• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There should be some time of visual que for double jumping... For those times where you accidentally lose ur jump and not notice. Especially with how sensitive the analog is with brawl, I find myself losing my jump with uairs ALOT as opposed to never in melee. Maybe have a flash of light blue or something like that or blink or get darker.. discuss?
I hate this too, but they don't need to signal when you DJ.

They can just fix the sensitivity for the required input and the problem is solved. That is assuming they have the capability to code that fix.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I turn TJ off cause I have trouble not starting djs when I Uair actually. I don't know why my hands just refuse to move lightly for ariels.

It's way more off a problem with 64 than Melee though, cause Cstick is so useful.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wait u guys didnt know about the double jump graphic? lol its just like a little platform that appears underneath them. which is what they jump off of to double jump. how else do u think these things would magically jump again in the air. geez.

OverLade

Smash Hero
But gimping your opponent by taking their 2nd jump away without them noticing is part of the game.

The solution to the problem is already being looked at, reducing the amount of sensitivity on the control stick for jumping.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
erm C-Stick DI doesn't have the same effect on trajectory as Control Stick DI.
additionally C-Stick currently has no effect on DI in Project M.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
I don't even understand the concept of turning tap jump off.
Like why anyone want to do that?

The biggest complaint is that "oh man. I jump when I try to tilt!". I don't get why people can't just slightly tilt the control stick in the direction they want. Its not difficult lol.
Oh, hey guys. :yoshi:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Turn off tap jump with a DJCer like Yoshi?

Why?
Really? I prefer DJCing through jump buttons much more than stick-up.

Maybe my techskill is so lackluster that I don't understand the practicalities of tap jump; being serious, I'm not good. I just found jump buttons much easier to work with and without stick-up interfering.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Just got finished playing PM. I haven't played it since many months ago and I've only really tried out Falco and a little Wolf, but what sort of urks me right now is how shine turn arounds are harder to pull off and how his jumps feels delayed when you shine someone. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but double lasering off the ledge seems a little off too. That being said, I'm liking the improvements and really cant wait to see when this game is finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAqbW7Z9PCI
Me as Falco

*Back to lurking*

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wolf seems to be a little on the floaty side. Falco's shine sends him way too far at low%'s

youve never Sd'd while trying to recover. brawl's up is really sensitive.
No, I definitely have. But it is avoidable, and isn't exactly random. Simply execute your UpB as if you were attempting an up tilt, and you're pretty much in the clear.

Given it still annoys the piss out of me.

Really? I prefer DJCing through jump buttons much more than stick-up.

Maybe my techskill is so lackluster that I don't understand the practicalities of tap jump; being serious, I'm not good. I just found jump buttons much easier to work with and without stick-up interfering.
It's simply faster to use Y/X then Up in my experience. Not to mention having the two different options grants you more control over your character when trying to do DJCs against your momentum.

avril

Smash Rookie
project m is looking solid

i really hope this gets picked up in future tournaments to come

GameWatching

Smash Ace
some...yoshi story progress ( i m making FG elements, and Raz made Randall's animation )

ignore the dark green with a false wrap,
it's only in brawlbox

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
<Dantarion>: my nephew has been walking around with a spoon all morning
<Dantarion>: he just had a revelation however
<Dantarion>: HE CAN DUAL WIELD THEM
<Dantarion>: so now he has two spoons
<Dantarion>: cutting edge P:M news

So much gets done in the early morning. :p

Xyless

Smash Master
Wait guys, I got a great idea for P:M.

I think there was a glitch or something I remember from Melee. There were quite a few videos about it. I think you guys should include it.

What you do is, jump, but then right when you jump, airdodge back at the stage. It's really tricky, but if you do it right, your character, like, slides on the stage as if he hasn't even left it! Especially funny with Luigi.

What do you guys think?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's actually even easier to avoid that now that you don't buffer jumps out of hitstun <_<.

Control stick sensitivity in general is kind of an issue though

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I C wat u did thar.

What about this one with Samus?

When you use her DownB on the ground, you tap the analog stick backwards on frame 41 and then tap forward on the 42nd frame.

Then wheeee!!!

You're at the other side of the stage.

Tell me what you think.

V-K

Smash Ace

I think there was a glitch or something I remember from Melee. There were quite a few videos about it. I think you guys should include it.

What you do is, jump, but then right when you jump, airdodge back at the stage. It's really tricky, but if you do it right, your character, like, slides on the stage as if he hasn't even left it! Especially funny with Luigi.

What do you guys think?
Sounds like you can do some kind of wave-like dash move.
Interesting...

ynnek123

Smash Ace

What do you guys think?
dude waveland
I C wat u did thar.

What about this one with Samus?

When you use her DownB on the ground, you tap the analog stick backwards on frame 41 and then tap forward on the 42nd frame.

Then wheeee!!!

You're at the other side of the stage.

Tell me what you think.
dude super wavedash
What about a character so good that she can kill people in her sleep?

e_e Wait, why am i going along with this?
dude jigglypuff..

WHAT KIND OF NOOBS AREIN THIS THEARD?? omg verybody knoes dis **** wut is this i dont even...nooby noobs are nooby

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
dude waveland

dude super wavedash

dude jigglypuff..

WHAT KIND OF NOOBS AREIN THIS THEARD?? omg verybody knoes dis **** wut is this i dont even...nooby noobs are nooby

No it's not that we're noobs.. it's that P:M devs are ****ing omniscient and they knew we were going to suggest these things before we ever did.

Mind = Blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom