• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I mean regarding balance.
I meant in general. Which includes balance.

Also, in regards to the release of Demo 3, I don't think you guys should start making blogposts on progress until you have a clear release date. That way, when the hype train starts rolling it can maintain momentum without having to slow down for a month or two.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Where did you come from? I thought you died! :(
On an extended hiatus. I burned myself pretty hard out so I had to stop before I lost interested all together lol.

I also had some personal issues that resulted me in seeing a Psych. Turns out, according to the Psychiatrist, there's nothing wrong with me mentally, but the way I'm wired as a person is different from a normal persons, and that I'm an Eccentric, which kinda explains a bit about why i act the way I do.

So the way I went about everything in life caused a lot of stress and how I was going about things in terms of Smash burned me out severely.

But I'm taking care of it and learning ways to help deal with stuff so I can manage better and prevent burnouts and emotional distress. :V

So as a result, I figured I'd stop my hiatus and come back to smash brahs.

Yeah Neko wtf

Come to the next PMS you ****in ghost =[

:phone:
Hai Hai Hai. <3

I'll do so.

MaxThunder

PM Support
so... it seems that dash-attacks that go through shields are able to edge-cancel or something and slide off platforms... and i think the one doing the dash attack will be able to attack first...

so wolf's f-smash seems pretty good on platforms now...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

Am I doing it right?

Also, should I stop playing Fox because I can only play him with a 1-2 frames of buffer? I think I should just give up on him frankly.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Fox just takes assloads of technical practice to play. If anything, your style of gripping the control should conform to your playing of fox rather than the other way around, so if you plan to play him as well as possible, you may need to learn to claw, or rearrange your buttons. So yeah if you're not dedicated enough to practically relearn high level smash then I'd suggest just picking somebody a little more simple. Or if you want the complexity just move to Wolf of Falco or even Lucas.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Fox is tons easier to be consistent with in P:M. Just keep practicing. Slowly decrease your buffer.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Really the only thing I'm messing up is my wave shine on people. The hit lag messes up my timing without buffer. I'm around 2 frames off. :/

jalued

Smash Lord

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
daze doesn't have anything against buffer as a mechanic. It's just that every time someone plays PM while using buffer, daze is stricken with unfortunate sickness.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Do you think that Zair is a viable option for combos? I also didnt notice any upsmashes and am wondering why.

Great link btw, must be nice for him to be a strong character in PM
Zair for combos? I don't think so. Link's got enough strong options for combos. Zair is good for spacing though, but that was in Brawl. Incorporating Zair into a more Melee-like environment is proving challenging. Usmash can be punished hard if it misses so that could be why he's not using it. Utilt is has a lot more options out of it than usmash, so if your enemy is over you, utilt is probably the way to go.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
USmash is nice if you want to clean out a spotdodge from someone on a platform. I'm glad it doesn't have a horrendous hitbox like in Melee, but UTilt is simply really good.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Zair is definitely a good poke when the situation arises, though. You can do some interesting things with it that's for sure.

jalued

Smash Lord
Zair is definitely a good poke when the situation arises, though. You can do some interesting things with it that's for sure.
does it also not have 2 seperate hitboxes? (i don't have PM to hand atm)

If i remember correctly it's pretty good for shield poking, and against larger character like DK it adds anotehr layer of projectiles

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Is it worth it to try and AGT it most of the time? I'm having a lot of trouble doing AGT Zair because I end up dropping too quickly to get the hitbox out. I find myself having to reach SH peak before starting it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
does it also not have 2 seperate hitboxes? (i don't have PM to hand atm)

If i remember correctly it's pretty good for shield poking, and against larger character like DK it adds anotehr layer of projectiles
It does have two hit boxes but I believe you can only get one out with in a SH but I could be wrong. I think Link falls to quickly for Zair to be a solid option in P:M.

EDIT: Also the added landing lag on Zair makes it a lot less attractive too.

Foxy_Faux

Smash Rookie
Fox just takes assloads of technical practice to play. If anything, your style of gripping the control should conform to your playing of fox rather than the other way around, so if you plan to play him as well as possible, you may need to learn to claw, or rearrange your buttons. So yeah if you're not dedicated enough to practically relearn high level smash then I'd suggest just picking somebody a little more simple. Or if you want the complexity just move to Wolf of Falco or even Lucas.
Does anyone know what micro/gripping style Mang0 uses to play Fox?

jalued

Smash Lord
It does have two hit boxes but I believe you can only get one out with in a SH but I could be wrong. I think Link falls to quickly for Zair to be a solid option in P:M.

EDIT: Also the added landing lag on Zair makes it a lot less attractive too.
Then again, because of the hitstun are some brawl combos such as Zair -> DACUS upsmash possible?

iLink

Smash Champion
Is it worth it to try and AGT it most of the time? I'm having a lot of trouble doing AGT Zair because I end up dropping too quickly to get the hitbox out. I find myself having to reach SH peak before starting it.
I haven't found too much use for AGT zair. Only times I ever really do it, besides recovering, is AGT forward just to get a little extra range or back to give myself some quick distance in the air (although I usually use a bomb for that)

Also I just learned how fun SH > z drop > zair bomb is. I hardly think its practical but its fun none the less lol. Maybe if the trajectory was a little more like toonlink's bomb drop arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom