• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You get both when Nincada evolves, you have an extra slot in your party, and you have a Pokéball. It has to be a normal Pokéball too.
It'll show Nincada evolving into Ninjask; Shedinja will appear in the extra slot.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You get both when Nincada evolves, you have an extra slot in your party, and you have a Pokéball. It has to be a normal Pokéball too.
It'll show Nincada evolving into Ninjask; Shedinja will appear in the extra slot.
I wonder if they had to make it a normal pokeball so an unsuspecting 11 year old who carries his one masterball doesn't evolve Nincada by accident and be all "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY PERCISISOUS MASTERBALZZZZ"

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So for the Pokemon manga...

were any of them released in America? And are the dubs from the Japanese versions 'better' than the English versions, if they were released?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
English versions are lacking. VIZ Media versions were and are released a long time after the originals were published. Chuang Yi is infamous for being absolutely horrible at translating mangas, as they often make giant edits, mistranslations, and omissions in basically everything they've ever done. Chuang Yi is the reason people are confused by who Green and Blue are.

So basically, scanlations, since they're as accurate as VIZ and almost as up-to-date as Chuang Yi.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually use up any Pokeballs.
It didn't in RSE if I remember correctly.
Bulbapedia said:
A Poké Ball is only needed to obtain a Shedinja in the Generation IV games. In other games, Shedinja copies the ball that Nincada was in.
* The Poké Ball in Generation IV must be a basic Poké Ball
* A Poké Ball is removed from the player's inventory when they obtain a Shedinja through evolution in Generation IV.
The official Nintendo Power guide for Ruby and Sapphire actually says that you need a Poké Ball, though, which has probably created more confusion surrounding the matter.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know I personally think this thread should be locked, unstickied, and replaced with a link to google.

PokeSAV is a save-file editing (if you're running a ROM) or code-making program (If you're using a legit copy of a game) for various Pokemon games, pretty much to let you get anything you want in the games.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think that we, as a community, should stop answering questions that can be answered by Google.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Q: For the Enigma Stone event, if a friend has it downloaded from WiFi is it possible for me to receive the Mystery Gift from a friend? If so is there a procedure to doing so?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Does Poke Center have a chat or Shoddy server? I'm really wanting to get owned by the sites best. O:

Please, be as mean as possible when replying.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This message is hidden because Deathfox30 is on your ignore list.

We lack a Shoddy server, but we have our own Pokemon Online serve if that's what you're asking. It's still being fixed I think by the server owner (CRASHiC).

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Any plans to make a Shoddy server or anything? Is there a IRC, Xat, Chatango to set up battles even? I have a Shoddy Server thats completely going to waste, but I'm not responsible nor smart enough to keep it up. O:

How bad is Pokemon Online when it comes to skill level overall? I'm under the impression 90% of PO are "not good". Meaning they use things like Power Trick Shuckle and other things that have almost no chance to work. I'm very ignorant when it comes to Netbattle and PO, so please be very harsh when replying. <3

Wrath`

Smash Master
Any plans to make a Shoddy server or anything? Is there a IRC, Xat, Chatango to set up battles even? I have a Shoddy Server thats completely going to waste, but I'm not responsible nor smart enough to keep it up. O:

How bad is Pokemon Online when it comes to skill level overall? I'm under the impression 90% of PO are "not good". Meaning they use things like Power Trick Shuckle and other things that have almost no chance to work. I'm very ignorant when it comes to Netbattle and PO, so please be very harsh when replying. <3
Well with your "knowledge" of Pokemon I am sure PO would be too hard for you..................

They do use power trick shuckle, in NU that is.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Power Trick Shuckle is soooooooo bad. I meant more in doubles. That things never going to get set up against a decent team. I'm sure Gigatitan, my hero, used it at some point and now everyones following suit.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pokemon Online just has a better setup, and more friendlier interface and more. They've got ladders for doubles, VGC, Little Cup all on their Beta Server.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok so now that Tery reminds me, why would PO ever include a happiness option for moves like Return and Frustration?

My understanding of it is that you would want the moves to be as powerful as possible so why wouldn't they just delete teh happiness option and just make the moves as powerful as they can be?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Once you get to around 1400 on the ladder it's all the same, considering a decent chunk of Smogon is using PO too. It's not like Smogon always uses Shoddy and only the PO community uses PO.

Also, it's just there for realism, I guess? It doesn't make any sense if both Return AND Frustration has 102 Power, does it?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Once you get to around 1400 on the ladder it's all the same, considering a decent chunk of Smogon is using PO too. It's not like Smogon always uses Shoddy and only the PO community uses PO.

Also, it's just there for realism, I guess? It doesn't make any sense if both Return AND Frustration has 102 Power, does it?
The same as what? Smogon is pretty bad until you get to around 1450 or so. Then it's decent players, 1550 is where the good players start getting paired with you more frequently. How would you rate their ladder in comparison to Smogon? Smogon's UU, Uber, and Suspect ladders are dead a lot... UU is okay sometimes, but before I stopped laddering (about the time when Smogon reset ladder ratings because of Cress + P-Z and I got extremely butthurt because I was at about 1720 and CM cress wrecked me pretty hard. :[) it was really really dead. I only laddered once immediately after that to test a tournament team. Do they have a chat? Sorry for all the questions. D:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Oh wow.

I read them here, but it seems the site is down. You can dowmload .rars here.
Hey Wave+, are some of the chapters at mangareader... messed up? 'Cause I was reading into chapter 106 and it seems like everything is jumbled up. Is that how it's supposed to go or not?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What page is it? To be honest, I switch over from OneManga at around 110.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
OneManga's being shut down or something, I dunno. To be honest, I'm not sure where else you could find it...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
OneManga's being shut down or something, I dunno. To be honest, I'm not sure where else you could find it...
Eh, it's just a few chapters. I don't think it's that much of a big deal, I'm still getting an idea of what's happening.

Top Bottom