• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
I have a question ... more like two.

Does anyone know when the event to get the other bird (Latias/Latios) is coming out?

I need to get an EXP Share. Where do I get it?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
To get the Experience Share in HG/SS you have to obtain the Red Scale, which is done by catching the shiny Gyarados in Lake of Rage. Then bring the item to Mr. Pokemon and he'll trade you an Exp. Share for it.

-Terywj

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. I also want to know: I'm trying to catching a Raikou with Wobbeffet with Shadow Tag in my Party. It escapes using Roar! Is this really possible or is it a glitch in the game :(

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or save your masterballs for when that Shiny randomly pops up in the wild.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What wild pokemon would you need a master ball for?
Roaming pokemon. I believe I used my Pearl Master Ball on Cresselia.

Anyway, I have a shoddy troubleshooting question. Lately Shoddybattle seems to randomly not load my teams. Is there anything I can to to help out with this?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Shoddy battle is buggy recently, so until a Smogon programmer can fix it, there's not much you can do. Try reinstalling Shoddy battle in the meantime.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
There's no real "official" ruleset, but here's some off the top of my head.

Evasion Clause: Moves like Double Team and Minimize are banned.
Freeze Clause (unenforceable on wifi): Only 1 Pokemon can be frozen at once.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokemon can be slept at once.
Species Clause: Only one type of Pokemon per team (aka no 2 Lucarios or Rotom-A).
OHKO Clause: Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Fissure, and Guillotine are banned.
Soul Dew Clause: Only for Latias, Soul Dew is banned on it.

And the less cared about clause:
Item Clause: Only one type of item per team (no 2 Leftovers).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Psycho Shifting Sleep and Effect Spore can bypass Sleep Clause.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have a question <.<. I have a Timid Eevee (who shall be a Jolteon) that is 30-28-19-30-27-31. Normally I won't accept anything under 24 (Ttar had a 24 Spec. Def and Hippowdon has 24 HP, which was only accepted because it's female), BUT this one has Hidden Power Grass 68. Even though it's defense is meh, and it's not 70, it's grass. Should I keep it or go =x?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jolteon won't be taking many hits. I'd say take what you get.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Jolteon is pretty frail anyways. You might as well keep it. A 68 HP Grass is still good. The only reason Jolteon even uses HP Grass is to keep Swampert at bay. A 68 HP Grass will still easily blow it out of the water.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, tis the first time I've gotten a lucky power. Though I did recently get an Entei that was Mild and okay ivs (all 25ish or so, not bad for a roaming legend) with 70 hp grass. <.< Too bad he was meant to be physical and I've never liked him

Riddle

Smash Lord
Jolteon is pretty frail anyways. You might as well keep it. A 68 HP Grass is still good. The only reason Jolteon even uses HP Grass is to keep Swampert at bay. A 68 HP Grass will still easily blow it out of the water.
Unfortunately thats not exactly true. Without specs Jolteon can not OHKO special defensive swampert (Cursepert) with HP: Grass. In fact, Cursepert can take a Max SpA LO Grass Knot from infernape which is quite a bit stronger.

Top Bottom