• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Since he is using Ubers its fair for you to use Ubers. I'd recommend throwing a Lugia on there and giving it Ice Beam (Or Blizzard if you're not going to waste your time V-Flipping) and some defensive **** like recover, and a Ho-oh with Punishment, Sacred Fire, some other stuff too I guess; over Alakazam and Rhyperior.
Then use something like your own Kyogre, throw some Choice Specs on it and give it Thunder, Surf, throw on anything else really.

Thats about all it'll take to ruin his team.

This really only works if you have HG, though.

boo13

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm not allowed to use ubers according to his rules. Otherwise I have Kyogre, Rayquaza, Arceus, Darkrai too. Is there any other OU pokemon that would be good

Btw, what is V-Flipping?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Voltorb Flipping.

Also, that isn't exactly fair, since Kyogre alone can literally obliterate every Non-Uber Pokemon in the game with absolutely 0 difficulty, plus you have to deal with 5 other Pokemon on top of something that beats everything in the game.

boo13

Smash Apprentice
So it's basically impossible? Or is there any chance?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There is only a chance is he is an absolute ****** and we literally walk you through every step to optimize your team to counter team him.

WouW

Smash Lord
It's far from impossible to beat someone who uses Ubers, if he sucks. I once gave my nephew an optimized Ubers team with PokéSAV and then beat him using a mono-bug team.

Weavile deals with most Dragons on his team. If his Mewtwo doesn't have a speed boosting nature and your Weavile does, that also deals a lot of damage to him.

And get a CB Scizor, in case Weavile misses a KO. Bullet Punch ftw.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's far from impossible to beat someone who uses Ubers, if he sucks. I once gave my nephew an optimized Ubers team with PokéSAV and then beat him using a mono-bug team
It does sound like he is going up against someone that is far from clueless about competitive Pokemon, being a scrub and being bad is two different things.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Basically, I need help beating my brother. He uses mostly uber sweepers with a few OU ones and I don't know how to beat it. He uses Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Latias, Garchomp, and Gengar. Their Ev's are all speed and sp. att/att. Idk their move set though.

Currently, I'm using Kingdra, Alakazam, Gengar, Rhyperior, Blissey, and Blastoise. I know a few of them are UU so which ones do you think I should replace and with what?

Also, can anyone explain to me how Shoddy works? Can you choose your own pokemon and give them whatever you want, or do you actually have to work for them?
Well, I'm not allowed to use ubers according to his rules. Otherwise I have Kyogre, Rayquaza, Arceus, Darkrai too. Is there any other OU pokemon that would be good
This, this I can help you with.

1. Approach friend
2. Send out team with Lugia, Giratina, Fist Plate Arceus, etc.
3. When he says only he can use Ubers, say "**** you."

Alternately...

Forretress's Toxic Spikes might help you, though you might want to burn his physical sweepers.
Blissey counters Mewtwo, Kyogre, and Gengar very well. Give her Ice Beam to hit Dragons who want to switch into you. Toxic or Thunder Wave as status; YMMV. I recommend Toxic. Beware of Self-destruct and Explosion; bring a defensive Rotom-A with Will-o-Wisp to cripple Rayquaza and Garchomp.
Choice Scarf Tyranitar can trap and Pursuit to death Latias and Gengar.
Choice Band Weavile is able to OHKO Rayquaza and Garchomp with Ice Shard. Weavile can also dent Latias with Pursuit, Night Slash, or Ice Shard.
Your Kingdra might be able to sweep with Dragon Dance given Kyogre has been switched in. Dragon Dance | Outrage | Waterfall | Hydro Pump / Draco Meteor.

So, to sum up. Forretress, Blissey, Rotom-A, Tyranitar, Weavile, Kingdra.

DO NOT use this team. You might want replacements for Forretress and Kingdra. You also want a Choice Band Scizor in there somewhere.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Right now I'm torn between replacing Mismagius with Porygon-Z

I mean Porygon is OU, but Mismagius just has that type that I need.

Any advice?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Porygon-Z can learn fly right? I'm getting one tomorrow and I was thinking of replacing Crobat with it...
Lol your friend trolled you.

Anyway, Jirachi, Latias, and Gengar are all also good in ubers. If you can get off a SD, Lucario can have fun. Too bad you can't use Groudon, or else I'd suggest Jumpluff.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Right now I'm torn between replacing Mismagius with Porygon-Z
I mean Porygon is OU, but Mismagius just has that type that I need.

Any advice?
PoryZ is not OU. Also, PoryZ and Mismagius aren't really that similar, unless you're using Nasty Plot, in which case PoryZ is kind of bad.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
PoryZ is BL.
Which is just ****ty OU.

Close enough.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
?

Dammit, wrong tier list open :mad:

*goes off to find the other list :mad:*

EDIT: Ok Mismagius is UU and Porygon is BL, I got the same situation here anyways (and don't blame me for forgetting which pokemon are in which tier, I have to have the tier list right next to me or else I won't remember. Yes I do have a short attention span :mad:)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
(and don't blame me for forgetting which pokemon are in which tier, I have to have the tier list right next to me or else I won't remember. Yes I do have a short attention span)
You have a short attention span? That's a bit random. Also, you're very forgetful regarding tier lists.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
... I had it lying around...

Anyways, that's what I use most of the time, I just accidentally use the wrong tier list by accident... yes short attention span.

So what Mismagius or PorygonZ?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who is better on a trick room team

glaceon or slowking?

dusknoir or snorlax?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
dusknoir and slowking are good at setting up trick room. I give the nod to slowking just because nasty plot+trick room is so much fun :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
... I had it lying around...

Anyways, that's what I use most of the time, I just accidentally use the wrong tier list by accident... yes short attention span.

So what Mismagius or PorygonZ?
What for? Boosting sweeper? Choiced sweeper? Scarf or Specs? Life Orb? Leftovers? Expert Belt feigning Choice? Chople Berry?
OU or Ubers?
Does you team need something to absorb Ground, Fighting, or Normal attacks? Do you have trouble with Ghost-types?
What else is on your team? Do you have dual screen support? Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes, Spikes? Sandstorm brewing?
Baton Passing, or under Trick Room?
who is better on a trick room team

glaceon or slowking?

dusknoir or snorlax?
Glaceon, Dusknoir.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nyeh, I'm not focusing on competitive play in my SS team.

I need Mismagious because it provides back up for my Celebi, but (even though I said I'm not focusing on the competitive play) it IS BL which is 1 tier up from Mismagius. And it does have the better moveset overall IMO

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I need Mismagious because it provides back up for my Celebi, but (even though I said I'm not focusing on the competitive play) it IS BL which is 1 tier up from Mismagius. And it does have the better moveset overall IMO
You "need Mismagius". There you go. Problem solved. Mismagius and Celebi are incredibly similar when it comes to weakness and resistances. I'm not sure you understand what "back up" means... or perhaps I don't understand what you mean.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well considering that Mismagius covers what Celebi is weak to, I would say that it's a good asset for my team.

But PorygonZ... it doesn't exactly cover up my Celebi well... but it has a better moveset.

Anyways, by need, I really don't mean need. I just say words like that in my speech most of the time... I need to pay attention to what I say :mad:

Also, if I sound exceedingly ******** today, I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep so I'm basically out of it right now

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Q: Can someone tell me where all the "day-of-the-week" kids are? I want to finish collecting the type-boosting items from them, but don't know where to find them.
There's a list of where they all can be found a house on Route 26/27.
Can someone tell me an easy way to gain experience?

I call my entire phone list and none of them want to battle with me...

I swear this was easier in Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby where there were about 10 trainers at a time who wanted to battle you.
Check the trainers for right day and time of day, then call them. You can do this over and over in the same time frame btw.

Also steal Lucky Eggs from swarming Chansey. :D

EDIT: Fail, I didn't check the page number.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mismagius doesn't cover all the weaknesses. They are both weak to Dark-types, for example.

It really depends on the situation of your team. Mismagius has decent Special Defense and can come in on an Earthquake / Power, setup a Substitute, and then start setting up. On the other hand Choice Scarf Porygon Z with Adaptability makes for a fast but strong revenge killer.

It depends on the set you wish to run and the niche it will hold in your team.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Mismagius and Celebi are incredibly similar when it comes to weakness and resistances. I'm not sure you understand what "back up" means... or perhaps I don't understand what you mean.
Derp.

Also, what Tery said.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Arite then...

After some consideration I've decided to keep Mismagius. As I said it covers a lot of Celebi's weaknesses and... I rather like Tery's idea.

Thanks guys

and btw annoying, SD/E/S is for Mismagius and CS/A is for PorygonZ

Might change teams again one day (and no I won't bother posting here, as I might have a good idea by then..)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Mismagius resists two of Celebi's weaknesses, Bug and Poison, neither of which are threatening.
Celebi resists none of Mismagius's weaknesses.
The two share two weaknesses, both of Mismagius's, Dark and Ghost.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah...Mismagius' weaknesses of Dark- and Ghost-types both his Celebi for supereffective damage, while Celebi's weakness to Poison- and Bug-types, not common, are guarded by Mismagius.

If you meant for different chances to switch them in (i.e. Mismagius on Earthquake), then that makes more sense.

-Terywj

Top Bottom