• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Bah.. 3 stocks or not doesn't really matter to me, but I do like to observe what you do and what you can be doing in the future... how that turns out can only be seen when you play the game of course lol. So ya, it was lots of fun. =P

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Uh...thanks, Kage, but you three stocked me in all of our matches. But I'll keep that in mind. :)

I didn't get to watch PP vs Javi at the tournament. Just finished watching it. Javi is very, very good, and very smart and adaptive, but I think it was just that he was soo very fast and technical that got to PP. I think PP has his number next time. But Javi is definitely top 5 world Foxes (I want to say second best only to Mango, but I can't...)
I don't kniw why can't say that , I am convinced of it. If PP and Javi have a rematch I expect it to be closer. PP should at least be able to take a match off of him but I'm not sure he'll win the set.

Edit: After watching the set yet again. I realized that something great that Javi did was to not block PP's lasers, for the most part whenever PP would laswer Javi would short hop over them(while maintaining position) instead of blocking them. Javi really knew what he was doing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, I guess you'd have to consider all the Foxes we have to contend for second place. Can someone help me out? I don't follow Foxes that closely. I know that there's Lovage, Jman, Silent Wolf, Javi of course, Leffen (though I don't know where he placed in Apex, I was playing him, and it's obvious that he's really, really good), and...who else?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Well, I guess you'd have to consider all the Foxes we have to contend for second place. Can someone help me out? I don't follow Foxes that closely. I know that there's Lovage, Jman, Silent Wolf, Javi of course, Leffen (though I don't know where he placed in Apex, I was playing him, and it's obvious that he's really, really good), and...who else?
Cactuar, Colbol. Chillindude. DruggedFox. Lozr. Unknown was 2nd highest placing Fox to Javi.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Every other Fox would have(and has been) scraped by DrPeePee. I was begining to think it was impossible for a fox main to beat a Falco of his level. But apparently not.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
like I keep watching PP vs Javi over and over again

Javi just does stuff so quickly that it's not even like a matter of skill anymore cause they're both so good, it's just that Fox is so much faster and can do so much more that someone who plays like PP just can't react fast enough...

I feel really bad for PP though, especially after watching him throw his controller in bewilderment after the match (not out of anger like Wobbles though, so props to that at least)

It must feel terrible when you put so much work into the game and someone you've almost never even heard of just comes out and dominates everything you worked for...

I really want PP to establish himself as at least the top 3 in the world, but it looks like we have a new contender...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Javi uses his right hand like playing with an arcade stick, it's a great way to have maximum speed for inputs, especially with Fox. It works for him. It's much easier to do that way I think, one finger can press something instantly to the other fingers.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Javi uses his right hand like playing with an arcade stick, it's a great way to have maximum speed for inputs, especially with Fox. It works for him. It's much easier to do that way I think, one finger can press something instantly to the other fingers.
This makes me wonder, he must have corrected how he held his controller somewhere along the line, right? If he can do that, maybe I should too, although my tech skill isn't too bad already.

I mean nobody (at least to my knowledge) would look at a GC controller they've never seen before and think to not even hold it in one hand, would they?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
He just plays so uniquely. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that he plays so differently than every other Fox. I'm not saying he's not good, I think he's one of the best (and probably my favorite Fox now), but I think after a few more matches he would struggle much more.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Hmm.. I disagree with that Melo, I saw him body sooo many good players.. lol.
Of course he did, he's absolutely amazing. I'm not at all taking anything away from how good he is. I'm just also including the fact that he plays so uniquely. That is another factor in why he performs so well.

Also, what's up with his aerial double shines? At first I thought it was amazing, then I thought about it more and it seems like a pretty bad idea. Loss of second jump, slower to get back to the ledge/stage to continue the edge guard, negligible added knockback. Am I missing something, or is that purely to be flashy?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Javi has been doing the double shine spike for years. I've never seen him get punished for it. And I've never seen him miss it...If he did get punished for it he just wouldn't simply do it ever.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Apparently, double shines send the opponent at a more downwards angle than regular, single shines. So it's kind of a high risk, high reward sorta thing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Because he knows when the opponent is going to retaliate and shine is too fast to do any counter-attacks except another shine, but it clanks so he does another faster than the opponent can do his. Precision ftw.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Like I said, the way he handles his controllers with his right hand, allows him to do 2-3 shines pretty much guaranteed faster than anyone else.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I mean the aerial, off-stage double shine. Sure, he never gets punished for it, just as he would never get punished for a single off-stage shine. But it takes away his second jump, forcing him to up or side B back to the stage, which is slower than double jumping back.

However, if the second shine sends them lower, then I get it. More people should do it then, haha.

Also, sometimes I throw out a double-shine on get up or as my opponent approaches because their attack will clank with the first one, then the second hits. It's really hard to get right, but when it works, you feel like an absolute boss.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Hi KirbyKaze. Sorry for hounding you for friendlies on Sunday. Perhaps another time. (Rochester needs to go up to Canada, anyways...)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Haha, it's not a big deal. I just... wasn't in a good mood. Going out in such a violent fashion in front of several hundred people is frustrating.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Bull****. You absolutely do not accept Mango's lost at genesis2 because Mango choose to play super aggressive to please the crowd instead of doing what he needed to do to secure the win. Mango would have won had he slowed it down a little, right?

When Armada beats Mango at genesis3 or wherever else they meet, you'll have another john safe and ready for Mango. Shut up.
Wow dude, what's your problem? Way to put words in his mouth and then jump on him for things he hasn't even said. He said he ACCEPTS the loss at Genesis 2 because its a more accurate representation of both players playing their best where Armada wins where he felt that Apex Armada was on point but Mang0 was having an off day.

And those counting the crew battle as more evidence of Armada dominating Mang0 really shouldn't. They were practically even and if things go even slightly differently it could have easily been Mang0 taking more stocks than Armada did and on a stage that favors Peach in the matchup. Plus its crews. The much more solid evidence is in the brackett (the loses were more solid as well) for Armada being the new king of smash.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
honor is a crutch used by scrubs to justify losing.

also this isn't just a game. this is a sport. people are playing to win, as they should be. that means that, if hbox goes puff, armada will go YL, as he should. if you don't enjoy watching it, that's not their fault.

If you want to play a game just for fun, get the **** off of smashboards, for god's sake. If you want to play melee competitively, you have to admit that it's a sport and sometimes you have to play against jigglypuff because someone else wants to play as her.
read properly mah dooh, don't assume things I didn't say.

when did I ever say that I wanted to play this game just for fun?
when did I argue against competitiveness?
I'm just angry with gay play within the competition.

Playing to win is fine with me, I also play to win in tourney, but you can do it in an honourable way or in a disgustingly weak and lame way.

I don't mind a little camping every now and then (the zoning battles can be very intense too) but come on, the way hbox plays, and the resulting young link counter? This ain't brawl for god's sake.
I was proud of melee being the way it was, but play like this is eating at that pride.

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
Hi does anyone know if falco's upsmash (used with timing) will beat the following aerials? like how much priority does it have? and also how good is usmash on shields?

-ganon bair/dair
-falcon bair/dair
-peach nair

Mahone

Smash Champion
javi's brother plays falco

pp's brother plays fox

That's all i have to contribute to this EPIC conversation....

Oh also, javi said that he started playing that way cuz it was easier to play megaman holding the controller that way according to him...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
may not be posting much for a while.....too much stuff I'll have to read. I'd rather train anyway.

if I make any more big revelations and flesh them out well then I will certainly write about them.

javi is good, armada is good.

I'll probably go back and respond to some of these posts later on. thanks kk for making some of it fun to read at least <3

Battlecow

Play to Win
Playing to win is fine with me, I also play to win in tourney, but you can do it in an honourable way or in a disgustingly weak and lame way.
You have no idea what "play to win" means. It means that you have to stop using words like "honor"

:( for PP

Top Bottom