• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
In all honesty, I think wario needs to be played similar to jigglypuff.

Except with more tech chasing.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You say this as though everyone gets line manipulation. A quick glance through a lot of previous posts about Olimar reveals that not everyone does.

The fact that just about everyone and their brother wants Pluck to be slower should tell you just how poorly Olimar is understood.
Olimar is one of the most stupidly designed characters in any fighting game. It doesn't matter how much skill is needed to use him; his design is ridiculous.

Like you remember CT Arakune? It's exactly like that.

ss118

Smash Master
I dunno. I love Reflex and all, but that video left a really underwhelming impression. He first ***** a Bowser that wasn't even abusing his surprising mobility among other stuff, and I was like "does he switch to Falco and **** Wario now? lol"... only to watch the 2nd match and say "damn."

I do give that Reflex made Wario seem better, and now I have a decent idea of how he's supposed to be played in that regard. I'll give him another shot I guess.

Also Link boomerang top tier bro.

Revven

FrankerZ
Anyone who thinks Mewtwo is crap needs to watch this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZAeGBnlT8

I don't feel like Wario is crap. Just compared to most of the cast, he's underwhelming. Still totally viable though.
You know what I meant with the video. A lot of people don't know how to play Wario and there have been zero videos of a good Wario (outside of JCz's).

So that's why I said what I said and posted it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar Me, cmart, Nintendude, Vanguard, CTL, and more tonight.

I've been working on a new songlist for a few weeks and I was going to debut it tonight, but there are some technical difficulties with that unfortunately. But it's something to look forward to in the future anyway.

abcool

Smash Ace
I wanna know the secret to running a smooth stream. My stream lags hard even when i have the bitrate low. Who in here knows the secrets to running a solid stream for a game like smash?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A lot of Wario talk at LIMBO with Reflex mainly consisted of approach issues, situational or odd aesthetics (>B bouncing off walls, crouched >B's utility), and 2-frame Bair, maybe some other things too that I don't immediately remember. He'd have the specifics on it.

iLink

Smash Champion
Were you saying the hitbox starts on frame 2 or is active for 2 frames? Because it's definitely not 2 frame startup.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Were you saying the hitbox starts on frame 2 or is active for 2 frames? Because it's definitely not 2 frame startup.
he's saying that they thought it only lasts for 2 frames
Yeah, hitbox definitely comes out later than 2 frames lol. Just don't know how long it lasts.

Bair lasts for like four years though.
Maybe it does, I don't remember that subject as much as the others. It certainly looks like it lasts forever.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Could someone help me out? I don't know if any of these are already answered, but

- What is the best download that doesn't involve something like homebrew or such?

- How do I download it and put it on my wii?

- Can I play this and regular brawl on the same wii?

- One time I though I heard you had to delete all your Custom stages to get this. Is this true?

I'd love to play P:M, but this stuff is what I'd like to know before I try to get it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Could someone help me out? I don't know if any of these are already answered, but

- What is the best download that doesn't involve something like homebrew or such?

- How do I download it and put it on my wii?

- Can I play this and regular brawl on the same wii?

- One time I though I heard you had to delete all your Custom stages to get this. Is this true?

I'd love to play P:M, but this stuff is what I'd like to know before I try to get it.
- Hackless. If you want to play on WiFi and/or save replays, use the WiFi build. If you don't care for WiFi or saving replay files, use the Full Build.

- Download the Hackless (WiFi or Full) build, unzip the downloaded file, then place the contents in your SD card. After this, make sure all custom stages are deleted then proceed to the custom stage builder.

-You can play regular brawl if you do not have the SD card in when playing Brawl. You can play PM by going to the custom stage builder and it will load Project M.

-You must delete all of your custom stage files on your wii AND SD card in order to use the Hackless build of Project M.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Two-frame B-Air hitbox was probably an exaggeration, but (also) probably not by much. Despite what the animation looks like, the hitbox disappears really quickly. You can't effectively wall or poke with it as a result, given that you're supposed to weave so much, so his one ranged aerial ends up being kind of bad for anything but finishing a combo with (and it's not even particularly good at -that-).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
- Hackless. If you want to play on WiFi and/or save replays, use the WiFi build. If you don't care for WiFi or saving replay files, use the Full Build.

- Download the Hackless (WiFi or Full) build, unzip the downloaded file, then place the contents in your SD card. After this, make sure all custom stages are deleted then proceed to the custom stage builder.

-You can play regular brawl if you do not have the SD card in when playing Brawl. You can play PM by going to the custom stage builder and it will load Project M.

-You must delete all of your custom stage files on your wii AND SD card in order to use the Hackless build of Project M.
Thanks! Though I am a little sad to delete all my CS obstacle courses. :( I guess I'll just save them either on another SD or on Paint :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Two-frame B-Air hitbox was probably an exaggeration, but (also) probably not by much. Despite what the animation looks like, the hitbox disappears really quickly. You can't effectively wall or poke with it as a result, given that you're supposed to weave so much, so his one ranged aerial ends up being kind of bad for anything but finishing a combo with (and it's not even particularly good at -that-).
Yeah... Wario WARIO!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
In my experience, it's a solid retreating aerial when you're low to the ground (and don't have to sit through its awful endlag). It is not at all a reliable poke unless you're moving away or you know it will connect with something.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Reflex, I'm just curious; what changes do you think Wario needs to be a "good" character? I'm sure you've answered this before, but your answer might've changed after the tournament last Saturday.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
currently hes just a frankenstein monster of random move ideas with no real cohesiveness behind it, they need to figure out what they want to do with wario and stick to it

Tmacc

Smash Lord
currently hes just a frankenstein monster of random move ideas with no real cohesiveness behind it, they need to figure out what they want to do with wario and stick to it
^ Exactly. That's one of the reasons I don't enjoy him much...I have trouble figuring out what the ideas behind his move-set were...even though he can be pretty fun.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Could someone explain the sweetspot on his Uair? Its like the size of a Pea and below his ***.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Thanks! Though I am a little sad to delete all my CS obstacle courses. :( I guess I'll just save them either on another SD or on Paint :p
You should just go ahead and hack your Wii. Nintendo probably isn't going to make another update at this point and you can use mods for other games and emulators for your Wii once you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom