• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It doesn't mean you learned what you need in those 26 tournaments. You said you wanted to be top level then you gotta put an enormous amount of time everyday or close to, if you want to catch up.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
It doesn't mean you learned what you need in those 26 tournaments. You said you wanted to be top level then you gotta put an enormous amount of time everyday or close to, if you want to catch up.
i dont care if i want to be top.

i play for fun.

unknown522

Some guy
I think most people doing MMA now go for a background with one of the striking styles (muay thai, boxing, etc) and one of the ground styles (jiu jitsu, wrestling, etc) if only to have defense against it, but both require you to have ridiculously good cardio endurance so you're not tired if the match drags out for more than say 5 minutes. It's really cool how being a talented fighter forces you to be diverse. Good **** @ your friend, it's really rewarding stuff.
yeah man. Seriously

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
how do i tech foxes shines? i try pressing L right before i get shined and i usually fail =/. i was wondering if its possible to buffer smash DI with the cstick?

when im trying to techchase an opponent that has fallen down on a platform when is it best to jump above them? i usually avoid doing this cause i dont like getting hit by getup attacks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
how do i tech foxes shines? i try pressing L right before i get shined and i usually fail =/. i was wondering if its possible to buffer smash DI with the cstick?

when im trying to techchase an opponent that has fallen down on a platform when is it best to jump above them? i usually avoid doing this cause i dont like getting hit by getup attacks.
Maybe you need to hold down as well? Either way I can sometimes hold the shoulder button and be completely solid in my techs against Fox's shines.

You don't have to jump above someone if you're worried about getup attacks. You could condition them to do the getup attack and punish them in a variety of ways, including double jumping above them then shine stalling last second to bait it leading to a Dair combo.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I think jumping above them with a certain timing lets you fall onto the platform with a dair to hit no tech and still give you enough time to utilt/grab/whatever on reaction to the other tech options.

If you don't have time to position/time your jump comfortably you could shine -> waveland, or short hop upair (some stages) them in reaction to their tech or getup choice.

You can also try full hop bair to hit them on the way up from your jump if they're in kill range or to setup an easy edgeguard.

I want to try full hop dair against tech toward the center at mid to high % because you land on the top platform and they get bounced right up to you.

What do you guys do against peach floating about sh laser/ sh bair/ sh uair range? Hitting her out of it seems risky because her beefy nair discourages trades. I can't challenge her descent because she gets to space her falling fair, and I don't want to give up space because she can just do it again. Maybe get behind her?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The Dair to the top platform is really good but it is only a good idea at higher percents imo.

I like pressuring Peach when she lands. You could also always shoot her as she descends with a move or WD into her and Bair/Uair/shenanigans.

If it's not FD, getting above her solves the problem quickly lol. There's not much point to floating at that height if Falco isn't grounded(which means there's no laser threat).

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Full jump aerials are generally how I handle peach when she floats at that height, especially considering peach is there at my own volition.

:phone:

PB&J

Smash Hero
I want to Falco ditto all the falcos that are going to apex,i think i never played anyone with my falco,so pp,moose and who ever else that is going to apex,laser ditto me

:phone:

mers

Smash Ace
Hey, Falco players!

Does anyone wanna help me with the Falco ditto matchup super early at APEX? My pool is filled with Falco and I wanna learn cuz I don't understand that matchup at all. When I have laser control it's smooth sailing, but I usually lose the laser battle.

We can make them MMs if it helps, though I'm poor and can't afford expensive ones. But I want help, not just a beating.

Thanks y'all!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
We did this thing that was super hard where u did 10 pushups then 10 military shoulder presses with no weight then 9 pushups and 10 military shoulder presses then 8 pushups all the way till we did 1 pushup and 10 presses. By the time you reach 4 pushups, you might as well be doing a thousand. Then to take a break between excersizes, you jump rope 100 times then 100 on each leg. But you'll feel like a man afterwards its fun. lol.
Because cardio isn't manly unless you destroy your rotator cuff.

Hey, Falco players!

Does anyone wanna help me with the Falco ditto matchup super early at APEX? My pool is filled with Falco and I wanna learn cuz I don't understand that matchup at all. When I have laser control it's smooth sailing, but I usually lose the laser battle.

We can make them MMs if it helps, though I'm poor and can't afford expensive ones. But I want help, not just a beating.

Thanks y'all!
Apparently, you just need to D Air D Smash and U Smash OOS. Now, allow me to repeat that forty seven times.

/m2k

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Hahaha yeah I thought about that, but I figure most people in this community are good sports.
Best advice I can give is, even when you lose that momentum, be ready at any opportunity to get a single hit in, cause you'll throw off their rhythm as well.. usually.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Just here to say that Shiz is amazing and that he shows people why I love melee with his aggro, unique and fox-****** falco

So happy he went to Apex

EDIT: This thread will have an awkward silence when PP gets back. I thought he played pretty good but Javi is just insane and Armada is Armada

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ok Mango vs Javi made me feel a bit better but still, maybe I should just be a Fox main now, like Javi vs PP there was like one part in all the games where PP clearly was playing offence just cause Fox is too goddamn fast

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Even though I love PP, it was refreshing to see a Fox go to work on a Falco for once, especially one at PPs level. The style he was playing was brilliant, even went well against Mango.

And Armada just seemed at a whole different level than anyone else at this one. PP thought Mango would **** him, surprisingly it went the opposite way. Armada has been practicing the hardest I guess.

Hopefully this will make everyone practice 10x more. I might not root for Armada anymore now that he's clearly the one to beat!

G

genkaku

wth, this is exactly what everyone said after genesis, except for at mango. This thread likes to cater to the latest results and nothing more.

crush

Smash Master
wow chu dat did great with young link. especially in teams vs isai and ken on poke floatzone. lets ban young link or just ban posting the latest tournament results online or just post everything in opposite order so at 2001 we posted the results to apex 2012 and just now put up results to that first tournament chillin had in like 2002.

sounds good right guise?

uhmm .. guise?

Top Bottom