• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I've been wondering:

Is there any difference in the happiness and beauty increase provided by the Haircut Brothers in the Goldenrod Tunnel?
I'm planning on finally finishing my HGdex and I'm pretty sure this wasn't answered. Can anyone finally answer this for me?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Anime / Manga discussion

But I chose here because i don't know why it just made sense

Well anyways

http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/

Read the manga online, in case those who were asking about it still haven't read some of it.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
but the younger brother is the worse one in terms of happiness, but cheaper
WRONG.

There are three degrees at which a Pokemon's happiness can be increased by the brothers; shown by the phrases "a little happy", "happy", and "delighted". "Happy" increases happiness by about double "a little happy", and "delighted" increases happiness by about double "happy" for the older brother and about triple "happy" for the younger brother.

The older brother does do a better job on average, yes, but if you're willing to soft reset and all that, the younger brother has the potential to give a higher happiness. It's just less likely (and thus takes longer) to happen.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'm mostly asking if it's worth using both brothers or if I should just stick to one of them. Happiness is a pain to raise in HG (for me at least) because it's harder to earn money without the VS. Seeker and you can't grow as many berries at once.

Thanks for the info so far though.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm mostly asking if it's worth using both brothers or if I should just stick to one of them. Happiness is a pain to raise in HG (for me at least) because it's harder to earn money without the VS. Seeker and you can't grow as many berries at once.

Thanks for the info so far though.
Well if you're planning to soft reset for the highest possible happiness gain each day and money is rather tight, I'd say just use the younger brother.

If money isn't an extreme issue though, then you might as well use both. It'll just speed up the process.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Money isn't too bad at the moment; I've got quite a bit I haven't used yet (thanks to the Amulet Coin I traded from one of my other games early on), I'm assuming a fair amount saved with Mom, and I believe a few people asking for a rematch, so I guess I'll use both. Too bad it'll still take me about a week to evolve my Feebas though.

soif

Smash Rookie
I've not checked smogon or anything for a while, so what has changed in the metagames since just before the release of HGSS?

Also, how does one become a Pokemaster?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've not checked smogon or anything for a while, so what has changed in the metagames since just before the release of HGSS?
Latias and Salamence are banned.

There isn't anything else worth major note, is there? Probly forgetting something >.>

soif

Smash Rookie
Whoa I knew Latias was under discussion. But I had no idea about Salamence. How gas their banning affected the rest of the metagame then? Are other Pokemon more popular? And yeah I knew about BPScizor.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Pretty much OU looks exactly like UU with Fire/Water/Grass cores and lots of Dragonite. Oh, and Heatran is #1 in usage for like the zillionth time in D/P's history.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Is it possible for politoed to learn sweet scent? because smogon claims it can but everywhere else i've checked said it couldn't.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Heeeyyro im new to the pokemon boards and basically im thinking about snagging a lapras in my party and what stats do you guys think would be the most beneficial to EV?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anime question: Is it true in fourth gen Ash and Brock forgot who each other was?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while now.

When you're on the standard battle menu for Pokemon HeartGold / SoulSilver, the top left corner indicates 6 Pokeballs representing your teams, with status inflicted Pokemon appearing more red than usual. In some cases, the Pokeball will shake from side to side, and sometimes more than one will do so.

Is that of any significance?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think it's just aesthetic, I've seen no pattern in them shaking.

I may be wrong though.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah def, i remember this puzzling me loads to so i spent waaaay too long seeing loads of different things in the pokemon stats and all pokemon who seem to have filled their exp bar four fifths or so or more of the way started to shake

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
yeah def, i remember this puzzling me loads to so i spent waaaay too long seeing loads of different things in the pokemon stats and all pokemon who seem to have filled their exp bar four fifths or so or more of the way started to shake
That's pretty intense. +rep. Thanks for clearing that up.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Heatproof and Thick Fat are both halving damage.

Filter cuts in to 3/4

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'll ask here as well since that thread (TCG) is sluggish, is Level X cards / Legend Cards banned? (Like Deoxys/Raquaza legend, levelx regigigas, etc)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Cards are only banned if they're actually overpowered, aren't they?

I know Level Xs in general aren't banned, and IDK about Legends, but they require so much Energy I doubt they're banned either.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ah. Yeah legends are unreliable, but someof the levelx cards are amazing.

Top Bottom