• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
After playing him I'm pretty convinced that he's very good, but that he's just ridiculously hard to beat the first time you play him. I know it's just friendlies but all the people that played him in a second set did significantly better (read: in many cases, won) after adjusting.
Well Lovage beat him in winners bracket and then lost to him in losers bracket...

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Lmao at people saying PP doesn't have a chance anymore, ignorant fools.
Anyone has a chance against anyone. Maybe I have .00001% chance of beating Armada! Our point is that the chances are low enough for us to be convinced Armada will beat him the next time they play. Armada's win over PP was quite convincing, and then right after that he loses to Javi! There is a clear skill different between PP and Armada atm.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
"Armada's win over PP was quite convincing"

Didn't that set go to last stock last hit at high percent? In fact, PP was winning that and then armada did a good trade when PP didn't have a double jump IIRC.

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
is there a guaranteed way for me to punish my opponents when they r over 100% and they roll/stand up/get up attack from the ledge
yes they are vulnerable during their getup animation and you can just d-smash them as falco.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
"Armada's win over PP was quite convincing"

Didn't that set go to last stock last hit at high percent? In fact, PP was winning that and then armada did a good trade when PP didn't have a double jump IIRC.
I just rewatched the set, Armada 2 stocked PP in games 1 and 3. Game 4 was the only match Armada won where it was close. I'm at a lost for how you can say Armada didn't win comfortable. Just because PP didn't get ***** doesn't mean it was such a close set. I'd advise you to watch the set again.

Edit: And even though Armada lost game 2. He nearly won it despite being down 3 stocks 1. I think during that Armada had PP figured out.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yes sveet that's true, but I think lovage was the only person I saw that happen with. He's the exception, not the rule. I spent a large part of day 2 just watching javi play against people/play him myself, so unless he was sandbagging after he beat each person I'd like to think my analysis is fairly accurate.

And yeah redd... I wish people who weren't there would understand that. Axe lost to stric9 in first round at apex, despite beating him with YL in a pre apex tourney just days beforehand -.- Things just didn't make sense, but it's all good. Apex was soooo weird.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ok i trust you DF. Either way Javi is hella good
Javi is amazing.

I think PP, because he is so methodical, will do better against people like Hbox and Armada, but Javi being like Shiz but with more smarts, will do better against people like PP and Mango.

I am now taking notes from PP and Javi and am concocting a demon conjuration of the both mixed together.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
The only way to be Armada is to have the spacing of Mango, the patience of PP, and the intelligence of Javi. You read it here first :p

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
It's not about falco, but why is nobody talking about the Mango vs. HBox set? Like, what the hell happened? After totally cruising on HBox at Genesis2, Mango lost a fairly close set Fox vs. Jiggs, immediately after being 3-0'd by Armada. I hate to say this, but if Mango's Fox can't stand up against the two kings of defensive floaty play, who can? I'd like to think that Mango prepared his Fox for APEX after losing at Genesis2, but maybe he just choked and played poorly (I don't understand how high-level Fox works at all).

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It's not about falco, but why is nobody talking about the Mango vs. HBox set? Like, what the hell happened? After totally cruising on HBox at Genesis2, Mango lost a fairly close set Fox vs. Jiggs, immediately after being 3-0'd by Armada. I hate to say this, but if Mango's Fox can't stand up against the two kings of defensive floaty play, who can? I'd like to think that Mango prepared his Fox for APEX after losing at Genesis2, but maybe he just choked and played poorly (I don't understand how high-level Fox works at all).
I just don't think Mango is as driven as he used to be. He came to Apex to have fun, and not necessarily to win. I expect him to lose to Armada and go even with Hbox from now on(or maybe Hbox will start beating him since he's more motivated, I'm not sure on that)

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
Mango lost to Hbox more because of his set v. Armada than because of Hbox. The slight Hbox upset had a lot to do with Javi and Armada.

Izek

Smash Cadet
I'd like to think that Mango prepared his Fox for APEX after losing at Genesis2, but maybe he just choked and played poorly (I don't understand how high-level Fox works at all).
from what i understand. I remember on Prog's Scientology stream, mango was saying that he hadn't played since Rom 4. I honestly think mango's only practice was only when the europeans came like 2 or 3 days before apex.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
from what i understand. I remember on Prog's Scientology stream, mango was saying that he hadn't played since Rom 4. I honestly think mango's only practice was only when the europeans came like 2 or 3 days before apex.
yep, truth.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
the torch has irrefutably been passed IMO. Armada's #1 in the world right now, and if you argue otherwise, you're johning stupid hard for Mango. doesn't matter what his practice or motivation has been like, you can't argue with recent tourney results.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Mango lost to Hbox more because of his set v. Armada than because of Hbox. The slight Hbox upset had a lot to do with Javi and Armada.
What does having played Armada recently have to do with losing to HBox? If anything, I'd think that he'd be more prepared to deal with another defensive floaty. At any rate, HBox showed commendable improvement since Genesis2, going much closer vs. Armada and beating Mango.

Van.

Smash Ace
^It's very clear that the demoralization of the set with armada and the workload of 3 high level sets before him got to mango, it was obvious to me from watching the stream. Hbox did not reinvent the fox matchup in the past few months.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Mang0 was still playing really good until the end of the last match with Armada, where he got sloppy and then it continued into his matches with Hungrybox. I don't know if he choked or just plain didn't want it bad enough but he played sloppier it seemed at the end of each of the matches with Armada and Hungrybox. With Armada he would keep with him pretty well or overcome a good deficit and have the momentum and be in position to take the win and then collapse over a poor decision and from there on it was over. Armada's play was far more consistent than Mang0's and that was the difference I thought. I expected a lot better play than that from him.

G

genkaku

hbox was on point and a lot of fun to watch imo.
GFs were terrible. As a spectator, I hate that young link. It's like, specifically designed to make hbox look bad, even though it's the gayest, rudest CP he could think of.
Armada always plays to win and good melee is just an occasional consequence, exactly not like mango. Proof: that ****ing young link. Proof: how eager he was after they got courtesy stocks during the crew battle, even though it was over before it started. His peach is legit, and until recently I've loved watching him play.

Beat!

Smash Master
Not liking his YL is understandable (albeit unnecessary), but claiming that "good melee is an occasional consequence" is just laughable and straight up wrong.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
hbox was on point and a lot of fun to watch imo.
GFs were terrible. As a spectator, I hate that young link. It's like, specifically designed to make hbox look bad, even though it's the gayest, rudest CP he could think of.
Armada always plays to win and good melee is just an occasional consequence, exactly not like mango. Proof: that ****ing young link. Proof: how eager he was after they got courtesy stocks during the crew battle, even though it was over before it started. His peach is legit, and until recently I've loved watching him play.
QQ someone's using the rules to his advantage to combat the gayest high tier in the game by outgaying it. gtfo of here, Armada's Y. Link is ****ing awesome and exposes Jiggs for the limited character she is.

Beat!

Smash Master
... I have no idea where that came from.

But sure, if we ever meet, we can MM. I like the Puff matchup and could use some more practice in it.

Oh, wait, you play Falco in melee? Free money, then. 100$?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
genkaku do you play this game? i don't think i've ever met you and I know like everyone in the upper midwest.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
QQ someone's using the rules to his advantage to combat the gayest high tier in the game by outgaying it. gtfo of here, Armada's Y. Link is ****ing awesome and exposes Jiggs for the limited character she is.
Puff may be limited but she limits multiple other characters puffs not great for doing a lot like fox and falco can. Puff is great for limiting the opposition. YL has a alright amount of options against puff from what I see.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
As much as I hate how it needs to be done, playing gayer against a borderline gay character + gay playstyle is totally right. It may be fun for Puff players to play other people, so it's only fair for others to have fun back.

I'm sure people would still join a tournament even if Puff was banned.

:phone:

genkaku is ********.

Top Bottom