what I said many, many pages ago. I agree completely, this way.

About the item grabbing, Z-aerial grabbing seems a good idea.

But I have a question, how would be the Zair character's behavior in this?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
>implying ZSS will keep her armor pieces.
Hmm... I was under the impression they couldn't be gotten rid of ATM.

Also, if you can't get rid of the armor pieces, is it possible to fiddle with the longevity of their existence? For instance, can you speed up the time they are on the ground before they blink and ultimately dissappear? If its possible, you could cheaply get rid of them by making them go away in the timespan it takes for a CD to dissappear, or even less.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
about item grabbing... i feel as thought if we are going to restric it to only being able to grab with Z in the air and cut out the grab during wavedashing certain characters item pulls should be modified. Link, YTLink and Peach all have items that go straight to there hands when they pull them as opposed to Diddy and Snake somewhat who's grenade drop would be rendered pretty much useless since with the shield drop lag its pretty much gonna blow up before you get to do anything with it.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so what's gonna be done about walljumps. As we all know, Brawl walljumps just don't have that "zap" in them that Melee had.

Also you couldn't control your mobility until you interrupted with an aerial (or something along those lines)....and in Brawl you can move from the start....which i find kinda...bleh

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I believe you can't get rid of the pieces that falls from ZSS since they're not actual items, you just did what should be done, remove the items. That's is just perfect toaster.

Oh well, many pieces of armor falls from samus, why do only 3 pieces stay on the ground? Just make them all disappear lol.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Have you guys tinkered at pressure sensitive shielding at all yet?

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
My code that removes ZSS's armor pieces does not remove them from spawning on entry. However, once they are spawned, they go away. She will never have to pick them up. You can see it in my vid of the code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLQ7WlMDV8

:p
That's nice to see toaster. I noticed you entered a match with only one character chosen; did someone make a code for that too?

Revven

FrankerZ
so what's gonna be done about walljumps. As we all know, Brawl walljumps just don't have that "zap" in them that Melee had.
This is false, wall jumps are fine.

Have you guys tinkered at pressure sensitive shielding at all yet?
Do you mean light shielding? If so, no, there is no light shield but there are light presses. If you didn't mean that, what do you mean?

JOE!

Smash Hero
*looks back some pages*

So, the Pokemon are being re-designed for solo-play, will those changes carry over to their "teamed" versions? Or will PT's Pokemon get their own changes apart from the solo counterparts?

Also, why are characters being re-sized?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Characters are being resized to match their relative sizes from Melee.

We're still debating what exactly to do with Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom