• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Then don't use Scizor.

Or man up. There's nothing wrong with using Salamence and Rayquaza on the same team. Play smart, and it'll work to your advantage.

-Terywj

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
nah, it can go here

IT IS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION MY GOOD SIR.

besides, this thread is begging to be used.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Wi-Fi sucks *** because you have to use WEP. It's pretty basic to set up though, it doesn't really require much help in setting up, as long as your router is set to WEP (lol), and you know the key for it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If you don't understand what someone is saying, you just can't call them crazy.

If you lived in China you could get arrested for that!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
In the case that MetallicMario is joking, I think you guys should know that he's not being serious.

In the case that MetallicMario is not joking, lrn2google.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Q - [Because I'm lazy] Is it the father or the mother Pokemon responsible for passing on a nature to the child Pokemon through the equipping of an Everstone? And what occurs when it's a male Pokemon and Ditto?

-Terywj

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
"From Emerald onwards, a Ditto or a female Pokémon that holds an Everstone has a 50% chance of passing its nature to its offspring when at the Pokémon daycare, but only if both Pokémon and the trainer all come from a game in the same language."
From Bulbapedia.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm also sure that the Father can also hold an everstone in a Ditto/Father thing and have it work, since it has worked for me before.
Or I'm really lucky and always got the nature all the time.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i have a quik question about EV training.

after i EV train my pokes, is it better ( stat wise) to level them up to 100 by battles, or can i just use rare candies and get the same result?

Kantō

Smash Champion
i have all there Effort values filled and got the effort ribbons for my 6 pokemon. there all at like level 30-40.
so it would be the same to give them rare candies as it would to level them in battles? there stats wouldnt be any less or greater eather way?

BSP

Smash Legend
Does delaying evolution negatively impact future stats?

@Kanto

I could be wrong, but I don't think lvl ups with rare candies take EVS into effect. I could be totally wrong though.

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea i know that rare candies b4 EV training isnt a good idea.

what im saying is:

my pokes are EV trained, but not to lv. 100 yet. should i raise them to level 100 in battles? or just use rare candies cuz there EV's are filled.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
It'll be the same result once you reach the 510 EVs, Rare Candies is a lot less effort though.
Allow me to further elaborate.

Once your 510 (or 508) EVs are filled, leveling up by battles OR by Rare Candies will give you THE EXACT SAME RESULT. That being said, without those EVs filled, Rare Candies won't really help you.

If you have your 508 EVs done, go ahead and use Rare Candies.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
If you have a sleeping pokemon in a double battle, and it uses Sleep Talk, do you get to choose who the pokemon attacks, or is the target chosen at random? I know the attacks themselves are chosen at random and there is some stuff that is not picked by ST, but I never used RestTalk in doubles before, so I just wanted to know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Q: When determining auto weather and which stays, the slower Pokemon lays out the weather. Such as if it's Kyogre vs Groudon, if the Groudon is slower it will be Sunny Day. Now what if stat wise the Kyogre is lower, but it has a Choice Scarf, essentially making it's speed higher but by an item. Who's weather stays out? Aka, do items effect speed comparisons?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
If you have a sleeping pokemon in a double battle, and it uses Sleep Talk, do you get to choose who the pokemon attacks, or is the target chosen at random? I know the attacks themselves are chosen at random and there is some stuff that is not picked by ST, but I never used RestTalk in doubles before, so I just wanted to know.
In case of a move hitting just one Pokemon, yes, the target is an enemy chosen at random. It won't ever hit your ally unless you use a move like Surf, hitting everything in the battle.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Q: When determining auto weather and which stays, the slower Pokemon lays out the weather. Such as if it's Kyogre vs Groudon, if the Groudon is slower it will be Sunny Day. Now what if stat wise the Kyogre is lower, but it has a Choice Scarf, essentially making it's speed higher but by an item. Who's weather stays out? Aka, do items effect speed comparisons?
Yes, Kyogre's.

10shortanswers

Top Bottom