• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol. Mango's marth isn't bad. Considering he never uses marth every that i've seen. He must bee keeping it hidden for a special event if M2K ever should make it to finals against him again.:(.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
lolwut

usmash after a CG never, EVER happens. I have probably seen 20 Marth vids where usmash was used. BTW I've watched TONS of Marth vids. Dsmash, are you serious? This move is garbage. It has almost zero uses.
I HAVE seen Usmash after chaingrabs a couple of times, looks great, maybe not the best option(since yo can Fsmash anyway) but it does work. Dsmash is bad, not garage though

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if it seems out of topic, but what of Ganondorf's down tilt and down smash?

The down tilt from Melee, Captain Falcon's dtilt, looked smooth and knocks the opponent skyward for a neat set-up (should good DI not come into play). Is Ganondorf's dtilt going to emulate this in animation and connection, connection only, or not at all? Knowing you guys, you must already have something different in mind, but that is fine with me (Mario is keeping F.L.U.D.D after all.).

As for that old Ganon's dsmash, it was faster, but its purpose was the same as its original: if an opponent was hit from the front, it would likely send them towards the back kick, while the back kick held the power.

As a cosmetic change (that isn't needed, but could probably be put in for old times sake in another build), but I noticed that Melee and Brawl's Camera KO animations were different. Melee had the character hit the camera with his/her back (as long as they weren't in Flat Zone, but why would they be?) while Brawl had the character facing the camera, hitting it while looking like he/she is in his/her tumble animation. Just a little preponderance, nothing too serious.

At least I'm finally playing Melee again (now that I have the disc).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i agree that downsmash is almost never the best option but it can be used if tiped to punish jiggs rest and is as powerful as tiped fsmash
It kills Jiggs at 50% on FD IIRC.
Looks like someone hasn't been studying Cactuar or LOL Master.
Played 'em both. The only thing I remember from Cactus is all of his ridiculous Power Shields. LOL Master is ****, but I didn't get hit by a usmash or dsmash in our matches.
It's Mango >_>

He doesn't count lol

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
OK, so, for anyone jumping out of their skin to help with this but don't have any PSA knowledge, I have something you can do.

I'm collecting what frame what sound plays on for every character in Melee, so that I can create a sound replacement pack. This is tedious as all ****, and although I'm willing to do it, I could certainly use some help.

Instructions

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I can get ahold of a Melee ROM (I definitely don't have the disc drive; no way in hell I'm buying one just for this) and get Dolphin working I'll do some. I want to do some Mario in particular.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I might be able to help out. I have both melee + gc (but it'll be useless sincee I don't have AR) and melee iso + dolphin. I jut gotta find time to help out as finals are coming, I'm kind of stumped.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I got tons of time and my stage hacking and brstm making has slowed down a little bit (partly laziness). I'd love to help out this project in any way I can.

[Stuff about .iso dumping]

I'm labeling Melee sound effects with their Brawl counterparts according to wave numbers in preparation for a more conventional method to replace sound effects since Riivolution is out and there has been a successful switch of US/PAL sound effects and JP sound effects (just the whole file itself though).

Or I might just do it myself if it's easy enough.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
About the conversation going on about Marth's d-smash and upsmash being useless...

wtf are you guys talking about? Marth's d-smash is a 5 frame attack that has the same horizontal range as f-tilt. The tip has the same kill power as Fox's upsmash, and the hilt sends at a nearly horizontal angle. wtf this move is far from useless (it's just overshadowed by Marth's other moves).

Upsmash is...well, it's not that useful admittedly <_<. You can do neat stuff with it though (hilted upsmash knocks the opponent over, but is fairly fast so people often miss the tech. It sets up nicely for f-smash I guess). And you can combo fast fallers into it on platforms, but yeah it's not that good. Still better than the **** other charcters have though (warlock punch lol)

kupo15

Smash Hero
As ive said many times my code is brand new and infinitely better :)
yes it is. This new code is kupo approved. (and you all should remember how against the code I was before)

Fun fact: Did you know that the first MAD code allowed you total control of where to go in the air instead of just picking one direction? So instead of going straight left like in melee, you could actually go right then left? Up then down? Squiggle down? Left then up? Air dodge in place THEN move in a direction afterwards? ect

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I will love the new code forever if it's fixed the sticky edge problem that the first code had.

That is, can we waveland off ledges and WD to ledgegrab now?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I will love the new code forever if it's fixed the sticky edge problem that the first code had.

That is, can we waveland off ledges and WD to ledgegrab now?
I don't know what you mean by stick edge problem as I never used the old MAD code.

Yes @ both. The video demonstrated you can wavedash off the ledge for edge guard. If you can wavedash off the ledge why wouldn't you be able to grab the ledge? That wouldn't be Melee if you couldn't. Plus, dead frames are gone so wavedashes are much more smooth now.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The old code wouldn't allow you to slide off the edge in standing animation, on dodging animation. This meant that you could only slide off edges at the beginning of the WD, and I'm assuming that's what you meant by sticky edge problem.

This has been addressed and it feels great. And yes, you can WD hog.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
all I can say about the new WD code is THANK GOD!!!!. Everyone looked like freaking Luigi.....btw. I was wondering. If it's possible to change individual friction of each character. Then is there anyone that may get a WD buff...not exactly to the point of WeeGee's but pretty slick. I can't think of anyone that could use it at the moment though

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I have fine-tuned the animations, dust clouds, and jumpsquat timings. We've started looking at WD length. You could modfiy friction easily ever since PSA came out (and with a custom code before that). Right now WD lengths are surprisingly accurate given it's mostly a global change right now, and we'll fine tune that in the future. No deliberate changes have been made to melee characters yet other than boozer's jump start is one frame shorter.

...I could keep talking but the next trailer will do a much better job.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
The old code wouldn't allow you to slide off the edge in standing animation, on dodging animation. This meant that you could only slide off edges at the beginning of the WD, and I'm assuming that's what you meant by sticky edge problem.

This has been addressed and it feels great. And yes, you can WD hog.
Thanks, that addressed my question perfectly. Can't wait to see it!

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
i Have Fine-tuned The Animations, Dust Clouds, And Jumpsquat Timings. We've Started Looking At Wd Length. You Could Modfiy Friction Easily Ever Since Psa Came Out (and With A Custom Code Before That). Right Now Wd Lengths Are Surprisingly Accurate Given It's Mostly A Global Change Right Now, And We'll Fine Tune That In The Future. No Deliberate Changes Have Been Made To Melee Characters Yet Other Than Boozer's Jump Start Is One Frame Shorter.

...i Could Keep Talking But The Next Trailer Will Do A Much Better Job.
Hype Hype When!?

PR_hp

Smash Rookie
hi, I'm going to post some P:M vids on youtube, it has a lil lag but I hope you liked it (for the ones that failed to watch the stream, posting them maybe by monday)

bye all ^^

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We aren't currently putting videos up to youtube, PR hp. Please just wait for the next livestream or trailer.

PR_hp

Smash Rookie
We aren't currently putting videos up to youtube, PR hp. Please just wait for the next livestream or trailer.
P:M Toon vs Samus is just so great match, me like it, mmm I just would love to have a beta tester around so I could play ^^

EDIT:

video uploaded to youtube successfully, I'll upload 4 more sometime later

jalued

Smash Lord
P:M Toon vs Samus is just so great match, me like it, mmm I just would love to have a beta tester around so I could play ^^

EDIT:

video uploaded to youtube successfully, I'll upload 4 more sometime later
you have to respect the disigners PR hp, plz dont put anymore on, it can damage the project

PR_hp

Smash Rookie
ok I won't but the one that is here I'll leave it but as private

sorry if I did wrong, it's just that, PR on my name means "Puerto Rico" and we would love to be part of the project

might you guys trust a puerto rican with the proud honor to be of P:M of being a tester, we have some good players around the island and I'm not meaning random people like me, but like the ones you know from pound 4 and many world wide activities

lord HDL, bubbleman, eval, idk there are some of them, you can try to talk to em if they want to be part of it, as I read on some posts, random people won't be take seriously to be alpha/beta testers, and that "intelligent posters" will mostly be the right candidates

you can make valtrox an alpha tester perhaps he has been posting by along time (puertorrican player I'm pointings) me maybe not since I'm only hyped with this project I was never as good in melee, nor brawl

but some puertorricans would like to play such a nice game ^^

EDIT:

and I do know if someone is selected as a tester, that person should not give the codeset of P:M to nobody, only use for testing issues in smashfests/tourneys or gatherings, friendlies would be great for testing, and we can have some more posters to post here with some opinions on how the game is flowing

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
ok I won't but the one that is here I'll leave it but as private

sorry if I did wrong, it's just that, PR on my name means "Puerto Rico" and we would love to be part of the project

might you guys trust a puerto rican with the proud honor to be of P:M of being a tester, we have some good players around the island and I'm not meaning random people like me, but like the ones you know from pound 4 and many world wide activities

lord HDL, bubbleman, eval, idk there are some of them, you can try to talk to em if they want to be part of it, as I read on some posts, random people won't be take seriously to be alpha/beta testers, and that "intelligent posters" will mostly be the right candidates

you can make valtrox an alpha tester perhaps he has been posting by along time (puertorrican player I'm pointings) me maybe not since I'm only hyped with this project I was never as good in melee, nor brawl

but some puertorricans would like to play such a nice game ^^

EDIT:

and I do know if someone is selected as a tester, that person should not give the codeset of P:M to nobody, only use for testing issues in smashfests/tourneys or gatherings, friendlies would be great for testing, and we can have some more posters to post here with some opinions on how the game is flowing
I tried to be part of this, and I wasn't taken seriously, so meh... I'm stuck waiting...

to bad you haven't heard of me >.> everyone ignores me for always asking questions

oh well I live west coast aswell, all of the smashers you named in your post are west coast, we should play B+ or even melee if you like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom