• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. that's exactly why playing 2 different characters can be good for different perspective. Knowing what the other player is trying to do with his character is pretty important, now that I play Falco regularly I think I've gotten better at the match-up for example.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Well.. that's exactly why playing 2 different characters can be good for different perspective. Knowing what the other player is trying to do with his character is pretty important, now that I play Falco regularly I think I've gotten better at the match-up for example.
Calgary will be scared

We all play Falco here lol

Except for like 2 people

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Calgary will be scared

We all play Falco here lol

Except for like 2 people
Hey.. knowing every option possible is very good because it leaves you open for a lot less. I just do whatever I can to eliminate holes in my play and so should everyone else. When you think you hit a plateau then that's what it's good to switch up the pace a little and see what different things you can do. Well at least I thought I hit a ceiling again a few months ago until I figured I should know more about my opponent. =P

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Hey.. knowing every option possible is very good because it leaves you open for a lot less. I just do whatever I can to eliminate holes in my play and so should everyone else. When you think you hit a plateau then that's what it's good to switch up the pace a little and see what different things you can do. Well at least I thought I hit a ceiling again a few months ago until I figured I should know more about my opponent. =P
I'm probably not at that stage yet, where I can start playing other characters in opposite matchups to see how they work. I'm still learning a lot purely by playing more, and I think I'll continue until my progress starts to slow down, then I'll have to start trying new things and finding different things that work

I think the only people at that level right now in Alberta are Falsefalco and Superboomfan (I've only played against Dan though)

It sort of also sucks that I didn't know you all existed during the times of At Melee's End and stuff, otherwise I would have totally went

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm probably not at that stage yet, where I can start playing other characters in opposite matchups to see how they work. I'm still learning a lot purely by playing more, and I think I'll continue until my progress starts to slow down, then I'll have to start trying new things and finding different things that work

I think the only people at that level right now in Alberta are Falsefalco and Superboomfan (I've only played against Dan though)

It sort of also sucks that I didn't know you all existed during the times of At Melee's End and stuff, otherwise I would have totally went
Hehe, I do think about that as well on my side from time to time. If you could have traveled back to 2001 for example, how different could it be or what could have been instead? It sucks sometimes but you gotta do with what you have here and now. =P

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Hehe, I do think about that as well on my side from time to time. If you could have traveled back to 2001 for example, how different could it be or what could have been instead? It sucks sometimes but you gotta do with what you have here and now. =P
I was watching you vs Carl, and Carl seems at least twice as good as I am now when he was 3 years ago

But yeah I'll definitely keep playing and hopefully there will be a Canada wide tournament again

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I like G&W but I feel like he has a lot of problems once he's in his shield. Also I feel that the inability to l-cancel the turtle and his uair hurts his combo ability outside of chainthrowing. I do think he's underrated though.
My next breakout character is gonna be G&W! n_n

True, but I think it kinda illustrates how GnW works: he's got a few neat tricks, but he still gets seriously ****ed up by anyone that actually respects them.

Of all the F/G tier characters, the only ones that I think are truly underrated are Yoshi and maybe Pichu. But they're still bad, and there's still only 11 meaningful characters in this game.
Yoshi yayayaya!, yeah' he's pretty underrated...

oh and read above

Yeah im doing Game and watch after Roy... let's go baby! wooooooooooot

uhhhhh yeah, so yeah Falco shoots lasers :)

leffen

Smash Champion
GAW is like ganon, he has a few strength that everyone must respect but his weaknesses are big enough that no effort will change how bad he is =o.

He is also, just like ganon, really easy to play and he has a very low ceiling.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
GAW is like ganon, he has a few strength that everyone must respect but his weaknesses are big enough that no effort will change how bad he is =o.

Inb4 ganon mains get salty

:phone:

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I kinda wish WC would travel more.
I think there are a few people going to APEX for Brawl, but as of now I think only one person from Alberta is going for Melee.

VECTORMAN DO IT G&W is such a fun char and imo so underrated

After I started playing him my entire city hates me :-\

But yeah he's pretty easy to pick up (offensively), but once someone starts lasering or dashdancing then there's imminent trouble

leffen

Smash Champion
you even master his defensive options really fast too (since he has so few good mainly LOL), once you have played gaw for what, 1 week, your improvement will build on outplaying your opponent on a fundamental level (much like ganon) rather than actually improving with your character (since he is so limited).

wh0pping noobs with gaw is terribly easy however ;D

oh and I wish someone from the states would stop being lazy and go to europe sometime, we have the tournaments, its just the americans who won't come D:

Bones0

Smash Legend
you even master his defensive options really fast too (since he has so few good mainly LOL), once you have played gaw for what, 1 week, your improvement will build on outplaying your opponent on a fundamental level (much like ganon) rather than actually improving with your character (since he is so limited).

oh and I wish someone from the states would stop being lazy and go to europe sometime, we have the tournaments, its just the americans who won't come D:
We will once you guys prove at least ONE of your players is on Mango's level.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
^not sure if trolling...regardless, we don't have anyone here on mangos level either, so that shouldn't matter. not like any top level player can come from the US and win a national out there with ease.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
^not sure if trolling...regardless, we don't have anyone here on mangos level either, so that shouldn't matter. not like any top level player can come from the US and win a national out there with ease.
True. A foreigner going to a different country's tournament won't win the first time imo

Props to Armada for sticking in there and winning after a couple of tries

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
if i were to bet on any top level player doing best out there, besides mango, i'd have to say hbox. europes matchup experience with puff is so minimal it's silly. i bet hax would do work out there too. seems like 2 of the most underplayed best characters, in europe.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

2 "M"s

money

mother

WORKING ON IT

Divinokage

Smash Legend

If that were true then you should see a lot of people do better but I guess not, huh?

Ganon has infinite potential.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
If that were true then you should see a lot of people do better but I guess not, huh?

Ganon has infinite potential.
I think he means "easy to play" as in character specific tech skill, timing your moves etc

If you know anything that's especially hard to learn as Ganon then please, do tell :)

You won't see alot of Ganon's pop out of nowhere because of this because you need to know how to use the techniques to their full effect in as many situations as possible even though the techniques might be easy to learn. This seems to be what differ you from randomganondorf165 aswell as being smarter when it comes to the fundamentals within f the game.

crush

Smash Master
I never use lasers. :]
It may be fun but winning is what matters, use more lasers and easy autocombos and then bair their up-b a dozen times or so for edgeguarding. Watch falcos like PP, and learn to admire his efficiency. You may not be having fun, but at least you're winning.

"the point of life is not your win to loss ratio divided by the number of lasers you shoot each set multiplied by how much money you have; the point of life is whether or not you won" - albert einstein, 2006

Dees

Smash Journeyman
It may be fun but winning is what matters, use more lasers and easy autocombos and then bair their up-b a dozen times or so for edgeguarding. Watch falcos like PP, and learn to admire his efficiency. You may not be having fun, but at least you're winning.

"the point of life is not your win to loss ratio divided by the number of lasers you shoot each set multiplied by how much money you have; the point of life is whether or not you won" - albert einstein, 2006

If you aren't having fun, you shouldn't sacrifice the love of the game for winning.
However not shooting lasers is still not good

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Jumping off of the stage and fairing them with Ganon destroys ppl at low percents. That is Ganons secret to winning.

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice

Crush, you know my victory didn't count. I beat you by spamming lasers, both in game and metaphorically. ;]

kevlar

Smash Cadet
lasers are very good with falco. one of his best moves i recommend that you use them rubyiris.
Terrible advice. Every good player knows that lasers are falco's worst move, and the reason why he's bottom tier. Falco's only move worse than his laser is his shine. Try watching some lambchops videos if you want to know how to play right (meaning without lasers) Falco's best move (especially for starting combos and camping) is his upB.
:troll:

Top Bottom