• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Charge Ike's QD until it's fully charged, then press B while Ike is inside his opponent as he zooms past them. If timed correctly, you'll get the Critical Hit.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Then again, because of the hitstun are some brawl combos such as Zair -> DACUS upsmash possible?
That was already kind of a link in Brawl but I'll look into it. Again, the added landing lag to Zair makes options out of it more limited than in Brawl.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do you think that Zair is a viable option for combos? I also didnt notice any upsmashes and am wondering why.

Great link btw, must be nice for him to be a strong character in PM
As others have already said, I haven't found too much use for zair aside from defensive poking. I will try to play around with it more though and see if I find anything useful. As far as upsmashing goes, it's a good move but utilt just leads to so many more things. I can get a 60-80% combo off an utilt or even a gimp(utilt -> bair -> up-b) depending on DI. Upsmash I use as a mix-up when I think they will spotdodge or something to that extent.

And thanks!

Is it worth it to try and AGT it most of the time? I'm having a lot of trouble doing AGT Zair because I end up dropping too quickly to get the hitbox out. I find myself having to reach SH peak before starting it.
AGT zair aside from recovery is mainly good defensively. AGT in general with bombs is amazing and totally worth it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I actually didn't know link could Dacus lol. I guess I just never tried it and assumed it was taken out o.O. Time to come up with more tricks now! lol

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I actually didn't know link could Dacus lol. I guess I just never tried it and assumed it was taken out o.O. Time to come up with more tricks now! lol
Link's DACUS in Brawl went hella far. It was really nice and DAC bomb tosses were pretty neat too. Link in general was slidey with his ATs in Brawl. In P:M, his DAC stuff does not go nearly as far as it used to.

iLink

Smash Champion
Lucas, Link, Snake, Wario, Ganon and, to a lesser extend, falco have a usable dacus.

Wolf has one similar to how sheik's is performed in vbrawl. Not sure if sheik can still do her vbrawl dacus, haven't tried it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'd also like to confirm that a perfect SH Zair can get you both hits of the Zair. This is like discovering Link's metagame all over again :D The good old days.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Love using AGT with bombs. I almost never throw bombs without doing it.
Really? AGT bomb throws feel really awkward for me. I only do them for that "third jump" for recovery. And it's an auto bomb jump (pretty much).

EDIT: Quick note about the zair, you can't really FF. If you FF a zair, you'll only get one hit. Link falls fast enough on his own though, so no biggy really.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's great for positioning and as Tink, well-spaced forward AGT throws can immediately put you in favorable position for following up. I also upward AGT throw down for stalling out spawn invincibility often. I mosty do it backwards away from the opponent as a keep away.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Really the only thing I'm messing up is my wave shine on people. The hit lag messes up my timing without buffer. I'm around 2 frames off. :/
I had this issue too a long time ago. Trust me, the hit lag issue goes away. You just need to make yourself wait a tiny bit longer before sliding over to X (or whatever you use to jump). After a while it gets much easier to do and should become pretty natural to do out of shine.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
What would you use Dacus for anyway?
Occasionally replacing dash attack in tech chases, covering a large amount of ground in a short amount of time while remaining a threat, pongoing Ganon's crotch on the faces of many, etc

Given your status as the Warrior and Smash's own Prince of Darkness, such a maneuver fits you pretty well...

:phone:

:phone:

iLink

Smash Champion
Sheik does not have a dacus in PM.
Are you aware of the special method you had to do it with sheik in vbrawl? You need to do the same to get wolf's. I just haven't tried it with sheik myself.

Ganon's is pretty decent to tech chase with or to use against someone on a platform as a quick surprise attack since it's so fast and long.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I love how adorable classic Tails is.

i know right? man i love classic tails.

Aww yeah.

There should be a Smashboards store where you can cash in your +'s for cool stuff.

Anyway, Neko. I miss your singing Super Sonic Racing<3
once i back to my old skill level ill be glad to sing on stream again.

Tech Chasing. It's less predictable than dash attacks imo since you can reach farther from a stand still. You can also charge the usmash so you can delay when you hit which is something you cant do with dash attack without just running for a while which kinda gives them a better idea of what you might do.

ss118

Smash Master
I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here;
I'm articanus. I play melee competitively and I've been to a few tournaments. Regardless of such, me and a few friends are streaming project m live, so feel free to watch and enjoy/ say we suck! xD
http://www.twitch.tv/articanus

ss118

Smash Master
well that's a bit hard to compete with. ._.'
can someone at least come onto our stream and tell us if you can hear us talk lol.
also charizard nair OP.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
well that's a bit hard to compete with. ._.'
can someone at least come onto our stream and tell us if you can hear us talk lol.
also charizard nair OP.
It sounds like you're underwater, I mean I can hear you, but it sounds a bit weird.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Apply to the backroom!

Hey guys, we are always looking for people to apply to the backroom. Even if you aren't a playtester, we can always use help from people are good at programming, modelling, animating, photoshop, video editing, and other stuff.

Right now, we would really like to wrap up the next batch of character tweaks (i'm not confirming anything, so please dont assume anything!) -- we are particularly looking for crews that are very good at the game that are willing to stress test characters for us and most importantly post videos. And just an fyi, posting videos and images and samples of your work helps your application 100-fold.

Here's the link to the app forum:
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/forum-91.html

thanks.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Olimar needs a dramatic design shift. Neko had some great ideas for how to do it based around stance change, longer living Pikmin, and keeping the same Pikmin in the front after it attacks. I expanded upon the ideas a bit to include a slower standard B pluck, and only 3 (maybe 4?) pikmin at once, to standardize his character design.

I really need to figure out how to animate better so I can stand a chance of having an impact on this game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I personally think people who don't think Olimar can be Melee-ified have a painfully narrow view of what the Melee playstyle comprises.

I also think most people who comment on Olimar have a painfully shallow understanding of how much work went into playing the character in Brawl.

Life

Smash Hero
Olimar could be transfered to PM nearly one-for-one (barring obvious changes like the airdodge and maybe some pikmin AI issues) and be perfectly fine.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually he would probably be pretty underpowered if you did a 1-1 transition. Olimar would have even bigger problems of Pikmin priority losing to stuff with spacies Falcon etc hovering around him constantly, he would lose a lot of OOS punishes/rolling easier to punish. His recovery would be awful even by Melee standards, and the only thing that would salvage him would be new combos like Usmashing multiple times, maybe Uthrow CGing etc. Brawl Olimar works in a slower game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom