• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Aw. I missed the stream cause I thought it would be entirely Brawl+. Oh well. Anything interesting happened?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Glick's rage if that's interesting enough for ya. XD

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Aw. I missed the stream cause I thought it would be entirely Brawl+. Oh well. Anything interesting happened?
The stream was 1000 times better than last time. My confidence has been restored to 100%. Still needs some things but for the most part it's going along well.

shanus

Smash Hero
got some really positive and solid feedback from the top melee players in england, good news for all!

Rikana

Smash Champion
got some really positive and solid feedback from the top melee players in england, good news for all!
I'm curious to know specifically who (game name) said what, such as the mechanics or character specifics. Mind sharing? :p

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm curious to know specifically who (game name) said what, such as the mechanics or character specifics. Mind sharing? :p
I don't know their names, I got the feedback indirectly from Almas citing the top melee players there playing it.

In his own words, "one of the top melee players did crazy **** with fox after 10 minutes of adapting, then switched to ike and did even crazier stuff."

Either way, even if we have a long ways to go, its looking like people are enjoying it and feel pretty content with the progress made thus far.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
The stream was all kinds of awesome and showed not only how much farther you guys have to go, but how far you've been able to take this project. It's not even close to finished and I was amazed at what I saw. Thanks a lot for doing one.

Concerning Ganon, does his forward smash have the same knockback it had before or does it have the knockback the animation implies it should have? I was too busy noticing what a genius idea it was to really look how it hit but I remember people complaining it was too good. I love the idea, I just hope you can tilt it.

Speaking of which, his curb stomb was hilarious :chuckle:

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
ok I won't but the one that is here I'll leave it but as private

sorry if I did wrong, it's just that, PR on my name means "Puerto Rico" and we would love to be part of the project

might you guys trust a puerto rican with the proud honor to be of P:M of being a tester, we have some good players around the island and I'm not meaning random people like me, but like the ones you know from pound 4 and many world wide activities

lord HDL, bubbleman, eval, idk there are some of them, you can try to talk to em if they want to be part of it, as I read on some posts, random people won't be take seriously to be alpha/beta testers, and that "intelligent posters" will mostly be the right candidates

you can make valtrox an alpha tester perhaps he has been posting by along time (puertorrican player I'm pointings) me maybe not since I'm only hyped with this project I was never as good in melee, nor brawl

but some puertorricans would like to play such a nice game ^^

EDIT:

and I do know if someone is selected as a tester, that person should not give the codeset of P:M to nobody, only use for testing issues in smashfests/tourneys or gatherings, friendlies would be great for testing, and we can have some more posters to post here with some opinions on how the game is flowing
Maybe you didnt know but I'm an alpha tester and am puertorrican, so yeah this game is already in puerto rico

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Lulz, Ganon's Warlock F-smash feedback has been all over the place. Some love it. Some hate it. Some think that the KB should be Melee vertical, others bawrl horizontal. If it's staying it needs some polish and then must be re-evaluated. If it's still getting a mix of negative feedback it'll just be reverted to exact melee stats.

The important message is that we're not going to force any ill-received changes. We take constructive feedback very seriously.
And yes, you can angle it :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The stream was 1000 times better than last time. My confidence has been restored to 100%. Still needs some things but for the most part it's going along well.
Dang, I wish I wasn't so tired that day. It sounded like a ton of fun to watch D:

Rikana

Smash Champion
Dang, I wish I wasn't so tired that day. It sounded like a ton of fun to watch D:
Yeah. I kept asking if they were going to stream Proj.M later on and I never got an answer so I just left assuming they were going to stream Brawl+ all day long. Oh well, I'm sure there will be future Proj.M streams to look forward to.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Lulz, Ganon's Warlock F-smash feedback has been all over the place. Some love it. Some hate it. Some think that the KB should be Melee vertical, others bawrl horizontal. If it's staying it needs some polish and then must be re-evaluated. If it's still getting a mix of negative feedback it'll just be reverted to exact melee stats.

The important message is that we're not going to force any ill-received changes. We take constructive feedback very seriously.
And yes, you can angle it :p
Noticed that. I still stand that the idea is pure genius and I hope enough people get over it enough to want it in.

That's all I needed to hear. Nice work :chuckle:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's my bad. We were gonna stream B+ all night if we could get a preview Gold set, but since that didn't happen, we switched to P:M after a few hours (and our # of viewers jumped by like 10 :p).

Rikana

Smash Champion
Are you guys going to "fix" the part where, in Brawl+, you snap on the ledge if you hit them with your upB even if it was shielded? I'm sure you guys will find a code to work around that since that isn't very melee'esque.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I was much more interested in having a HAD in the game compared to the MAD on its own but it wouldn't hurt to try out a version without the BAD. If in the end it makes a better game it'd be worth it I guess.

I'm not sure if something has been done about it, but what ended up happening with the situation where if you hit someone on your way up with your UpB you'd auto-snap to the ledge like you did in vBrawl?
They removed it in Brawl+ some time ago. Obviously it won't happen in P:M either.

About foregoing HAD and straight-out implementing MAD... I'm not sure what I think on the matter concretely just yet. Part of me wishes for BAD to stay, since it does have benefits, and the higher gravity would nerf it in several ways.

However, if ever we gain the ability to tether onto walls... then having a non-directional MAD rather than a BAD would be awesome. In Melee, I loved going off the stage with Link, using a neutral airdodge, then hookshotting the wall and canceling it immediately, grabbing the ledge, then ledge-jumping into a fair or dair. Felt good man.
They've removed it apparently. And no I'm not quoting those because I expected you to have read them ages ago, I do it so you can rapidly find the answer.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Quoting that was a good move. I didn't know what key words (besides auto snap but that can end up with so many results) to search for this kind of question so thanks for letting me know. I never really noticed if it was removed in Brawl+ or not. I gotta do some testing with 7.0 when it comes out without freezing. Thanks.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
with ledges in mind, you guys'll be shortening the grab range, right? can't be melee-esque with a huge disparity in precision like that...on the other hand, it's an interesting defense against onstage gimps. but that's why the game's so fast, so as to make those gimps require great timing!

on another note, what'll happen with ness, lucas, and diddy upBs? ness didn't just bounce off ledges in melee, and the way diddy's recovery works when it hits ledges just seems sloppy to me, even if fixing that recovery flaw was intentionally disregarded.

kupo15

Smash Hero
with ledges in mind, you guys'll be shortening the grab range, right? can't be melee-esque with a huge disparity in precision like that...on the other hand, it's an interesting defense against onstage gimps. but that's why the game's so fast, so as to make those gimps require great timing!

on another note, what'll happen with ness, lucas, and diddy upBs? ness didn't just bounce off ledges in melee, and the way diddy's recovery works when it hits ledges just seems sloppy to me, even if fixing that recovery flaw was intentionally disregarded.
Trust me. When you play against good players, a little more than sometimes staying on the stage is not enough to get it done. You have to venture off the stage with great precision which is a really scary thing in melee.

jalued

Smash Lord
Trust me. When you play against good players, a little more than sometimes staying on the stage is not enough to get it done. You have to venture off the stage with great precision which is a really scary thing in melee.
for diddy i would just reduce the time for him to charge his upB, since the gravity is higher, and maybe give him more available angles. He doesnt need a good recovery at all

shanus

Smash Hero
for diddy i would just reduce the time for him to charge his upB, since the gravity is higher, and maybe give him more available angles. He doesnt need a good recovery at all
Diddy needs no help right now, with AGT he is scary

jalued

Smash Lord
good to hear news from Diddy, he'll be one of my characters in P:M
^ tiers are for queers

i play sheik in melee cause i dont have the patience to learn tech skill :p

oh and i have a mate who was there and got to play some project M fox ... apparently he thinks it feels kinda like mlee, but waveshining is too easy relative to melee. is it possible to tighten the timing?

shanus

Smash Hero
^ tiers are for queers

i play sheik in melee cause i dont have the patience to learn tech skill :p

oh and i have a mate who was there and got to play some project M fox ... apparently he thinks it feels kinda like mlee, but waveshining is too easy relative to melee. is it possible to tighten the timing?
Basically waveshining feels easy because wavedashes as a whole are easier to perform. This again is all due to one simple fact: landing detection.

Since you land *significantly* earlier in brawl, the window to perform a near perfect wavedash is higher. As such, waveshining as a whole is easier because doing a solid wavedash has easier timing.

So, when we get a landing detection code, the timing will automatically be "tighter."

P.S. After a long long time, I finally got a working jab reset code working which works *very* similarly to melee. The only caveat is that rather than being damage % based, its knockback based.

jalued

Smash Lord
Basically waveshining feels easy because wavedashes as a whole are easier to perform. This again is all due to one simple fact: landing detection.

Since you land *significantly* earlier in brawl, the window to perform a near perfect wavedash is higher. As such, waveshining as a whole is easier because doing a solid wavedash has easier timing.

So, when we get a landing detection code, the timing will automatically be "tighter."

P.S. After a long long time, I finally got a working jab reset code working which works *very* similarly to melee. The only caveat is that rather than being damage % based, its knockback based.
does that make a difference? since knockback is related to %, i cant think of any jab reset options that wouldnt work

Almas

Smash Lord
I notice a couple of pages back a reference was made to people from England who gave advice.

The fox player referred to was Fuzzyness, the best Melee player in England. In the course of about 30 seconds playing he started performing Fox tricks similar to Melee. He also picked up on a glitch and discovered what will probably be shown to be another glitch (involving wavedashing out of a shield).

Another player who expressed a large interest was Kira, who placed 3rd in Brawl at the tournament (which was a national, so is a good representation of his skill). With luck, one or both of these players will be willing to take up a more active role in developing the game.

Prof Pro (2nd best in England, most technical player) expressed an interest in the game but was busy playing money matches. He tried to have an attempt at checking out techskill but was handed a fox controller with wacked out buttons (R for attack or similar).

The game was on a TV for over half the time the tournament was open and received a fair bit of attention - a lot of the top melee players agreed that at some indeterminate point in the future the game seemed like it would be likely to be sufficiently close to emulating melee to be worth playing as an alternative.

As to the tournament itself, I failed to get out of pools (winning one set), and in doubles went straight out with my partner. I'm out of practice at Melee =*(, although I probably would have been eliminated anyway.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Diddy can single naner techchase you all day by just z-catching his bananas then AGT. Which is pryi gud for someone like him.

Did you guys ever fix landing detection? I know Brawl has the silliest way of dealing with flags, which is responsible for things like Klaw Hopping and ISJR, people count as landed in Brawl before they really land which makes L-canceling weird. Though I wouldn't mind that if light presses worked.

Ahh I just wanna mess around with this game and find fun stuff like B+ all over again...

shanus

Smash Hero
Light presses already work.

Landing detection is a complex problem though

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Shanus, I dunno how it's called, but when you shield Marth's up B on the stage's edge(facing the center of the stage) you get knock out of the stage by his UpB and grab the edge, causing Marth to die, will this be in? just wondering cause i think the only character it will affect is Marth

iLink

Smash Champion
What's ISJR?
Infinite Second Jump Recovery, it's where you are just above the ground during the finishing frames of an attack and you can do another jump afterwards without actually touching the ground. It's the same thing as bowser's claw hoping with side-b basically.

shanus

Smash Hero
Shanus, I dunno how it's called, but when you shield Marth's up B on the stage's edge(facing the center of the stage) you get knock out of the stage by his UpB and grab the edge, causing Marth to die, will this be in? just wondering cause i think the only character it will affect is Marth
That requires light shielding (a separate entity from shielding in which the light press scales the shield size and decay rate), which hasnt been programmed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom