• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
the animation is better tho, since it's closer to how Marth actually does it in his games lol. i agree it certainly is much more limited in uses

:phone:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
GaW's dair has a meteor portion right? And his Up-b comes out on frame one... Could he potentially have pillar combos a la falco (although most certainly not as good)? Also, uair has amazingly low knockback and lag for juggling. I think he, along with sonic, is better than most people take him for at first sight, better than zard at least, but may still need some work to meet the standards of the rest of the cast.
There are a lot of small things that make current GnW interesting as a character, I think (DACUS is pretty great)... but ultimately he's not canon-y and too much glass-y to really be effective barring completely outplaying the other player. This coming from a P:M GnW main from Demo 1. I wish he could air dodge out of Up-B again.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Manipulating your pikmin order instead of merely reacting to it is the only hard part and it becomes auto with enough practice anyway.
You say this as though everyone gets line manipulation. A quick glance through a lot of previous posts about Olimar reveals that not everyone does.

The fact that just about everyone and their brother wants Pluck to be slower should tell you just how poorly Olimar is understood.

leelue

Smash Lord
smashmods.com/forum/thread-5083-post-90602.html#pid90602

All of my matches there are sadly against Ryan K, who is pretty close to being the best player in the state, if not actually so.
A lot of our matches were trolling, but I know sonic falcon was serious

Also in the list yoshi gave you, I should have sets that day in losers against cmart, vist, plank, and chillin. In that order I think.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion

All of my matches there are sadly against Ryan K, who is pretty close to being the best player in the state, if not actually so.

Also in the list yoshi gave you, I should have sets that day in losers against cmart, vist, plank, and chillin. In that order I think.
Naaaaaaaah.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman

Sonic games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2klOQHZUqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j3m1olUDPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j3m1olUDPQ

Said matches from VG Boot Camp

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ok so I gave P:M another try. I do not intend to treat it like Melee or use any of my spacies in it, I am treating it like an entirely different game (I personally don't agree with the title "Melee 2.0")

Why is there Toon Link but no Roy? IMO the playstyle of Roy vs Marth was much more different than Link vs Young Link. Roy was a fast SHFFL'er with more similar combos to Fox than Marth. Is it just because there needs to be a Jiggs counter? (I am going to play Jiggs, Hbox style)

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Ok so I gave P:M another try. I do not intend to treat it like Melee or use any of my spacies in it, I am treating it like an entirely different game (I personally don't agree with the title "Melee 2.0")

Why is there Toon Link but no Roy? IMO the playstyle of Roy vs Marth was much more different than Link vs Young Link. Roy was a fast SHFFL'er with more similar combos to Fox than Marth. Is it just because there needs to be a Jiggs counter? (I am going to play Jiggs, Hbox style)
No roy because no clone engine

iLink

Smash Champion
Because they do not want to remove any characters and it is currently impossible to add more characters without replacing another.

Ninja'd

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

dang sounds like it tortures you to play. why not play the spacies like they're slightly different since its an "entirely different" game.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
dang sounds like it tortures you to play. why not play the spacies like they're slightly different since its an "entirely different" game.
I'm not going to play anyone I played in Melee or Brawl, so I'm going with someone that doesn't take much tech skill and can just press buttons (Jiggs)

Although, I did try the spacies out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3EkoDKaVA0

ss118

Smash Master
I don't think Charizard and G+W are the worst characters by any means. If anything I really think that Wario is mediocre as all get out, which is bad in this game.

The only other characters that I feel are underwhelming in any regard are Wolf, Lucas, and Pit. I think that's probably because I don't use any of them and the only one I've played against are my friend's(who has trouble making Sheik seem good vs Marth in melee), so that's probably the reason. Wolf and Lucas I think have potential just because of the nature of their "shines" which I haven't tapped into yet. Pit might also be really good once we have more control of his arrows. Regardless, I hold the opinion that Wario is very mediocre, and therefore the worst character.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well... He was using buffer there. Lol.
JK buffer hardly affects wario except that breaking shield pressure becomes supar easyar
Which is a big deal if you're playing against Spacies
Which he was...

Life

Smash Hero
>sonic with a buffer is good
>"Oh, it's just the buffer, wait till he turns it off"
>posts link to video of wario with buffer

Nah, but seriously, I have no idea how wario is supposed to be played so I can't really tell if he's as bad as everyone says.

abcool

Smash Ace
Wario is NOT a bad character. Picture Samus in Melee without good players like HugS to show off the potential. She only has a few bad matchups, but it's how effectively you use the character that counts. Wario is the same he just doesn't have flashy moves. So people think he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom