• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

HotWings

Smash Ace
also, on the double battles....explosion and protect is an absolute classic

zapdos+evire>jolteon and evire

Rotom and evire>zapdos and evire

Oh i never thought about zapdos or rotom b4. They can both use discharge and raise evires speed and plus they both dodge EQ. (Does discharge hit everyone including my partner or does it just hit both enemies?)

Im going to try to keep on thinking about double battle stratagies and stuff but for now im just glad im getting SS and i can continue to play pokemon and breed :) (To be honest pearl started getting boring after i believe 3 years lol)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm playing HeartGold and I'm in Pal Park in Kanto now.

I didn't do much in Kanto yet, but where is Suicune???
It isn't roaming and the last time I saw it was in Cinawood City.

I haven't yet caught Raikou or Entei but they are still roaming around with their HP in the red.
Maybe this has something to do with Suicune being MIA???

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
After Cianwood you have to find it near Mt. Mortar (you'll need Cut), from there in Vermillion, and then the eastern route out of Fuschia City. Then you can finally catch it near Bill's House north of Cerulean.

-Terywj

HotWings

Smash Ace
how do i turn off my pokewalker? does it just turn off by itself if i leave it? btw what batties does it take?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I don't think any world Wi-Fi events for the American DP were released at all so far, right?
It seems like Platinum was the only one to get Darkrai and Shaymin. :\
You are forgetting the void glitch, I STILL have the darkrai i got from that glitch, it took forever though...
Good times, goo-ooo-ood times.

Mewter

Smash Master
I meant legitimately. -_-'

Did you have the Japanese version or something, or was there an alternate way of doing the void glitch in the American versions?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
how do i turn off my pokewalker? does it just turn off by itself if i leave it? btw what batties does it take?
After a min or so, the screen should turn blank. There's no real way to "turn it off" persay unless you remove the battery.

The type of battery is somewhere in the instruction manual (lol like who reads those).

HotWings

Smash Ace
I have 1 more question... for a surfing pikachu would it be the !! or the !!!? Ive got 2 !! and 1 of them was a volt tackle so im guessing flying pikachu and surfing pikachu are the !!!. Btw i taped mine and my brothers pokewalker down to my 2 gc controllers and set the stage for all spikes on the bottom and boxes right above them so now its an inf. rumble on the controllers and since the pokewalkers are taped down i get inf steps and watts lol. So yeah by tonight i should have like 1k watts or maybe a little less on both pokewalkers so thats plently enough for a surfing pikachu lol.

Btw when im searching for a !!! pokemon do i click on the ! or do i just ecnore those and wait for the !!!? Btw sometimes when i click on the ! it will do it again and i get !! sometimes. So what should i do?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
The number of watts has nothing to to with how likely you are to see the surfing/flying pikachu.

As for the "!", it goes like this:
When you click on the grass patch with ! over it, you will either be given another ! (possibly on another grass patch), or you will enter a battle. The number of ! corresponds to the possible pokemon you will run into

! (1st time)= group C
! (2nd time)= group C or B
!! = group B or A
!!! = group A
(I may have mixed up groups A and C, but you should get the idea)

Hope this helped.

HotWings

Smash Ace
After i get a lot of watts im going to keep on trying to get a surfing pikachu but if this doesnt work this time do you guys think i should just quit on the surfing pikachu? I mean im still going to have a pikachu but do you think if i get a flying pikachu i should keep that or i already have a volt tackle pikachu so should i keep that?

Post your opinions please

Majority

Smash Journeyman
I think you should try and get both the Surfing and Flying Pikachu, but just stick with the first one you get.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well ive already got the volt tackle pikachu but i think im going to try 1 more time for surf/fly and if i dont get them then hopefully i will get a light ball and i can put that on a regular pikachu.

Btw when im searching for a light ball is it !, !! or !!! ?

Thanks so much

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Well ive already got the volt tackle pikachu but i think im going to try 1 more time for surf/fly and if i dont get them then hopefully i will get a light ball and i can put that on a regular pikachu.

Btw when im searching for a light ball is it !, !! or !!! ?

Thanks so much
For the specific pikas, it's really your preference.

For the Light Ball, items are found with the Dowsing Machine, not Poke Radar. When you use the Dowsing Machine, you are given two tries at finding an item hidden in one of six grass patches. If you miss on your first try, it gives you a hint as to how close the item is to where you chose. If you get the message "It's near!" then the item is in one of the patches next to the one you already chose. If you get the message "It's far away..." then it's at least two patches away.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You can get either Pikachu depending on what your Pokewalker chooses when you put your Pokemon into it. Problem is, you won't know which kind you've got set to !!! until you actually run into a !!! (very rare). Sometimes, though, a !! can be a Surfing/Flying Pikachu as long as you have enough steps (I've gotten a Surfing Pikachu from !!). Have patience and keep at it!

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I meant legitimately. -_-'

Did you have the Japanese version or something, or was there an alternate way of doing the void glitch in the American versions?
alternate version, i dont buy games i cant read XD

I still have the instructions written down, lol

HotWings

Smash Ace
Quick question... is there any other theme teams that yal can think of besides monotype, weather, region. Them 3 are the only themed type teams i can think of. Am i missing out on anything?

If you can think of another theme team please tell me.

Thanks ;)

HotWings

Smash Ace
Oh yes. Thank you so much for reminding me of them.

Oh btw ive decided to dedicate most of my time in building teams for myself so i am going to make all the region, weather, gravity, trick room, baton pass, monotype. Then if i can think of anymore themed teams i will make them also.

Btw in the baton pass team my pokemon i will send all the stats to will be spirtomb. I did want it to be pikahu but i wanted it to be a pokemon that had no chance of dieing unless it was a 1HKO move which is very unlikly so spirtomb i think is my best bet but it really doesnt matter lol.

Edit-- I left out stall teams (entry hazzards)

The other teams like double battle, belly drum, wallbreakers, uber, ect isnt really a theme but more as a playing style. So thats why im not making them.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Double Battle isn't a theme, it's just a playstyle.

Belly Drum isn't a theme, it's just a move.

Wallbreakers aren't a theme, they're just certain Pokemon.

Ubers aren't a theme, it's a tier.

Making sure you understand your themes from your not-themes.

-Terywj

HotWings

Smash Ace
Thats the phrase i use for a team that is based off of something like hailstorm, sandstorm, rain dance, ect. Thats the teams i like to make because there more fun.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hate my friends for telling me that -_-

As long as you wait the number of days required and keep those objects there, the pokemon should come and stay if you remove those objects afterwards

HotWings

Smash Ace
Ive got a question about breeding... When im breeding is it best to do the everstone thing or is it best to do the power item IV thing to where the pokemon that is breeding can hand down him/her IV if they have a certain power item on them.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ive got a question about breeding... When im breeding is it best to do the everstone thing or is it best to do the power item IV thing to where the pokemon that is breeding can hand down him/her IV if they have a certain power item on them.
You need the following to breed:
Female with the nature you want and an everstone.
Male with a good 31 iv and the bracer to go on it that passes it.

Since you pass a 31, the non-passed down ivs from parents that are randomly generated have chances at being 31s, and you work your way up the genetic/incest latter of eventually having 31/31/31/31/31/31 or what I usaully settle for 25~31/31(0+ if spec. attacker, 26+ if mixed)/23+/31(same as atk)/23+/31*

* Some pokemon need bad speed, or it doesn't matter as much

HotWings

Smash Ace
Im still confused on how it is easy to get 31 ivs in all stats?

Could you explain it step by step on how to get a pokemon to have 31 ivs in all stats?

Thank you ;)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Okay it's like this, you have characteristics. Often Dozes Off, Likes to Thrash About, Mischevious, Somewhat Vain, Mischevious, and Capable of Taking Hits. What do all these mean? That they probably have a 31 IV. Granted it can go down in tiers of 5, (26,21, etc), there is a good chance. If you breed and... lets say:
Female Naive Bagon 28-0-20-20-29-20
Male Bagon Quirky (nature doesn't matter) 28-31-20-10-31, you put a speed bracer on him.

This means that -every- single Bagon will have 31 Speed. This also means most bagons will be (the one 31 iv thing I left out up there), Alert to Sounds. Now some bagons may say Somewhat Vain or whatever, and that means you randomly generated another 31. Of course if it says Likes to Thrash About, you could've inherited the male's 31.

How this works, is basically the band(31 Speed) IV + 2 Ivs from the parents pass down. (3 pass down, but the band takes one away). So lets say you get the mothers 28 Hp, and the fathers 31 Att. That means this bagon is 28/31/X/X/X/31 Now the last three are randomly generated. Since you have 31's they have a chance of being 31. (If you have a charestic that isn't 31 such as Likes to Run (30 Speed) The max you can have is 30. (or 25,20,15, etc if they go down)

Thus, having a 31 automatically raises your chances at success. Sorry of this makes no sense, it's a lot to take in condensed in a few paragraphs.

Also, (i don't know if I can, or qualified for that matter), how do you become a Pokemon Researcher anyways?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Go the Group Memberships from your Control Panel and apply for the Pokemon Researcher group. I don't think Spire is making acceptions to the group though at the moment.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wait a second. If it says somewhat vain Ill have a stat with 31 IVs? I have a Starmie with somewhat vain (from my Lance days). What kind of stat would it be excelling in? or do I have to check that?

Mewter

Smash Master
It just means that there's a chance your Starmie has 31 IV's in Sp Def. It could be 26, 21, 16, 11, 6, OR 1 also.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow... that would be pretty fail XD

Could someone tell me what EPs are? I was trying to use Serebiis EV/IV calculator and it says to put EPs in... what are those?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
How does the move Assurance work?

Effect

Assurance inflicts damage and will deal double damage if the foe has already received damage on the turn it is used.

I don't understand this :confused:

Mewter

Smash Master
If they took damage through self-recoiling/hurting moves (confusion, body slam, pain split(?)) or from other Pokemon in a double battle before you use that attack, the power doubles.

Top Bottom