• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member

It's true. Kage almost never gets upset/frustrated even when he loses.

Also, a friend of mine got into MMA about a year ago. The exercises that he learned from the gym, which he taught me are pretty tough, but really fun.

He used to be kinda chubby before getting into it, but now he's completely changed after a year.
I think most people doing MMA now go for a background with one of the striking styles (muay thai, boxing, etc) and one of the ground styles (jiu jitsu, wrestling, etc) if only to have defense against it, but both require you to have ridiculously good cardio endurance so you're not tired if the match drags out for more than say 5 minutes. It's really cool how being a talented fighter forces you to be diverse. Good **** @ your friend, it's really rewarding stuff.

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
Umbreon and Kage i trained with my friend who is an MMA fighter for one summer so we could do the spartan race. the Cardio he does is so intense i thought i would die sometimes.

We did this thing that was super hard where u did 10 pushups then 10 military shoulder presses with no weight then 9 pushups and 10 military shoulder presses then 8 pushups all the way till we did 1 pushup and 10 presses. By the time you reach 4 pushups, you might as well be doing a thousand. Then to take a break between excersizes, you jump rope 100 times then 100 on each leg. But you'll feel like a man afterwards its fun. lol.

On the note of jab dd grab. I sometimes do this because jab is a good way to kind of confuse your opponent and get them to spot dodge. Really what i'm dong in that situaton is waiting for them to do something during the time that you're DD, and grab is only one of a multitude of possible responses. For example if they are fox and they fsmash and you go into grab you're probably gong to get stuffed but if u just dd a little longer you can drill shine or whatever you feel like at that point.

I bet you're right that DD is safer because it lets you reply in any possible way than instead of just jabbing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
damn kage, i ran amarathon this november it was so hard. i thought i was gonna die like half hte time. how did you do?
Ya about half-way, it was all willpower, my legs felt like jello but I just kept running. I just kept telling myself that saying: "It's ok to give up as long as your feet keep moving" lmao. Just took it literally this time.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
On the note of jab dd grab. I sometimes do this because jab is a good way to kind of confuse your opponent and get them to spot dodge. Really what i'm dong in that situaton is waiting for them to do something during the time that you're DD, and grab is only one of a multitude of possible responses. For example if they are fox and they fsmash and you go into grab you're probably gong to get stuffed but if u just dd a little longer you can drill shine or whatever you feel like at that point.

I bet you're right that DD is safer because it lets you reply in any possible way than instead of just jabbing.
jab DD nair is what's up. early today i did like dair shine dair jab DD nair and my opponent's head exploded

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I think I agree with foxlisk, though I think the point of the grab is they stayed in shield (or began to shield?) and the spacing is too tight for most people to nair pressure. If they're out of shield and at high % dash attack to punish whiffed attack might be safer? If they sit in shield I would be prepared to do that no input dashed jump to late nair shield pressure stuff, since if they're in shield for that long they're probably waiting for some hitstun to happen anyway.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I think I agree with foxlisk, though I think the point of the grab is they stayed in shield (or began to shield?) and the spacing is too tight for most people to nair pressure. If they're out of shield and at high % dash attack to punish whiffed attack might be safer? If they sit in shield I would be prepared to do that no input dashed jump to late nair shield pressure stuff, since if they're in shield for that long they're probably waiting for some hitstun to happen anyway.
yup thats the idea, otherwise jab dd grab is way smarter and safer haha

foxlisk ilu. i think it would take me a lot of discipline to wd back or fh wl the platform to avoid that, but i think thats the right answer.

who was it btw?
<3 you too bud. also i think wd back is good or just roll because ive committed pretty heavily to hitting that one place where you're currently standing.

i think it was mofo, possibly mafia though

oliman

Smash Journeyman
not to interrupt, but PP u gotta do more of the matchup stuff. not to be rude either, but you said that you'd do it after rom4. i am disappoint, sir.

Brookman

Smash Hero
not to interrupt, but PP u gotta do more of the matchup stuff. not to be rude either, but you said that you'd do it after rom4. i am disappoint, sir.
Honestly, for you to profess disappointment only indicates how selfish you are. Drpp (Kevin) is a person like any other and has priorities that may supersede expounding on melee match ups.

Instead you should be thanking him for posting at all.

.. ever

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Why does jab runaway grab never work for me? Is it because I need to make it more random and do jab into attacks more so they don't expect it?

and how do I edgeguard Marth in general

I always get attacked while holding onto the ledge and I end up rolling and dropping the edgeguard, I've tried spacing d-smash but that's hard, and also angled f-tilt never kills them cause they DI properly most of the time

Right now I just bait the ledge hop attack then CC d-smash
It's because people are probably moving away after you jab because they know you'll move away. You have to make them want to stay shielding by doing things that stuffs their OOS options or makes them feel like you could do a move that stuffs their OOS options. Try jab shine things or jab ftilt things to condition your opponent.

There's a double jump backwards regrab thing you can do when Marth is side B'ing that allows you to regain invincibility during any time Marth could up-B. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then lightshield edgehog or try CC dsmashing his up-B.

I am currently working over certain frustrations in remembering matchup things but I'll do it when I can. Trust me, I have not forgotten.

Top Bottom