• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well i didnt know that the chance of it was .4 and .1, i thought it was 40 and 10..

Oh and annoying1359... it always make it more official when its wrote on a chalkboard.

Mewter

Smash Master
0.4 is the same as 40%.

When you plug it into the formula that Smogon has on the Kings Rock page, it turns out to only give a 4% boost to the Serene Grace flinch chance of 60%.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Oh ok, thanks mewter ;)

So yeah i think a little boost with kings rock would be better than leftovers in my opinion seeing as how im not trying to stall, im trying to flinch and plus i will have roost. But leftovers is still an option.

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone :)

HotWings

Smash Ace
^ lol. Alright thanks.

Oh and i just made some ****** fried chicken lol. B4 i put on the flour i dipped it in hot sauce then the flour then cooked it... then you cant eat chicken without dipping it in some BBQ while you eat it xD.

**** that was good hahaha.

Oh and the hot sauce didnt give it to much of a hot taste but it gave it a very good flavor. Im loving it lol

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mmm, chicken. O_o

So, does anyone know where the PP Max on Route 26 (right before Victory Road) is? Bulbapedia says there's one there. Also, does Latias have the same case as the Legendary Beasts, respawning after defeating the Elite 4?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
^ lol. Alright thanks.

Oh and i just made some ****** fried chicken lol. B4 i put on the flour i dipped it in hot sauce then the flour then cooked it... then you cant eat chicken without dipping it in some BBQ while you eat it xD.

**** that was good hahaha.

Oh and the hot sauce didnt give it to much of a hot taste but it gave it a very good flavor. Im loving it lol
Except we're not talking about chicken. So stop. -__-

@FlyinFilipino: I have no idea. Have you gone through the entire thing with the Dowsing Machine?

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@FlyinFilipino: I have no idea. Have you gone through the entire thing with the Dowsing Machine?

-Terywj
I'm pretty sure I have. I did some extra scouring on the Internet and couldn't get any confirmation. I hope it's not just an urban myth.

Does Latias respawn if you beat the E4?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No, I think I remember finding a PP Max on Route 26 as well. Did you Surf to the little island?
If my memory is wrong than are there are places where you'd need Rock Climb?
I'm pretty sure the PP Max is there, since Serebii also confirms one.

And I have no idea about Lati@s.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Does anyone in-game actually tell you how to get to the Poke Flute channel on the radio? I found it myself, but my friend was really confused about it for a while.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Get the expansion card, and put the tuner cursor to the top of the sphere and you should get the channel. This only works in Kanto.

Oop. No, they don't tell you how to tune into the channel.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I got pokemon diamond today from a friend. Im chaining, but my chain keeps breaking. Is there like a strategy I should follow or something?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm sure there are a lot of guides floating around that can give you better answers, and I'm no expert, but:

- Always try to get to a patch of grass at least 4 spaces away
- Always enter the same type kind of shaking grass
- Avoid the patch of grass behind your character (since it's not entirely visible)
- Use lots of Repels
- Have lots of patience!

Mewter

Smash Master
And remember to never step into a corner or near the edge of the patch. That could break your chain.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Say I use Growl on an opponent's Pokemon, and they switch to a different Pokemon and then they switch back, will they still have the -attack?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Say I use Growl on an opponent's Pokemon, and they switch to a different Pokemon and then they switch back, will they still have the -attack?
Nope, whenever you switch a Pokemon out and then back in, all stat boosts/drops are reset and the Pokemon is back to +0.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is sort of an odd question, but...

Does anyone know if NTSC-J/PAL versions of Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire are compatible with NTSC-U R/S/E/FR/LG games?

I know that R/S/E/FR/LG are all compatible with all regions, but I don't know how Pokémon Box factors into that. I tried Googling it but the best I could find is something saying that you can trade from an NTSC-U GBA game to a PAL/NTSC-J GBA game and then put them into the Box, but that's inconvenient, defeats the purpose of a mass-Pokémon mover, and would require me to spend extra money on a different region copy of one of the games.

(I am aware of the region lock on the game console itself, but I have an AR to circumvent that.)

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
how is that defeating the purpose of a mass-Pokemon mover? Most people would assume that if you live in the region and the game isn't region specific then you buy the game there O_o.

But to your question: I would imagine not because if the other regions are locked into using the same version and box then even if you can play the disc, the pokemon might try to screw that up..

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
how is that defeating the purpose of a mass-Pokemon mover? Most people would assume that if you live in the region and the game isn't region specific then you buy the game there O_o.
I'm in the US. If I get a PAL/NTSC-J version of the Pokémon Box, and I have to trade from my US copy of R/S/E/FR/LG to a PAL/NTSC-J version of the game in order to put them into the Box, that means that I have to go through the epic hassle of trading 6 Pokémon at a time anyways. If I'm going to go through that, I don't really need to buy the Pokémon Box.

I wouldn't necessarily get the game in my region because it costs upwards of $89, whereas the Japanese version costs ~$20 and the PAL version costs a little more than that.

But to your question: I would imagine not because if the other regions are locked into using the same version and box then even if you can play the disc, the pokemon might try to screw that up..
The Pokémon shouldn't be a problem as the third and fourth gen games can both freely interact with games of all regions -- I just don't know if a different region disk is going to be able to interact through a US GameCube to a US GBA playing a US copy of a third gen game, and if I do end up getting Pokémon Box, I don't want to spend money on another region's version before I find out that it doesn't work and I have to spend a ton of money on the US version in addition to the $20+ I just spent on a useless game.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Will-o-Wisp halves the Attack stat, like how Paralysis halves the Speed stat.

And yes, how did you end with all that anyways?

-Terywj
the +6 was simply to make sure, but I was wondering so I could accurately judge the bulk of Arcanine with will-o-wisp and intimidate.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Semi-rant Pokemon Box bla bla bla
I had the most brilliant idea ever.

Pokemon Stadium 3....

With a built-in Pokemon Box feature.

It will be the greatest console Pokemon game ever made.

Limeee

Smash Champion
so i was thinking of getting into pokemon

is it too late?
i've been messing around with the original gold but i don't wanna spoil the two new games i might get

should i go buy soulsilver/heartgold or just continue playing gold (i only have 3 hours so its not too much)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's never too late to get into Pokemon, not if you visit the PokeCenter, anyway. :)

If you've played and enjoyed Pokemon Gold / Silver / Crystal like I did, then I'd definitely suggest you go buy Pokemon HeartGold / SoulSilver. What do you mean you only have 3 hours?

-Terywj

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
@Ulti: YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Tery: It's NEVER too late to start pokemon.

Regardless of whether or not Jujistutide comes here.

Just wanted to clear that up. It is really fun here though.

@Jujistutide: Have fun!

Mewter

Smash Master
I had the most brilliant idea ever.

Pokemon Stadium 3....

With a built-in Pokemon Box feature.

It will be the greatest console Pokemon game ever made.
I thought the first two Stadiums had the same feature of storing Pokemon, moving boxes, etc?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
When I did it for 1 and red, it was glitched and I couldn't keep any items I transferred.

I also lost every poke I downloaded from red every time I started a new file and linked with Stadium.

So it wasn't perfect. But it was there.

Pokemon Box has room for 1500 pokes.

That is a ****load of room. Perfect for breeders like myself and Shimazu.

Mewter

Smash Master
Really? It worked fine for me. :|
I used it mainly to transfer my legendary Pokemon to new games of Pokemon Yellow every time I started a new one.

Limeee

Smash Champion
wow, didn't expect that of a friendly response haha

and nvm about gold, i'll play emerald until i get the basics of pokemon, then i'll go buy soul silver or heart gold

i meant i had 3 hours of gameplay on gold

Top Bottom