• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm interested in applying as a programmer under a number of different tasks, but I'm holding out for now until I actually have some real work samples to show off.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Olimar needs a dramatic design shift. Neko had some great ideas for how to do it based around stance change, longer living Pikmin, and keeping the same Pikmin in the front after it attacks. I expanded upon the ideas a bit to include a slower standard B pluck, and only 3 (maybe 4?) pikmin at once, to standardize his character design.

I really need to figure out how to animate better so I can stand a chance of having an impact on this game.

Oh man i'm surprised anyone remembered hahaha.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Me and a friend of mine, talking about how bad my roommate (probably) is at melee:

Cycl0ne (10:08):u should troll your roomate and start talking about how bad the knee was with falcon
Dingding123 (10:09): xD
I bet it'd go right over his head
just like they do when he tried it in melee
ZING
Cycl0ne (10:10): lol
or what was the point of short hopping with laser?
with falco
troll him on falco!! lol
Dingding123 (10:10): xD
oh and you know rest?
LIKE WHAT'S IT SUPPOSED TO DO!?
Cycl0ne (10:11): shining is for noobz
Dingding123 (10:11): yeah reflector's totally useless man, worst move in the game
Cycl0ne (10:11): YUP
Dingding123 (10:11): even the knee is better than that
Cycl0ne (10:12): lol
ask him if he knows the secret behind pichu
lol
Dingding123 (10:12): lolol
Cycl0ne (10:12): watch him say yes
I LOVED FALCOS UP B
Dingding123 (10:13): OH SNAP man isn't it cool!? I did it on my old memory card but I lost it
Cycl0ne (10:13): lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
When is Kirby gonna be in?

I always played Kirby on Dark Sonic's project m at tourneys. His move set was perfect. And DS said he isn't going to be changed so why isn't he in yet?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm most excited for Diddy, honestly...AGT with bananas (if he still has them) will be fantastically fun.

Are there any far-off plans to add any characters not in vBrawl?

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think Mewtwo or Roy would be top priority at the very least especially because they do have movesets to work with rather than making one 100% from scratch.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I also think most people who comment on Olimar have a painfully shallow understanding of how much work went into playing the character in Brawl.
James, I hope you can trust my opinion when I say

not alot.

Olimar's stupid and easy. Manipulating your pikmin order instead of merely reacting to it is the only hard part and it becomes auto with enough practice anyway.

Give him a huge makeover plz.

edit: I don't think the transition from brawl to melee (assuming he was left the same) would hurt him that much as long as he could still pivot grab lol. Fox and Falcon might be the only 2 that would really wreck him.

also who is the worst char in the game currently? do people still think its zard? lol

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i heard plans from the pmbr that white marth was gonna be his own character. true story.

@stingers
it's either gdubs or zard. probably zard.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Random as a character select option is a Brawl newcomer. It's misplaced then.

And you're correct about Kirby.
as a character select option, yes... but you were able to pick a random character by selecting the space next to the CSS in melee... so it's sorta a veteran...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Clearly Sonic is really really bad.

Doesn't even have options. Zard Nair king of the swap people.

PB&J

Smash Hero
do people still think sonic is bad? i thought the wizzy vids would show something but i guess people will just have to play him i guess.

Oh and i do think charizard and g&W can be way better,but thats just my opnion so far. Still have to test them out further

metroid1117

Smash Master
I think G&W is below Charizard... for a "glass cannon," he seems to have too much "glass" and too little "cannon" for my taste.

As a side note, who do you guys think will win PM at The Big House 2? The attendance list has some big names on it like Fly, Kage, and Vro. I'm pretty sure Hungrybox and Mango are thinking of showing up as well (they're featured on the thread title, after all), but I think only Hungrybox would enter PM.

TBH2 is clearly not as big as FC, but who do you guys think will win? I'm betting on either Fly or Vro.

iLink

Smash Champion
I still think GaW is better then people give him credit for. He's at least better then Charizard imo.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
GaW's dair has a meteor portion right? And his Up-b comes out on frame one... Could he potentially have pillar combos a la falco (although most certainly not as good)? Also, uair has amazingly low knockback and lag for juggling. I think he, along with sonic, is better than most people take him for at first sight, better than zard at least, but may still need some work to meet the standards of the rest of the cast.

iLink

Smash Champion
Too much break and not enough hitstun between upb > dair. That and DI.

I just think his SHDB coupled with dtilt and other shenanigans are pretty good.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'll take your word for it- I haven't experimented with him and don't really plan to. I did just read the landing hitbox on dair spikebounces now though... that's pretty epic imo.

But he can't airdodge after up-b even if he jumps afterwards right? I kinda feel like that unnecessarily restricts his mobility, just to make his recovery an extra point below absolute ****...

HEY GUYS
GUYS LISTEN
LISTEN GUYS
I JUST HAD AN I-
GUYS
LISTEN
I JUST HAD AN IDEA
WHAT IF
LISTEN TO THIS
WHAT IF
WE INCORPORATED GANON'S SWORD
BY MAKING HIS NEUTRAL B A COMBINATION OF WARLOCK PUNCH AND MARTH'S VBRAWL NEUTRAL B
LIKE WARLOCK PUNCH IS NOW
BUT WITH SWORD IN HAND, STABBING FORWARD LIKE VBRAWL MARTH
EXTRA RANGE AND EXTRA AWESOMENESS
STILL SLOW AS BALLS AND NEARLY USELESS
BUT EXTRA AWESOME

I actually think it would be awesome.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Can't complain. Old G^W you used Upb and prayed. Sweetspot or not.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mmm... only some of it. Even then, you could take out some of that stuff and you're still left with a character better than these low tier cries lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think their should either be a standard tournament buffer limit or it should be completely outlawed. I also think something needs to be done about the stages and rules for tournaments. What tactics are deemed stalling now...etc. Otherwise it could become an issue of division down the road.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think Sonic is good, but I'll reserve judgement on Wizzrobe until he's playing the same game as the rest of us, and not Super Large-window-to-execute-frame-perfect-**** Bros.

PMS 2 in 2 and a half weeks, who's coming?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
HEY GUYS
GUYS LISTEN
LISTEN GUYS
I JUST HAD AN I-
GUYS
LISTEN
I JUST HAD AN IDEA
WHAT IF
LISTEN TO THIS
WHAT IF
WE INCORPORATED GANON'S SWORD
BY MAKING HIS NEUTRAL B A COMBINATION OF WARLOCK PUNCH AND MARTH'S VBRAWL NEUTRAL B
LIKE WARLOCK PUNCH IS NOW
BUT WITH SWORD IN HAND, STABBING FORWARD LIKE VBRAWL MARTH
EXTRA RANGE AND EXTRA AWESOMENESS
STILL SLOW AS BALLS AND NEARLY USELESS
BUT EXTRA AWESOME

I actually think it would be awesome.
i made a suggestion like this a few hundred (or thousand) pages ago and was told that Ganondorf wasn't gonna have his sword since it would be unnessisary amount of hard work. pretty sure that snake doesn't have a KA-BAR knife in his original moveset tho, not even as a taunt.

or the answer could be "Because Melee"

EDIT: i also miss vBrawl Marth's Shield Breaker lol, but whatever, i play Bowser in this, not Marth

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom