• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mango has a habit of always 3-0'ing his opponents in the second set of Grand Finals whenever he's sent to loser's. I don't know how other players at that level seem to lose fire, and he only seems to gain it. But yeah, Peepee didn't get tossed around this time, he did really well.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I actually thought Mango was not playing the best I remember him by. He had more technical inconsistency than usual because perhaps he has not been playing as much? I thought it was noticeable, for example getting stuck in shine for a while that happened repeatedly. He won though, so defending him seems odd but that's what I thought and experienced this tournament. I'm not really trying to discredit anything, I was just inputting an opinion on the other side of the spectrum because no one seemed to talk anything about what Mango was doing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I agree, Mango's consistency in terms of tech skill was not at its best. I felt like he made quite a few errors which surprised me. At the same time, so did Peepee. It was kidding messy, but it's funny how top level play doesn't look that much different.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I didn't even know about IMPULSE, let alone it was in Toronto, which is about a 3 HOUR DRIVE from where I live. The fact that great players like Mango, Dr.PeePee, Mew2King, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze, Kage, etc. attended makes me mad that I didn't go. I could have made IMPULSE my first tournament, and a great one at that.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Mango/Dr.PeePee **** **** up in teams. I also can't wait for singles matches of course.

I'm guessing SF's-GF's for both doubles and singles will be uploaded to Juggleguy's channel?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I didn't even know about IMPULSE, let alone it was in Toronto, which is about a 3 HOUR DRIVE from where I live. The fact that great players like Mango, Dr.PeePee, Mew2King, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze, Kage, etc. attended makes me mad that I didn't go. I could have made IMPULSE my first tournament, and a great one at that.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Mango/Dr.PeePee **** **** up in teams. I also can't wait for singles matches of course.

I'm guessing SF's-GF's for both doubles and singles will be uploaded to Juggleguy's channel?
It was hardly **** **** up in teams. It was REALLY close.

whitemountain123

Smash Cadet
pp definitely stepped up his strat for falco dittoes, but it honestly didn't look like either him or mango were playing their best (imo compared to pound 5 pp and rom4 or genesis 2 mango for instance).

they were playing great, no doubt, but i don't think pp usually misses that many edgeguards and mango just didn't seem to be moving as smoothly as he has in the past.

unknown522

Some guy

You can watch it right now on www.twitch.tv/eschamptv

Singles GFs is around the 2:00:00 mark of the last vid. If you see brawl, then you went too far probably.

The beginning of the vi should be mango vs m2k WSF. All the sets are in a row.

They should be uploaded to YouTube on the ESC channel, but they may take a while. I dunno

:phone:

Doser

Smash Ace
PP literally had Mango in Set 1 Game 4 when he missed one down air on the right side of the stage. PP had it SET UP (he knew it too because he put himself in the correct position and everything and had successfully performed that edgeguard earlier in the set) and he messed it up due to nerves, chance, whatever. All I know is, God gave Mango his win that day for some unknown reason. But when PP gets another chance...

let's just say this.

Even if God is in the way, PP will ****ing slit his throat and take the win he deserves.

He shall be crowned King. If it isn't now, it will be someday SOON.
Wow the Dr. PP defense force is in full swing.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I don't think pp would like that post, hes from NC and is a pretty devoted christian like me... i've been to church with him several times and i don't think hed find that funny *shrug*

Just thought id let you know

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I never realized how much us Canadians sound like Canadians until I heard RaynEx and Unknown talk lol (and Kage too, but he's super Canadian).

Mahone

Smash Champion
I...wasn't really exaggerating for comedic effect but okay.
I don't understand what you are tyring to say in this post?

but it's no big deal... you could just edit your first post (with a short apology in the reason) and then there is no harm done. Thing about Kevin is that even if he read your post and found it kinda upsetting he would never say anything about it and he'd act nice to you because he is a nice guy, but he probably would judge you differently and possibly treat you differently behind your back...

like i said before, this isn't a big deal at all, and the idea of the joke IS funny, jus sayin it might be received differently than you might think

clowsui

Smash Legend
Done

also I guess there is no other discernible reason to describe PP as a god killer other than for comedic effect >.> my b. I was using the extremity of it to demonstrate the lengths to which I considered that he'd go in order to become #1 without real consideration to humor

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya for me it was just like the imagery sliting god's throat...

like if you had just said beating god, i don't think i (or pp) would mind at all because beating god isn't necessarily a bad thing, you could argue that its overcoming all obstacles god throws at you ect. so there would be no offence there...

but ya whatevs, this is bumming me out, whats done is done, lets move on

Also thanks a lot for learning from your mistake rather than raging at me which i would expect 99% of smashboards to do

clowsui

Smash Legend
I may be agnostic/atheist but that doesn't mean there's room for disrespect when it comes to people's faith lol. Thanks for pointing my mistake out

and yeah the intense imagery was moreso to drive the point home...but this one went a little too far.

anyways PP whenever you read this i hope you've won enough melee to come show mikehaze and mr-r what they're doing wrong. the brawl marth metagame needs you

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I actually thought Mango was not playing the best I remember him by. He had more technical inconsistency than usual because perhaps he has not been playing as much? I thought it was noticeable, for example getting stuck in shine for a while that happened repeatedly. He won though, so defending him seems odd but that's what I thought and experienced this tournament. I'm not really trying to discredit anything, I was just inputting an opinion on the other side of the spectrum because no one seemed to talk anything about what Mango was doing.
Glad I'm not the only one that thought he was unusually sloppy, and not just in the usual respect of taking too many risks.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
idk if he was trolling or not. either way, he seemed right.

i wouldn't say mango got ***** by hbox or anything, but it was a swift, smart switch to fox after the first match.

unknown522

Some guy
He had controller issues. He borrowed my tri-wing earlier that day because it felt awkward to him (buttons and stuff).

He was talking about it being the best controller ever, the night before that though.

:phone:

Doser

Smash Ace
IThing about Kevin is that even if he read your post and found it kinda upsetting he would never say anything about it and he'd act nice to you because he is a nice guy, but he probably would judge you differently and possibly treat you differently behind your back...
Thanks for telling us that you believe Kevin would act like a total douche about an obvious joke.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Kevin Nanney is going to cut off God's head and **** down his throat. Then he'll beat Mango in Falco dittos for comedic effect.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
normally i don't support trolling..but when people are that dumb it's probably justified..it's not even a particularly good imitation..sometimes these boards amaze me

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Mango's technical consisency was way below par, I thought pp was gonna win, he was playing really well

JPOBS

Smash Hero
haha aight cat's outta the bag. i didnt wanna stir nothing but WE OUT!

impulse put some things in perspective for me.
Mango was playing pretty bad compared to his standards. He wasn't playing as well as he did at genesis 2 (where he lost), and yet he still won.

PP was playing probably the best i've ever seen him play, but lost anyway

makes me think armada is on some serious next level ish and probably would have stomped impulse

there. i said it lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cool.

i didn't really care either way. i just looked away and suddenly text no longer existed.

i think PP vs hbox is more the match to watch to understand how pp vs armada will go. unless armada has a space animal to fight PP with, pp's form of consistently holding a slightly advantageous neutral position will work rather well, i believe.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, we'll find out how it will go not too long from now. FC!!! If I can get my basic techs better by then, I think I have a better fighting chance to beat at least one of them. As I am now, it's too unlikely.

Beat!

Smash Master
haha aight cat's outta the bag. i didnt wanna stir nothing but WE OUT!

impulse put some things in perspective for me.
Mango was playing pretty bad compared to his standards. He wasn't playing as well as he did at genesis 2 (where he lost), and yet he still won.

PP was playing probably the best i've ever seen him play, but lost anyway

makes me think armada is on some serious next level ish and probably would have stomped impulse

there. i said it lol
This man has seen the light.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Nah

you saw hbox stomp the mango falco

you saw the pp falco stomp hbox

Mango's fox is not his falco; PP usually beats mango's fox IIRC.

Armada beating mango's fox because mango can't falco against floaties doesn't mean that PP can't take armada.

PP's set with armada at Apex was closer than 3-1 implies, and PP was playing better at impulse than apex

PP gon whoop armada at SR

Beat!

Smash Master
^Wanna sidebet? I probably can't go to SR anymore, but I have some spare money on my paypal iirc, so it would be fun to spice things up a little. :p

Doser

Smash Ace
Just because PP may have gotten better doesn't stop Armada from getting better, I think it may be closer but Armada will most likely win. This will be PP's first time (I think) going out of the country for a tournament, and Armada will be right at home.

Top Bottom