• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
His gravity is similar to Mewtwo's (NOT the exact same) so he's no longer as ridiculously as floaty as before but also isn't identical to Mewtwo's floatiness (due to being different characters obv).
Ah, so I'm imagining higher u grav than mewtwo, but about the same dgrav as him? I always thought it strange that a steel/fighting pokemon fell like a psychic type, but then it is still alpha.

JOE!

Smash Hero
EDIT: ICs can CG just fine. its part of their game, it always has been. thats why controlling two characters at the same time is a terrible idea, and sakurai will forever have to live with the fact that he created a character centralized around being gay lol.
Well, you could allways have a 2in1 char focus on doing cool-*** comboes that they couldnt do alone, instead of just CGs

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
As far as I can tell from videos it seems that this is not implemented yet. I don't know if it will be, but I think it should. EG Ike is practically impossible otherwise.
It's possible by timing ledgegrab invincibility frames correctly or even ledgedrop invincible bair. And Ike is already easy to gimp.
that's what I'm sayin
They already explained they can't fix that, Sir. Complain-a-lot
Looked at more vids of Boozer, love what's been done to him, but really, was the range on Ftilt/Jab/Fair reduced?
It looks like they have the same range, in my opinion.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I believe that only detects at what point you have to be to land going UP from the bottom to the top of a platform. I am unsure of what Dant actually found in that video. So I may be wrong on what I think it is.

shanus

Smash Hero
They used tabuu to map out 100% of the bytes in character pac files, it was not one of them as far as I know.

Furthermore, landing detection is significantly more complex than you all give credit for.

In particular:

Different move types have different landing detection "boxes." For example, PW had looked into it for us a bit, and had found one type location for regular falling with mario, but said he couldn't find all the ones for aerials, specials etc. So its not only trudging around in assembly, but its *multiple* boxes per character dependent on the action they are in.

G

genkaku

worth it.
just sayin'

As magic as Dant is, would it be possible to find another coder of his stature interested or willing to lend a hand in solving some of your trickier problems?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There's only one solution.

The PMBR has to get together in one house with a bunch of PCs and go for a 24 hour coding run, complete with beer, games, loud music, and girls.

if you don't get it, WATCH SOCIAL NETWORK

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I still don't understand how nothing came out of this video =(

A ha! Watching this gives me an idea!
If the problem we have is characters landing too early, I should find where the game stores the coordinates of the platforms, and alter them on read to move them down further.....that may work and should be easier to do, especially since the stage format is 100% understood.

It may affect other stuff, but its at least a vector of attack I haven't tried yet.

Ill look into it...when I get home...in...January

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
January....Well at least it give me something aside from my b-day to look forward too.

In other news the gods came to me in a vision. Someone knew will join the PMBR team and be a fine addition to the coders. Maybe that's already happened or will....idk PMBR tell us nothing :(. To be fair it's probably for our own good.

theyoshine

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blhishBoGMs
I hope I'm not butting in on anyone...

but one of the most important things missing from Brawl that was in Melee
was the ability to press a button when a stage was loading to be able to pick what song you want played
That NEEDS to be brought back going back and changing the settings every time you don't want some song to play just gets plain annoying and wastes time

has anyone thought of adding that back in before?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's very few stages with less than three songs and My Music exists for a reason.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
LOL! I thought of that landing detection solution a while ago but I thought it was too simple/stupid to work >_>
I should've said something!
I would've been a mini-wizard D:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well, you could allways have a 2in1 char focus on doing cool-*** comboes that they couldnt do alone, instead of just CGs
Which is what Melee climbers are like minus the hand-off and wobbling... -_-

It amazes me how many people think that the ICs are just lolcgs in BOTH games.

On another note, I have a request. You know how holding the grab button brings up shield? I do this accidentally from time to time with the Ice Climbers (because of Nana being 6 or so frames behind), and it annoys me to no end that you can't grab out of this shield. Can this be changed? :)

theyoshine

Smash Rookie
@Eternal Yoshi

the point was to go to my music when the button was held
but it would go straight to the stage's music selector page
that way you can change the stage's music priority
and once you leave the page it loads the stage

not make a new menu all together -_-

for example if I went to the SSS
and chose final destination while holding R
it would bring up final destination's music chooser from my music I would tweak with it
then I hit B to go back
it would load the stage final destination

that way you don't have to constantly leave the game because the music is being annoying

theyoshine

Smash Rookie
@GrimFandango
Oh noes Yall be Flamins Teh Yoshnes mah Littel 7 yar oold No0b HAr-t c'nt tak this anay moore
Ima call the Cybah PO lEES on yo ***!!!!11one

seriusly though stfu and stop being so ethnocentric
your **** doesn't smell any better than mine does

I've defiantly seen a hell of alot more people complain about this feature
being missing than just me and aeon.

lashing out at fellow requesters gets you nowhere Mr. Prozac

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol Shadic

it's not a bad idea Yoshine, but it definitely has no importance as of now (or anytime soon)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
On another note, I have a request. You know how holding the grab button brings up shield? I do this accidentally from time to time with the Ice Climbers (because of Nana being 6 or so frames behind), and it annoys me to no end that you can't grab out of this shield. Can this be changed? :)
......**** i was gonna suggest this a while back but i completely forgot.

+1 vote

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
@GrimFandango
Oh noes Yall be Flamins Teh Yoshnes mah Littel 7 yar oold No0b HAr-t c'nt tak this anay moore
Ima call the Cybah PO lEES on yo ***!!!!11one

seriusly though stfu and stop being so ethnocentric
your **** doesn't smell any better than mine does

I've defiantly seen a hell of alot more people complain about this feature
being missing than just me and aeon.

lashing out at fellow requesters gets you nowhere Mr. Prozac
As a PMBR developer theyoshine, I can officially say we don't care.
I lol'd.

10lols

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
A ha! Watching this gives me an idea!
If the problem we have is characters landing too early, I should find where the game stores the coordinates of the platforms, and alter them on read to move them down further.....that may work and should be easier to do, especially since the stage format is 100% understood.

It may affect other stuff, but its at least a vector of attack I haven't tried yet.
Ledge grabbing?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Crispy, youre right. It may also affect other kinds of thing->ground colllision, like items, fireballs, etc.

Hopefully I can make the code conditional so that it only affects exactly what we want.
I have my usbgecko with me, I just don't have a wii down here in Cocoa, Florida.

If someone actually lives around here I can try to get it done :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom