• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
But it will, or will it be left out? I don't think it makes much of a difference anyhow but I would like to know. I've also notice that in B+(using Mario) the first Fireball doesn't force a getup, but the second one does, you can check out how it works but your code being KB based, instead of % based, if it works alright, it will be accepted :), and...I'm Hyped!!! :lick:

shanus

Smash Hero
But it will, or will it be left out? I don't think it makes much of a difference anyhow but I would like to know. I've also notice that in B+(using Mario) the first Fireball doesn't force a getup, but the second one does, you can check out how it works but your code being KB based, instead of % based, if it works alright, it will be accepted :), and...I'm Hyped!!! :lick:
My fix doesn't work yet. I need to explore it further.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
@Almas

So it was Fuzzyness. Haha, I was right. ;) Did he play Falcon? You know, it's his Melee main and all so I thought he would try him out. He has a mean Puff too.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Played this on Sunday cuz Almas brought it to a tourney. Very, very fun game. Can't wait to play it again. =D

Me & Fuzzy **** in P:M dubs as well yeeee

shanus

Smash Hero
so i finally got jab resets working through a very ghetto means. This is by no means a final code, and doesn't behave 100% like melee, but is a pretty suitable test code in the meanwhile.

Behold, the most ghetto code of all time:

During the Start of Lay down:

Set a variable = your current Hp
If your current hp <= 40 (this is to prevent infinites since this code doesn't account for knockback)
Set Heavy armor = 4%
End If

Looped during the lay:

If Var < Current HP
Change Action Get-Up
End If

So ghetto yet so awesome :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Is that also coded for the missed tech bounce as well? Or, the part of the missed tech when you are in contact with the ground. :p

shanus

Smash Hero
Is that also coded for the missed tech bounce as well? Or, the part of the missed tech when you are in contact with the ground. :p
The missed bounce I coded to match melee exactly a la Magus' inputs. The only difficult part of the code was the hit while downWait which idescribed previously.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah, I know the feeling of ghetto codes through game programming. It's that particular effect you're looking for even when the process is greatly inefficient ;). I hope you clean it up. It's usually a one-stone-two-birds process at least in my experience (you know, the code becomes more efficient and the nature of the effect is much more desirable and naturally has no/few side effects on anything).

So, tuning jab reset and coding crouch canceling are the things to look for before the next possible trailer I assume?

Rikana

Smash Champion
will DK keep his bair range? and regain his knockback at the start of his up b
Don't know about the bAir range but I'm sure the knockback from the start of upB will make it in. It is trying to be more like Melee after all. Unless the Brawl version of certain things are better.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
strong-hit upB is in the OP.

also, thanks for the clarifications on those questions, though i'm still not sure what will become of ness/lucas/diddy crashing into the ledges.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
DK needs minor gravity tweaks but is otherwise looking pretty good.

-Giant punch range, duration, SFX meleefied.
-Nair hitboxes and animation fixed up a bit
-Bair animation tweaked to be the melee-styled sex bair
-Grounded Up-B sweetspot hit is back

...among other things. Don't worry about DK.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Is DK going to get a luigi effect? Where you press B rapidly and he gains some height?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Nope. Picture Melee DK. Now picture him with a really solid killing D-smash, a much more useful down-B and side-B, a better shield, and some general KB tweaks (off the top of my head). He's a beast, no doubt about it.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
O-oh yeah! He's...Really gone APE! heh...

man, it feels like the more there is to read about it, the less anxious i'll feel about this. but, in the end, i can't help but let the hype ruin that. it's like...this is the same way b+ went, where a big wave of mod possibilities was pushing through, and all the new stuff was being utilized to a great extent by them. now P:M is doing this, and it's as though this one disc, this game i bought my wii for, has become at the least three games now. and i wanna play this one a lot. a whole lot.

once that model builder is implemented, i'm going balls to the wall insane waiting for this to come, waiting for zero to be polished, waiting for geno to have a really good model (i hope), waiting for everything to happen. it's a warm, spring day, and dark clouds are on the horizon...ahem

gentlemen, please make it precipitate.

jalued

Smash Lord
O-oh yeah! He's...Really gone APE! heh...

man, it feels like the more there is to read about it, the less anxious i'll feel about this. but, in the end, i can't help but let the hype ruin that. it's like...this is the same way b+ went, where a big wave of mod possibilities was pushing through, and all the new stuff was being utilized to a great extent by them. now P:M is doing this, and it's as though this one disc, this game i bought my wii for, has become at the least three games now. and i wanna play this one a lot. a whole lot.

once that model builder is implemented, i'm going balls to the wall insane waiting for this to come, waiting for zero to be polished, waiting for geno to have a really good model (i hope), waiting for everything to happen. it's a warm, spring day, and dark clouds are on the horizon...

MAKE IT RAIN OH GOD
^^
drugs are bad

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Ok one question about some fundamentals... you know how when you jump on do some type of ariel in brawl its really easy to buffer a turn? I found myself doing this alot accidentally when transferring from melee to brawl, will this be removed? Also there is the whole "isai's platform drop" where you do a shfflc or maybe a laser and do forward down quater circle motion to fall through platforms quicker... will this be in also?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Ok one question about some fundamentals... you know how when you jump on do some type of ariel in brawl its really easy to buffer a turn? I found myself doing this alot accidentally when transferring from melee to brawl, will this be removed? Also there is the whole "isai's platform drop" where you do a shfflc or maybe a laser and do forward down quater circle motion to fall through platforms quicker... will this be in also?
The first is just the result of brawl's universal buffering system. The second... I thought that was already in brawl?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Oh, that reminded me (sort of). It might be an obvious answer, but any character that got really dumb fall special landing animations (DK, Luigi, Bowser, Mario, others) won't have that in this, right?

A tip for Ness and Lucas on PKT2 would be making them rebound off walls like light on a mirror (angle of contact is identical to angle of rebound). They did that in 64 and I believe in Melee. It would at least remove the problems of gimping themselves, but still require good accuracy for a sweetspot. However, if backwards ledgegrabbing is removed, they still can't recover. That's only if this will be removed.

I guess you could do the same for Diddy.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
The first is just the result of brawl's universal buffering system. The second... I thought that was already in brawl?
I'm not sure... I've tried with certain characters but it just didn't seem like it was the same. Maybe because of the lack of L cancelling. I haven't seen any falco players do it with lasers or anything either, but i my be wrong. I haven't played brawl in a long time.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm not sure... I've tried with certain characters but it just didn't seem like it was the same. Maybe because of the lack of L cancelling. I haven't seen any falco players do it with lasers or anything either, but i my be wrong. I haven't played brawl in a long time.
Well, I know you can drop through platforms without dropping your shield, and can do so instantly, which I'm pretty sure is the same mechanic you're talking about.

Magus420

Smash Master
You don't Isai drop after an l-cancel anyway. You do it on autocanceled and normal landings. When aerial atk lag ends you go into stand which is already IASAable into a platform drop. The normal landing in Melee is actually half a second long but after only a few frames is IASAable into almost anything and a platform drop isn't one of them. Isai drop is IASAing the landing into a walk which then will allow a platform drop out of the walk.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
important stuff

The purpose of my subject is to share two points witch I think are vital to the evolution of this game …
First, i want to thanks the amazing effort and the great job that everyone did to make survive the game for the real smash players. You guys really gonna made my wii worth its stupid price .

in melee the control allow you to short up and at the same time press the up arrow + A button and... do your crazy S**ts …. Instead of doing THE THING (the atk) (in brawl.. or brawl + 7.0 cause in the 6.0 they fixed that probleme..) it unlock the second jump , you know what I mean ,(it goes right away to the second jump ??) now that you know probably that I am definetly a capt falcon player ( no secrets between us ) I ask you with all the respect i have for you guys … can this thing be solve ?? Its simple but crucial for the advanced player (essencial for those who play c.falcon)

Ok I'll explain it better ..:
To connect 80% of combos you need the ¨up atk¨ while mid air ¨super¨foward jump, but you need to do it at the exact same time falcon leave the ground (the atk),so in 7.0.2—> if you raise up the directional stick a little up in the same time you leave the ground ,exacly after jumping, to perform the up atk ¨A button¨ insted of doing the up atk it activate the second jump…. (this technique is called ¨precised aim¨ in north america.. (montreal) Few could understand the true potencial of this technique.. but trust me you dont want to play with someone who control it (you'ill become a master devastating power machine) lol..but true…

(In 6.0 they (brawl+) fixed that problem.. try it ! worth the try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..rk9qyYADnQ

Look at the ¨up atk¨ he does at 1.07min.. you cannot perform it with super mid air jump with the c stick.. the fraction of second you lose.. (the time you're thumb goes right on the c stick .. its too late.. you lose the target..) you neeeed to do it with the UP ¨A¨ button ..But in 7.0 when you do the UP in question.. it unlock the second jump.. Pleaaaaase dont make that mistake

Here's another point but, maybe that part is completely stupid or maybe not… up to you guys
When the captain falcon's air raptor boost touch a ¨grounded¨ opponent …The opponent raise up in the air with the extra pup up of c.falcon… Very nice but why the opponent unlock quicker then c.falcon ?

(We played for 9 years.. non-stop...) ..**** im really crazy though

Oh .. theres another thing.. After the upB of fox.. when he comeback on ground.. In melee, he's not locked on the ground as in brawl.. (its like an automatic L-cancel..)

Thanks for all youre fantastic effort.. wow

Hope im not gonna die before its release.. :p

(And no i dont have cancer... and im not sick ..it was a joke of course)

p.s. if you guys like this kind of coment, it will be more then our pleasure to keep you posted with further notice on that kind of technical glitch.... up to you guys just let me know and thanks again for you attention.

kupo15

Smash Hero
too bad the vid is choppy for me so I can't get a proper camera assessment. Its also hard to find a good way to compare the two cameras since the camera is different for each stage, but judging on what I saw from PS2, I think there is too much extra room behind the characters. Its either that is not set right or the zoom just can't keep up properly yet.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE=Wall Of ???]The purpose of my subject is to share two points witch I think are vital to the evolution of this game …
First, i want to thanks the amazing effort and the great job that everyone did to make survive the game for the real smash players. You guys really gonna made my wii worth its stupid price .

in melee the control allow you to short up and at the same time press the up arrow + A button and... do your crazy S**ts …. Instead of doing THE THING (the atk) (in brawl.. or brawl + 7.0 cause in the 6.0 they fixed that probleme..) it unlock the second jump , you know what I mean ,(it goes right away to the second jump ??) now that you know probably that I am definetly a capt falcon player ( no secrets between us ) I ask you with all the respect i have for you guys … can this thing be solve ?? Its simple but crucial for the advanced player (essencial for those who play c.falcon)

Ok I'll explain it better ..:
To connect 80% of combos you need the ¨up atk¨ while mid air ¨super¨foward jump, but you need to do it at the exact same time falcon leave the ground (the atk),so in 7.0.2—> if you raise up the directional stick a little up in the same time you leave the ground ,exacly after jumping, to perform the up atk ¨A button¨ insted of doing the up atk it activate the second jump…. (this technique is called ¨precised aim¨ in north america.. (montreal) Few could understand the true potencial of this technique.. but trust me you dont want to play with someone who control it (you'ill become a master devastating power machine) lol..but true…

(In 6.0 they (brawl+) fixed that problem.. try it ! worth the try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..rk9qyYADnQ

Look at the ¨up atk¨ he does at 1.07min.. you cannot perform it with super mid air jump with the c stick.. the fraction of second you lose.. (the time you're thumb goes right on the c stick .. its too late.. you lose the target..) you neeeed to do it with the UP ¨A¨ button ..But in 7.0 when you do the UP in question.. it unlock the second jump.. Pleaaaaase dont make that mistake

Here's another point but, maybe that part is completely stupid or maybe not… up to you guys
When the captain falcon's air raptor boost touch a ¨grounded¨ opponent …The opponent raise up in the air with the extra pup up of c.falcon… Very nice but why the opponent unlock quicker then c.falcon ?

(We played for 9 years.. non-stop...) ..**** im really crazy though

Oh .. theres another thing.. After the upB of fox.. when he comeback on ground.. In melee, he's not locked on the ground as in brawl.. (its like an automatic L-cancel..)

Thanks for all youre fantastic effort.. wow

Hope im not gonna die before its release.. :p

(And no i dont have cancer... and im not sick ..it was a joke of course)

p.s. if you guys like this kind of coment, it will be more then our pleasure to keep you posted with further notice on that kind of technical glitch.... up to you guys just let me know and thanks again for you attention.[/COLLAPSE]
Looks awfully familiar.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Apparently SH Uair with the control stick works in B+ 6.0 but not B+ 7.0 or vBrawl.

Also, Aerial Raptor Boost is at a disadvantage on hit on a grounded opponent. And Firefox doesn't have landing lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom